Dyson

[WIP] Manhattan Modification [The Upper East Side] *New Video*

Feedback poll  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run the mod?

2. 2. Do you enjoy the mod (scale 5 being highest)?

• 5 - Very much
    • 4 - A lot
    • It's ok but nothing special
    • Needs improvements
    • Terrible needs drastic improvements (Go on haters go crazy)
  3. 3. Crash frequencies (once in game)

• Every time I play it crashes
    • Most of the time it crashes
    • Had a few crashes
    • Very few crashes
    • Never crashed so far

the way some of you guys reacted was quite immature its not like this was a mod were every model had been stolen just a couple of files,scripts etc that went through without credit accidentally they were not even used some of them anyway i saw the open house pics on Facebook that abandoned warehouse with the squatters etc would be a good building to deal with a fire and what not even a medical call when the medics are attacked would be cool

First steps first, Readme as of V3.0.2 (If we forgot someone let us know.)

Manhattan Modification V3.0.2 Credits

Models Rafaelmfernandez, Hoppah (LA Mod), Nnico, ERS Berlin (Tour bus)

Textures Dyson, Hoppah (LA Mod)

Lights Marius, Rafaelmfernandez, Chad

Scripts Hoppah, Dyson, Rafaelmfernandez

Special thanks to

Hoppah for his base LA Mod, this mod was not possible without him. As well as all the scripts he helped with, especially the 
limited water and search houses script.

Nnico for his models (Ford Excursion, Crown Vic, Chevy Impala, Ford Vans and Ambulances and MTA Buses) He saved many months of work on this.

Rockstar Games for many of the New York City style buildings and some street miscellaneous items.

Newfoundking for hosting our mod on his site for download

The New York City Fire Department for allowing me to spend countless hours at firehouses, on the trucks and onscene doing research
for the mod.

and Thanks to all the people who contributed comments, audio files, suggestions, ideas and to the people who we could not find
every single civil vehicle model created. If we forgot you, We apologize however we are grateful! 

Will you put in replacements for the ESS truck and tow trucks because they were really cool. I understand why Hoppah got angry.

The ESS Truck is still in as we made ours, Mikey's was just somewhere in the Directory of the mod from an earlier dev version of V1 in which we had his in place of ours. All of Mikey's models listed by Hoppah have been removed and replaced. The tow trucks are now the ones from LA Mod again.

I remember MikeyPI offering Dyson to use his tow trucks (in a privat beta testing converstaion here on the forum). Obviously this was no where to be found as off now. Not sure if Hoppah turned evil all the sudden of if this is just a wierd coincidence, I don't know. And for the lack of credits, I guess there is no excuse, although Hoppah should know that everyone on this forum worship him like a god and probably will continue doing that for a while. 

Thanks for picking this up in a professional way. I appreciate it. I kinda agree with you Dyson, it does seem it was blown out of proportion, but I was dead serious in my post as well. I wasn't angry to begin with, just a little disappointed. The only thing I wanted, was to resolve this in a professional way and I'm glad to see this has been sorted out so fast. The first reactions from users after my big post weren't thát immature, but written emotions due to the tone in my big post. I didn't turn evil, although the post may have sounded like that. As an admin of this forum, I'm kinda obliged to make sure people follow the terms of Emergency-Planet and the law on this forum, so after finding this out I had to do something about it. If I wouldn't, Emergency-Planet would've lost some credibility as a reliable place for mod-creators to meet, no matter what kind of intentions distributers have. When copyright protected work is released, it has to be credited.

@ rafaelmfernandez: the readme looks good. That's about the way I was hoping it would look like.

The mod will be a bit smaller of course, but those models were only a fraction of the models in the entire mod, so it won't be alot probably.

Keep up the good work.

Hoppah

• Upvote 1

Actually........... Here is the updated readme:

*              911: First Responders/Emergency 4               *
*                Manhattan Modification V3.0.2                 *
*                By: Rafaelmfernandez and Dyson                *
====================================================================
Credits: 

Special Thanks:

Thank you to Hoppah for his base LA Mod, this mod was not possible without him. As well as all the scripts 
he helped with, especially the limited water and search houses script, Rockstar Games for many of the New York City 
style buildings and some street miscellaneous items, Newfoundking for hosting our mod on his site for download,
Nnico for his models (Ford Excursion, Crown Vic, Chevy Impala, Ford Vans and Ambulances and MTA Buses) He saved many months of work on this.
Thank you to Sixteen Tons Entertainment/Wizard Works for making Emergency 4. And finally, thank you to The New York City Fire Department for 
allowing me to spend countless hours at firehouses, on the trucks and onscene doing research for the mod.

Also thanks to the following who helped contribute and create this modification:

Marius W - Lighting, scripting, and audio assistance since V1 http://www.youtube.com/user/mariuswwww
Chad - Lighting
BMA - BMA.script, Odourofgas.script
ERS Berlin - (Tour bus)
SEKboy,Bass-ti,Niederwallufer,Notartzblubb - putincar_stretch.script
Tasse - DebugFire.script
a-rescue - specialdoor.script
Goka - GetStryker.script
Serg - Assistance with audio
eggcarton - Taser.script
GeRrItK - Maker off Fachzug 22 Modifikation

=====================================================================================

Thanks to all the buffs for videos that helped provide most of our audio, and help provide more detailed and 
accurate skins and lighting, especially:    

======================================================================================

*Thank you to all our supporters, your support and ideas is what has kept as motivated and 
is the most rewarding aspect of modding 
*Thank you to Marius, Jose, Nace, Jon, J Liu, Kyle, and Andrew, Sal, all the other members of MERU and and countless 
other beta testers for enduring hours of playing and crashing to help discover bugs.
*Thank you to:
FDNY - New Yorks Bravest
FDNY EMS - New Yorks Best
NYPD - New Yorks Finest
*Thank you to everyone who has attempted to run the modification, and we are sincerely sorry if it 
can not run on your current computer.
*Thank you to Joe for leading the beta testers in crashes, discovering the pattern with Intel Integrated graphics.
*Thank you to all other graphics cards besides Intel.
* Thank you to Hamachi and Tunngle for allowing us to play Manhattan Modification multiplayer.
*Thank you to all the software used to help create this modification including:
Blender, Adobe Photoshop, ZModeler, Paint.net, Windows Paint, Audacity, YouTube, Notepad++, Google Spreadsheet,
Teamspeak3, MegaUpload(until it was taken down), 4share, Mega.co, Fraps 

========================================================================================

Thanks to all the people who contributed comments, audio files, suggestions, ideas. Thank you for the almost 2000 
likes on facebook, over 1 million views on emergency planet forum, and downloads from multiple websites and torrents 
equaling well over one hundred and fifty thousand. And to the people who we could not find every single civil vehicle 
model created. If we forgot you, We apologize however we are grateful, please contact 
through private message on http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php/index.html and it will be added in the next update. 

i wonder if a quiet pm would have been better than a big post like that hoppah.

it just got alot of people going wtf?

im sure it was all an oversight as they were busy working on the mod and just forgot about that thank you read me.

keep up the good work all the modders out there and dont forget to put in a thank you read me.

cheers

im sure it was all an oversight as they were busy working on the mod and just forgot about that thank you read me.

keep up the good work all the modders out there and dont forget to put in a thank you read me.

cheers

Nailed it

cheers

Amen. But ah well, anyway Raf's worked really hard on a patch update, check it out.

cheers

Just like you could've contacted me personally to send me this message as well. I was going 'wtf' too, when I found out that there was no readme. You have any idea how much time I spend on the limited water logic? The freeplay version of it was actually requested by some of the members of this team. And that's just one very recent example that helped this modification become so good and popular.

In regards to your question about my method: I don't agree because of effectiveness. This is usually the way me and other moderators operate when it comes to the subject 'copyright' and there is nothing wrong by that. Or are you so afraid of bad publicity and a tarnished image of this modification? Doing it trough PM may have been an option indeed, but I chose to do it this way to make sure it would be set straight as soon as possible. In my experience, personal messages are (generally speaking) ignored and not taken seriously a lot. I also could've taken down the whole download, deleted this topic and handed out some warnings to the involved members (which were all suggested by people who I talked to before I wrote the big post). However, I chose a less strict way, because I knew the 'theft' was NOT intentional ánd indeed an oversight. While it is easy to set this straight, copyright infringement is a serious offense on this forum and needs to be taken seriously. By writing a public post in a serious tone, I was sure the message would be received. I'm not sure how long you are around on this forum, but we (me and other moderators) used to enforce the terms of this forum in a much harder way in the past, so this was actually mild. Anyway, I considered a couple of options to deal with the problem and chose the most effective but least consequencing method to make sure the problem would be picked up and resolved as soon as possible. The mod is still there, no people were sued, banned or warned and the mod can still be continued. I personally have no bad feelings towards the mod's team and hope that the Manhattan Mod will be improved in the future. The new patch looks promising indeed and the readme is actually very extensive and clear.

Alright, I'm no mod or admin or whatever, but the situation is over. Dyson and Raf have looked into it and have fixed it. We don't need to get all up in arms over this incident. The modding team acted quickly and efficently to fix what they had done wrong. Like what Hoppah said, no one was banned, sued, or given a warning. The mod is still up and running. So we all, as fans of the modification, should accept what has happened and take our hats off to the mod makers. They didn't go up in arms and freak out. They put their heads down, noted what they had done and have now fixed it. We should just stop with the talking about what happened previously. Not trying to act as a police officer.

I've been following this mod from day one and the progress that has been made on this mod is incredible. I'm looking forward to all your upcoming work and new features. You've got a heck of a team and it's showing.

https://mega.co.nz/#!fYBCkIZA!OX1cl0eU_TPTXGEI_MjFy2lDtshtbtEG72a5-uVJ5Xc

V3.0.2 Is here! Enjoy it this weekend!

DELETE ALL PREVIOUS MANHATTAN MOD V3 VERSIONS. THIS IS NOT A PATCH!

* 911: First Responders/Emergency 4 *
* Manhattan Modification V3.0.2 *
* By: Rafaelmfernandez, Mariuswww and Dyson *
http://www.youtube.com/user/rafaelmfernandezable
https://www.emergency-planet.com/ManhattanModification
https://twitter.com/ManhattanMod
====================================================================

Camera Hack for Open Buildings:

Open EM4.cfg in your main game directory with notepad or wordpad. Search for the cam settings lines and replace them with these values.:

<var name="e4_maxcampitch" value="80." />

<var name="e4_maxcamz" value="9999" />

<var name="e4_mincampitch" value="10." />

<var name="e4_mincamz" value="100." />

Credits: 

Special Thanks:

Thank you to Hoppah for his base LA Mod, this mod was not possible without him. As well as all the scripts 
he helped with, especially the limited water and search houses script, Rockstar Games for many of the New York City 
style buildings and some street miscellaneous items, Newfoundking for hosting our mod on his site for download,
Thank you to Sixteen Tons Entertainment/Wizard Works for making Emergency 4. And finally, thank you to The New York City Fire Department for 
allowing me to spend countless hours at firehouses, on the trucks and onscene doing research for the mod.

Also thanks to the following who helped contribute and create this modification:

Marius W - Lighting, scripting, and audio assistance since V1http://www.youtube.com/user/mariuswwww
Chad - Lighting
BMA - BMA.script, Odourofgas.script
ERS Berlin - (Tour bus)
SEKboy,Bass-ti,Niederwallufer,Notartzblubb - putincar_stretch.script
Tasse - DebugFire.script
a-rescue - specialdoor.script
Goka - GetStryker.script
Serg - Assistance with audio
eggcarton - Taser.script
GeRrItK - Maker off Fachzug 22 Modifikation

=====================================================================================

Thanks to all the buffs for videos that helped provide most of our audio, and help provide more detailed and 
accurate skins and lighting, especially: 

FDNY8231 - http://www.youtube.com/user/FdNy8231
THEMAJESTIRIUM1 -http://www.youtube.com/user/THEMAJESTIRIUM1

======================================================================================

*Thank you to all our supporters, your support and ideas is what has kept as motivated and 
is the most rewarding aspect of modding 
*Thank you to Marius, Jose, Nace, Jon, J Liu, Kyle, and Andrew, Sal, all the other members of MERU and and countless 
other beta testers for enduring hours of playing and crashing to help discover bugs.
*Thank you to:
FDNY - New Yorks Bravest
FDNY EMS - New Yorks Best
NYPD - New Yorks Finest
*Thank you to everyone who has attempted to run the modification, and we are sincerely sorry if it 
can not run on your current computer.
*Thank you to Joe for leading the beta testers in crashes, discovering the pattern with Intel Integrated graphics.
*Thank you to all other graphics cards besides Intel.
* Thank you to Hamachi and Tunngle for allowing us to play Manhattan Modification multiplayer.
*Thank you to all the software used to help create this modification including:
Blender, Adobe Photoshop, ZModeler, Paint.net, Windows Paint, Audacity, YouTube, Notepad++, Google Spreadsheet,
Teamspeak3, MegaUpload(until it was taken down), 4share, Mega.co, Fraps 

========================================================================================

Thanks to all the people who contributed comments, audio files, suggestions, ideas. Thank you for the almost 2000 
likes on facebook, over 1 million views on emergency planet forum, and downloads from multiple websites and torrents 
equaling well over one hundred and fifty thousand. And to the people who we could not find every single civil vehicle 
model created. If we forgot you, We apologize however we are grateful, please contact 
through private message on http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php/index.html and it will be added in the next update.

Downloading now :D cant wait :D:) Just had an omg moment like 25+ injured entire block is almost on fire multiple cars and hazmat omg :O (slight issue the box that opens rescue ones doors has blown up:/...then again rescue one is also about to blow

Bugs that I've just had:

1) Ambulance's that you set to patrol, go around in the oppersite direction of traffic flow. Causes incredible back-ups.

2) FDNY/EMS Only Call Outs sets game mode to Challenge. No problem. Until you get a Exploded Gas Line Call that causes 5+ houses to be on fire and 10+ Casulties which fails you automatically from the game without any chance of putting the fire out. When I mean automatically, I mean instantly. The call hadn't even finished coming through and it said "Fail - you have lost control of the city."

3) This goes with number 2. If you quit the game you're playing, try starting a new Freeplay Game or have what I just had, an incident that causes you to automatically lose, you have to go through the High Score listing page before you go back to the main menu. However, that doesn't happen. The second you hit that last button to either cancel and go straight to the main menu, or follow the buttons that take you through the high score listings, your game automatically crashes you to desktop. Which gets frustrating because this is a big mod and it takes some time to load the modification.

Bugs that I've just had:

1) Ambulance'... 3) This goes with number 2. If you quit the game you're playing, try starting a new Freeplay Game or have what I just had, an incident that causes you to automatically lose, you have to go through the High Score listing page before you go back to the main menu. However, that doesn't happen. The second you hit that last button to either cancel and go straight to the main menu, or follow the bquttons that take you through the high score listings, your game automatically crashes you to desktop. Which gets frustrating because this is a big mod and it takes some time to load the modification.

That a general game engine issues. 9 out 10 playing a second game without restarting leads to crash. At least if you have mod running