Sgt Alex4028

St John Ambulance - Get to know other cadets etc, show off your kit!

The rubbered epaulettes have been around for years, my first sets issued with my black and whites were rubber. Epaulettes seem to be a bit like unicorn poo at the minute, but theoretically you should get two sets issued with your uniform.

The OC-D

Well it's been a long time since I've posted on here, but just thought you's might like to know that I'm starting my BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science next March at Ipswich. Anyone else progressing with there clinical experience or doing anything different nowadays?

Ooh, and does anyone on here live over Ipswich/Suffolk way or work for EEAST?

Unfortunately I've gone the other way, I'm current 'unqualified' as I didn't revalidate - I just don't have the time alongside a Masters. Currently wavering on the edge of the organisation, I may go back in or I could well drop out.

Congratulations on your degree offer - hope you enjoy it! :)

The OC-D

With regards to Epaulettes, my Unit Manager has always given them to me - I have recently been promoted to Unit Cadet Lead and am at grade 5 officer level - meaning two 'pips' - so I can only get them from Managers anyway.

BritishArmyReserveCadets - Best of luck with your University Degree. I am sure that you will love doing it - although it does seem like hard work, it is very worth while. I have chosen the student paramedic route myself and hope to work with LAS as emergency ambulance crew until the East of England Ambulance Service recruits student paramedics.