Hoppah

US Army Mod 0.6 [RELEASED]

A new update with some cool information.

First of all, there will be at least one new event in the next update. The new event is a mortar attack on the base and you will have to act quick to stop them. The rounds can hurt your soldiers and vehicles, but they aren't very accurate. Seconds before an impact, smoke will appear to warn you.

Second, new vehicles!

The Blackhawk will now come with a command to upgrade it (for some $$$ ofcourse) to a Medivac. The Medivac can carry 2 patients and is also able to extract injured persons while airborne (like the engi helo in the orginal game). That brings the total amount of patients it can carry at once to 3. Pretty cool, isn't it? I've also added a second helopad to base on the map and helicopters will automatically empty its transports (detainees or injured persons) when they have returned to the base.

post-4-0-72089900-1375653022_thumb.jpg

I've also added a new ground vehicle, the M1126 Stryker*!

post-4-0-89700100-1375653036_thumb.jpg

Just like the Blackhawk this vehicle comes with an upgrade command, so you can upgrade it to a M1133 Medical Evacuation Vehicle (MEV). The normal Stryker has about the same traits as the transportation truck, it's just armoured. The cannon on top of it will not be usable in the mod (yet). The Stryker MEV can transport up to 4 injured persons and is basically a bigger armoured ambulance. The MEV comes with equipment to set up a medical aid post. Medics are able to set the post up. The aid post will heal all nearby hurt soldiers (see pic below). The more medics you put inside the post, the faster it will heal the soldiers.

post-4-0-97011300-1375653033_thumb.jpg

That's it for today. I hope everyone likes the new additions.

* Credits: original Stryker model is from the Battlefield-series and modified for this game

Okey, before I'm going to post new information about vehicles first something else.

I've succesfully added a limited water supply function to the mod, which means the local fire truck and the TFFT have a functional water tank which can run empty so you will not be able to put out fires with them anymore.

Screenshot:

post-4-0-89885700-1376438446.jpg

As you can see, there is an information panel which shows the current tank volume of the TFFT in gallons. When using the hose connections and/or the water cannons the watertank of the TFFT will empty in a few minutes. Using more hoses or even a combination of hoses ánd the water cannon will empty the tank much faster ofcourse. However, you can connect a hydrant to the trucks which will serve as water supply to fill the water tank again. It works pretty smooth so far, but I still need to test it more extensively.

Information about new vehicles will follow soon!

Hoppah

Okey, before I'm going to post new information about vehicles first something else.

I've succesfully added a limited water supply function to the mod, which means the local fire truck and the TFFT have a functional water tank which can run empty so you will not be able to put out fires with them anymore.

Screenshot:

attachicon.gifusam18.jpg

As you can see, there is an information panel which shows the current tank volume of the TFFT in gallons. When using the hose connections and/or the water cannons the watertank of the TFFT will empty in a few minutes. Using more hoses or even a combination of hoses ánd the water cannon will empty the tank much faster ofcourse. However, you can connect a hydrant to the trucks which will serve as water supply to fill the water tank again. It works pretty smooth so far, but I still need to test it more extensively.

Information about new vehicles will follow soon!

Hoppah

Niceeeeeeeee

Or possibly the addition of dump tanks maybe? (Deployed from the TFFT, obviously)

Well I like the idea, but fighting fires isn't really a big part of this mod, so I'll leave it like this for now. I added this because I wanted to try this functionality out myself and it seems to work fine. It does make my mod even more unique and more challenging in case you do gotta fight a fire. Once I'm sure the limited water supply works flawlessly, I may take a look at other stuff which take use of this functionality or the base of it too. Another idea would be limited oxygen tanks for the fire fighters with SCBA gear or even limited fuel tanks for ALL playable vehicles.

Well I like the idea, but fighting fires isn't really a big part of this mod, so I'll leave it like this for now. I added this because I wanted to try this functionality out myself and it seems to work fine. It does make my mod even more unique and more challenging in case you do gotta fight a fire. Once I'm sure the limited water supply works flawlessly, I may take a look at other stuff which take use of this functionality or the base of it too. Another idea would be limited oxygen tanks for the fire fighters with SCBA gear or even limited fuel tanks for ALL playable vehicles.

that would be cool  :happy:

Very nice, are you going to make this scrip available for other modders or keep it to yourself for a while?

I may release some kind of test mod for the interested people. :) However, it's not like you can just copy and paste the code in any other mod. The script is designed for specific vehicles in the US Army Mod (1 TFFT, 2 local fire trucks) and is integrated in the missionscript. Unless you have experience in scripting it would be damn hard to use this in other mods. 

I may release some kind of test mod for the interested people. :) However, it's not like you can just copy and paste the code in any other mod. The script is designed for specific vehicles in the US Army Mod (1 TFFT, 2 local fire trucks) and is integrated in the missionscript. Unless you have experience in scripting it would be damn hard to use this in other mods. 

yeah I can imagine it'd be a royal pain to get it in any other mod, it's up to hoppah how open source he wishes to be, but if it is made available I and many others will definitely be trying to work it into freeplay.