Sgt Alex4028

St John Ambulance - Get to know other cadets etc, show off your kit!

Ill have to ask, just because it "Qualify's" you as one, dosen't mean you have to become one. And about the drivers licence, I know some don't actually have them as they respond by other means (Ie, There's one in Stafford which responds by horse - Yes this is true, was told about it on my week at WMAS) and you also don't need a car, again depending on circumstances, as the local one by me provides a car and the Telford Responders actually have blue-light cars.

most services require you to have a license and a car to work for them as a responder, But not for the training itself.

Sometimes the high ups need a kick up the backside to get things going with SJA :P As proven by a brilliant manager that has just got us 8 new crusaders :)

Long overdue, Our fleet of 2 crusaders are 11 years old. :P They're being turned into F/A posts with the new ones being shared between Event cover and Patient transport for the NHS

Ok, sorry its a month later but here you go (forgot :P) Pro Force Tomahawk Elite SF Backpack

The Bag

TT163-MULTICAM%5BFRONT%5D%20copy.jpg

Lower Front Compartment - Specifically designed for Medical Equipment, contains 2 Saline Solution pods, 2 rolls of micro-porous tape, 1 Spencer Wells artery forceps, 1 Bandage scissors, 1 Tweezers, 1 Small Scissors, 2 Foil Blankets, 1 Burn Bag, 1 Burn Shield sachet, Pack of antiseptic wipes, My Purple Stethoscope, Hi-Vis Vest, Wounds dressing pads, blood glucose testing kit, Aspirin, Massive pack of various plasters (Including child ones :P), Antihistamine cream and Radian B.

1000036j.jpg

Front Compartment - Paper, 10 Sick Bags, 2 Glow sticks, BluTak, White Tape, Camouflage Cream, Permanent Marker, various pens, Heat Spray, Cold Spray, Knife fork spoon, Sterizar hand sanitiser, Trauma Shears, Torch, 2 Multitools, 1 Weapon Multitool, Weapon cleaning kit, Paracord (Rope)

1000035g.jpg

Main Compartment - Waterproof Jacket, Diary, Patient Report Forms, Clinical Handbook,

1000034bl.jpg

Main Compartment with PRF'S, Diary, etc removed - Clingfilm, Fire Extinguisher, 4 Trauma Dressings, 7 Saline Pods, 1 500ml Saline Bottle, Germolene w/Local Anaesthetic, Antiseptic Spray, Spray Plaster, 50 Various Bandages, 20 Wound Pads, 5 Wound Closure strips, Large Blanket (Hidden behind everything), Omron M2 Blood Pressure Monitor, Adult Cuff, Pulse Oximeter, Thermometer, 30 Sugary Sweets, 10 Clinical Waste Bags

1000033lu.jpg

Bag - £82.99

9 Saline Pods (Did have 10) - £5.00

2 x Micropore - £1

Spencer Wells - FREE

Bandage Scissors - £1.99

Tweezers - £1.99

Small Scissors - £0.99

2x Foil Blankets - £3

Burn Bag - FREE

Burn Shield Sachet - FREE

Antiseptic Wipes - about £10 worth

Stethoscope - FREE

Hi-Vis Vest - £10

Wound Pads - about £15 worth

Interior Pouches (Not included in the bag) - £20

Blood Glucose Testing Kit (Inc Lancets, strips, etc) - FREE (refills cost though :( )

Aspirin - £0.99

Massive Pack of Plasters - about £20 worth

Antihistamine Cream - £1

Radian B - £1

Paper - about £15 worth

5 x Sick Bags - £1.75

2 x Glow Sticks - FREE

BluTak - £0.99

White Tape - FREE

Camouflage Cream - £1

Permanent Marker - FREE

Various Pens - about £5 worth

Heat Spray - £1

Cold Spray - £1

Knife Fork Spoon - £10

Sterizar Hand Sanitizer - £1.95

Trauma Shears - £2.50

Torch - £10 (Its a surface mount LED, better than any normal led or lumen torch)

2 Multitools - £10

Weapon Multitool - £2

Weapon Cleaning Kit - £10

Paracord - FREE

Waterproof Jacket - On loan for FREE

Diary - £2.50

PRF's - £2.50 for folder, about £20 total for ink and paper

Clinical Handbook - FREE

Clingfilm - £1

Fire Extinguisher - £15

Trauma Dressings - £2.92

500ml Saline Bottle - £2.65

Germolene w/Local Anaesthetic - £1

Antiseptic Spray - £1

Spray Plaster - £1

50 Various Bandages - about £30 worth

5x3 Wound Closure Strips - £2

Large Blanket - FREE

Omron M2 BP Monitor - FREE

Adult Cuff - FREE

Pulse Oximeter - £21

Thermometor - £5.95

30 Sugary Sweets - FREE

10 Clinical Waste Bags - £0.70

So about £356

Including free things comes to about £400-£450 and about £500 with some other military things in the side pocket which i missed off (Knee pad, bush hat, neck gaiter, minetape, waterbottle, kevlar gloves)

Goodluck with the uniform, it's cheap rubbish imo.

They need to work on the site as it's a bit of a task finding anything you need, Working with youth means I've got to have access to many forms and subjects. It's a nightmare atm :P

The bitching always rises to the top 'cos it's common ground and it's a coping mechanism. At the end of the day, we wouldn't be doing it if we didn't enjoy what we did with great people for great people :)

The OC-D

Exactly. The positives certainly outway the negatives, and as stated, you wouldn't do it if you didn't enjoy it. I love SJA and the opportunities gained. Thanks to SJA, I'm now a Student Paramedic, if i hadn't have gained the experience and support from them, i doubt I'd be in this situation now.

Yes, I applied a thankfully gained a place. There were 1000 applications for initially 42 places, but funding increased so there were 67 positions, thankfully i gained one and here i am working with a great trust.

Hi. I was thinking about joining the SJA Cadets (I'm not a legal adult, yet.) and i was wondering, what does it involve? Does it function like, the Scouts, for example? Or is it a completely different structure? Will you need a first aid kit? Hi vis jacket?

I have tons of questions on how SJA functions, so maybe a Cadet could help?