Sgt Alex4028

St John Ambulance - Get to know other cadets etc, show off your kit!

Can't give out the exact details, But they bought incorrect items for their role and went out and impersonated that role on a public event.

Also, EDIT to my above post, By not SJA Member, I meant full member, Again, avoiding specifics.

Its quite relevant, St Andrews is the St John of Scotland essentially.

This lists areas:

http://www.firstaid....outh/cadets.htm

I'd just send them a message through here: http://www.firstaid.org.uk/youth/youth-enquiry.htm enquiring as to which of the divisions closest to you run Cadet divisions - its essentially what I did for St John :)

The OC-D

As a Unit leader for Cadets, i feel i can answer the above :) (following what we do)

when a Cadet firs joins, they can expect to do the below:

-Membership award (when they first join)

- First Aid course

- Grand Prior Awards (held at the unit during meetings)

Once they've completed the relevant courses, they're invited to go out on public First Aid duties where they can treat under supervision with adult members and build on their knowledge of F/A.

They're also able to continue on to more courses to progress such as Cadet Trainer, Leading cadet just to name a few.

(Hope this relates to your question)

I motion for a change of the topic title from showing off your kit to anything else. I always read it as showing off your kilt, and feel the urge to come in here and mention how stupid I think having medical personnel in skirts would be.

That is all.

I have never read the title like that o,o

I've seen plenty of Medical personnel in skirts, I don't see how "stupid" it is. Also Scottish people don't like it when you call the kilt a skirt....

I think a change in title would probably be welcome, as it's turned from "Get to know other cadets" to general SJA chat, but not being the thread creator, can't request it. Just my idea on it.

Trousers are usually favored amongst organisation as they're more practical, But i do know that SJA used to allow Cadets to wear Skirts (Not sure about kilts, wouldn't want to flash your patient your party piece)

Trousers are usually favored amongst organisation as they're more practical, But i do know that SJA used to allow Cadets to wear Skirts (Not sure about kilts, wouldn't want to flash your patient your party piece)

hahaha but not all Scots go commando when wearing kilts

Was on National Music Camp the other week, quite medically eventful, for myself included.

Dealt with a fair few incidents throughout the week:

21/10/2012 - 20:30 - Sprained Ankle.

22/10/2012 - 22:25 - Foreign fluid in eye (Tabasco Sauce) - The same person who sprained their ankle.^

23-10-2012 - 21:00 - Severe Cold - Breathing Difficulty and low temperature.

And a few more which were very minor and didn't require filling in of a PRF.

And myself, well, I caught a virus on the Friday night, caused me to have fits and blackouts, meant i was in and out of the medical centre until we left camp on Sunday. Then on Monday at school I had another one and have now been prescribed Diazepam to control any fits (haven't had any since though :) )