FranciscoDoCarmo

Release Date ?

I'm struggling to think what will make Emergency 5 different from 4. I really am struggling. I mean, its not like any of us here play the vanilla game?

I think the developers felt their game (base em4) was overshadowed by mods, they wanted to release a vanilla only game to try to prove (em2012) which backfired with low sales and zero interest.

I think they have reverted to ability to mod, accepting this is where their fan base lies. I think this said the development will be heavily focused on improving the game for modding capabilites, which if they do will have benefits for everyone, gamers, modders and the original developers alike.

However if they fail to improve the game beyond em4's capabilities I doubt many will disregard numerous mods in favour of a recycled engine. So it's really up to them how successful the game is, they're gonna have to deliver something real good to draw people away from em4.

x

What Dyson says makes sense. I am more worried about the "downtime" in which the modders learn a new system and start making mods for EM5. I really don't see myself not playing EM4 anyway, I just love the mods and the game layout in general too much to quit.

I think the developers felt their game (base em4) was overshadowed by mods, they wanted to release a vanilla only game to try to prove (em2012) which backfired with low sales and zero interest.

I think they have reverted to ability to mod, accepting this is where their fan base lies. I think this said the development will be heavily focused on improving the game for modding capabilites, which if they do will have benefits for everyone, gamers, modders and the original developers alike.

However if they fail to improve the game beyond em4's capabilities I doubt many will disregard numerous mods in favour of a recycled engine. So it's really up to them how successful the game is, they're gonna have to deliver something real good to draw people away from em4.

x

Nicely explained Dyson!

EDIT: FranciscoDoCarmo i'd remove that abomination of a signature immediately, or you'll get a warning point.