camhesse1

Washington D.C.

The only thing you need for the fan lights to work is a modeler (to make the model the lights are on) and a person who can do animations to make it spin and then a scripter to make it spin when the lights are turned on. :D

As CFD said good luck because it will not work...all lights, poly and radiation in the light editor are for fixed positions(example:tower ladder in down position,lights work good.As the bucket goes up the lights stay in the original position the same way the spinning lights would)

The included spinning light would be for appearance sake only.

All you have to do is make them like directionals! If you do get it spinning, all you have to do is time the lights for a rotating effect at the time that part of the spinner passes by a certain point and your done! But either way, if you do get it spinning, it'll be going so fast you wont be able to notice the lights actually rotating on the object. Or if you cant, you can still make the lights have the effect that they are moving! Once you get to that step that you need the lights, your more than welcome to PM me and I can help you with the lights. :)

hey todd... haha yeah.... u did that map for me remember? You were helping me with my mod a good 6 months ago, and got me the wdc fire map for google and helped me figure it out haha and i will work on it after saturday morning... that is next available time... someone is doing skins of pd, and we will post pics of progress shortly..

Haha, I knew I did it with someone couldn't remember who..lol.

Since you guys are experienced... where do you get the code references? I saw one emergency-wiki.de or something like that, but it has been under construction now for ever.

It included the references such as the various ACTION_TYPES etc... The tutorial touches on this along with GAMEOBJECT but this site had it all documented.

I want to look at it to experiement with a few things to see how easy/hard/limited it is to do things.

Then I will determine to do a Mod.

Oh... and I'd say downtown DC would be nice. You have all kinds of demonstrations you could have. Not to mention the various vehicles with the police, marked secret service, the unmarked secret service, etc...

The editor. I read somewhere where you can snapshot from overhead the map by turning certain things on/off to stop it from disappearing.

If anyone has the link to that or know how to please let me know.

Since you guys are experienced... where do you get the code references? I saw one emergency-wiki.de or something like that, but it has been under construction now for ever.

It included the references such as the various ACTION_TYPES etc... The tutorial touches on this along with GAMEOBJECT but this site had it all documented.

I want to look at it to experiement with a few things to see how easy/hard/limited it is to do things.

Then I will determine to do a Mod.

Oh... and I'd say downtown DC would be nice. You have all kinds of demonstrations you could have. Not to mention the various vehicles with the police, marked secret service, the unmarked secret service, etc...

The editor. I read somewhere where you can snapshot from overhead the map by turning certain things on/off to stop it from disappearing.

If anyone has the link to that or know how to please let me know.

I am so confused! What do you need help with? Sorry I just don't understand. And what do you mean "Where do you get the code references?

I am so confused! What do you need help with? Sorry I just don't understand. And what do you mean "Where do you get the code references?

I'm trying to experiment with scripting... coding...

A tutorial I downloaded included some references such as Action Types ACTION_APPEND, ACTION_NEWLIST, ACTION_ASSIST, etc...

However, I know there is more to it because I saw it on a site. emergency-wiki.de but the site is under rescontruction. The link is also in the tutorial document I downloaded.

So I'm trying to figure out if anyone else has the information.

Maybe you refer to them as class libraries. I'm not sure. The terminology always changes as well as the scope of the meaning.

Thanks!