Dyson

[WIP] Manhattan Modification [The Upper East Side] *New Video*

Feedback poll  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run the mod?

2. 2. Do you enjoy the mod (scale 5 being highest)?

• 5 - Very much
    • 4 - A lot
    • It's ok but nothing special
    • Needs improvements
    • Terrible needs drastic improvements (Go on haters go crazy)
  3. 3. Crash frequencies (once in game)

• Every time I play it crashes
    • Most of the time it crashes
    • Had a few crashes
    • Very few crashes
    • Never crashed so far

That a general game engine issues. 9 out 10 playing a second game without restarting leads to crash. At least if you have mod running

Oh okay.I mean like I had an issue where I lost the game because of an explosion that I didn't have a chance to put out. Then when it put me to the game menu it crashed. Is that normal? I didn't try and run 2 mods at once, I'm aware that kills the game, lol.

Bugs that I've just had:

1) Ambulance's that you set to patrol, go around in the oppersite direction of traffic flow. Causes incredible back-ups.

2) FDNY/EMS Only Call Outs sets game mode to Challenge. No problem. Until you get a Exploded Gas Line Call that causes 5+ houses to be on fire and 10+ Casulties which fails you automatically from the game without any chance of putting the fire out. When I mean automatically, I mean instantly. The call hadn't even finished coming through and it said "Fail - you have lost control of the city."

3) This goes with number 2. If you quit the game you're playing, try starting a new Freeplay Game or have what I just had, an incident that causes you to automatically lose, you have to go through the High Score listing page before you go back to the main menu. However, that doesn't happen. The second you hit that last button to either cancel and go straight to the main menu, or follow the buttons that take you through the high score listings, your game automatically crashes you to desktop. Which gets frustrating because this is a big mod and it takes some time to load the modification.

Steve, FDNY & EMS mode was an idea by dyson, apparently it doesnt work to my knowledge so just stay away from it for now. The Crash issue at the end of the game I just recently learned how to fix it. If you have windows 8 installed you dont have that issue for some reason. Also I read from a tester that if you delete the logfile before ending the game you go back to the main menu. So you can try those. For the ambulance you might be shift clicking the command which apparently makes the patrol path reverse.

It's very easy to set up your own FDNY/EMS mode. Just edit your freeplayparameters file and disable all the NYPD calls. There's a tutorial here if you don't know how.

I didn't know that! Thank you for this, I'll have a look at it!

Steve, FDNY & EMS mode was an idea by dyson, apparently it doesnt work to my knowledge so just stay away from it for now. The Crash issue at the end of the game I just recently learned how to fix it. If you have windows 8 installed you dont have that issue for some reason. Also I read from a tester that if you delete the logfile before ending the game you go back to the main menu. So you can try those. For the ambulance you might be shift clicking the command which apparently makes the patrol path reverse.

Ah okay. Sounds good. I love the FDNY/EMS only one, it's gotta be my favorite. I'm not putting any negativity on that idea.

And I could be. I'll take another look. I'll take another look into those suggestions.

I was having issues where no matter what I would CTD within 5mins of loading the freeplay map. I deleted the log file and have been able to play for over an hour in one sitting on more than one occasion (once for over 2 hours) with no crashing issues except for one time (which happens with any mod). YMMV but it could be worth a shot for some of you having similar issues.

Love the mod. I have an issue and a suggestion actually.. 

The issue is that all of the vehicle textures are missing for me. Thee city is there. But the vehicles are invisible. Help?

The suggestion is a traffic diversion command. Hoppah's LA Mod has a command to have officers redirect traffic and selected emergency vehicles able to use directional lights for the same. It may solve some of the traffic issues.

Thanks!

Ahhhhhh the redirecting thing ahhhh well they tried adding the ers Berlin redirect command thingy but that made it worse same with adding hoppahs:)...trust me I know ways of getting the command on some units with out going in the editor xD and the missing textures is ure graphics card updated?

So I have read through this forum and tried the fixes mentioned to get the mod to run and I still have the same problem.  It will load from the mods screen, and if I play the campaign it works some of the time and then others just crashes.  For the freeplay mode, if I select FD / EMS only it just crashes after the loading screen.  If I select FD / EMS / PD mode, it pops up with the Microsoft C++ Runtime Library error.  Does anyone have any suggestions.

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Intel® Core i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40 GHz

64 bit operating system