camhesse1

Red River Rapids ,Michigan Fictional Town

Why not just make it and skin it in zmodeler?or better yet there are some stations that resemble yours on the other em4 site that are free to use and ready to be put in game.It's been said many times that Sketchup is not really a viable option for this game.

I agree with the other poster that the big station does not feel small town,anyways I attached a few pics of some of the alternative stations you could use..

... And this is just my humble opinion but it might be more realistic to have several smaller stations each with 1 tanker seems like 3 in a station is a bit extreme.

I agree with the other poster that the big station does not feel small town,anyways I attached a few pics of some of the alternative stations you could use..

Why because it has 9 bay doors?

Here a small town with 8 for station 15 and right next door is station 45. 15 is fire and 45 is the ambulance.

Here the website

https://maps.google....5,0.005681&z=18

http://www.svfc.com/

Combine between the amublance station and fire they got 10 bays. That not counting the bay in old station Which at the far end and i believe no longer used for active units.

Saxonburg has poulation of about 1,525 as of 2010.

http://en.wikipedia....g,_Pennsylvania

It has Zero stop lights.

Saxonburg fire equiment

L15

T15

R15

E15

E15-2

B15

S15

Chief15

station 45 got three medics and a SUV

Then I stand corrected. Are you going to add any new scripts like POVs responding to station, drop ponds or anything to reinforce the volunteer concept?

No Idea not part of the mod team. Just want to correct the statements about the station size. Since I have personal seen one that big. Ok it those not have the same units. But tome units a company has is normal detrimend by there needs.

Then I stand corrected. Are you going to add any new scripts like POVs responding to station, drop ponds or anything to reinforce the volunteer concept?

Yes Fred.... and my city will be a little bigger than just a 1000 population.... this is basically around a 100000 person population so they have even a little bit larger fire service, just not big enough for paid per call or full time....(they serve a big area). And yes Fred we are hoping to get full scripts such as povs, and also we are going to work on a script for connecting tankers and hydrants to the engines so they have important uses, especially outside of town where there is no hydrants :)

Yeah I saw that sorry. I assume that means you have fixed the limited water supply issue :huh: And while I think the stations (especially police) are a little to large I think this is a good mod and if you can make it like a combination department with volunteers and careers that would be great. I will of course support your mod and if you need help with something that does not take any skill let me know. Good luck

Yeah I saw that sorry. I assume that means you have fixed the limited water supply issue :huh: And while I think the stations (especially police) are a little to large I think this is a good mod and if you can make it like a combination department with volunteers and careers that would be great. I will of course support your mod and if you need help with something that does not take any skill let me know. Good luck

Haha thanks Fred.... The pd is not too large to tell you the truth... like smaller cities(such as cities like traverse city, or petoskey michigan) a lot of the time, patrol cars going around only take 1 person in them and they aren't staffed with 2 people. So instead of just having 9 patrol cars roaming around in a bigger city, with 2 people in them, you can have up to 18 different cars having ONE person in them...(so if you need 4 officers to a scene, you will need 4 patrol cars to help rather than just 2, so you can easily run out of patrol cars on standby, especially when you need them for traffic or scene control at a fire) and also, having a bunch of smaller stations will require a much greater amount of scripting and work than having 2 bigger stations.... i also didnt really want to have like stations that will have trucks called Rescue 4 or something(if it would be located at a station 4) and not have rescue 1 2 or 3? that kind of thing doesnt make much sense to me haha.... i like it when departments have the same number for most if not all the trucks housed in it.... i might resplit station 2 up into 2 like i had before but i dont think so.... They are going to be on two different sides of the map, so it will be far enough apart to where thojse stations will need eachother for support haha.... and also, most likely this mod won't come out till the release of em5, so if that happens bigger stations if possible will be more needed than smaller stations..... and Fred thanks for the offer.... but there is nothing that someone needs that requires no skill or work... everything requires it :)

Looking forward to the possibility of having to use tankers. When I was younger I joined my hometown volunteer department, and we didn't have any normal hydrants, just ones called DRY HYDRANTS which were basically a pipe that ran directly into the river/lake it was next too, just made hooking up easier than having to throw out the float dock to fill the tankers!

Ah, good memories!

My area has hydrants, but my company has a tanker. Why? There are spots where you can't access a hydrant with out laying endless feet of 5inch. Also, sometimes hydrants might not be functional. It's possible that they lose pressure or even freeze up. But most of all, brush fires and structure fires (mutual aid big time). Its to understand why some fire companies have certain trucks, it just takes a little time being around that fire dept and seeing how they like to work. Every town and city is different.

I think I am keeping the 2 stations at this time. For many reasons. More to come soon... maybe i will show you my first ever skin tomorrow... hope you will like it :)

EDIT!!!!! Ok so I finished my first ever skin today... It's a skin of manhattan mod's ambulance 551(first a Nnico model if I'm not mistaken).... So it is a model made by them.... This is a new skin.... THis is my first ever skin so I will take criticism, as long as its constructive and not pure hatred like some people can show on these forums. Hope you will like... It's not fully completed, My experienced skinner will work on it a little more later. Such as adding a new seal for the ems of red river.

Edit again.... Finished the MCRU(Mass Casualty Response Unit) that will carry 4-5 emt's to the scene of a incident such as an mva. The MCRU is the ems Battalion from Manhattan mod as well...

post-25937-0-63387200-1366328805_thumb.j

post-25937-0-35508800-1366328816_thumb.j

post-25937-0-01361000-1366328826_thumb.j

post-25937-0-17525800-1366517404_thumb.j

post-25937-0-16202000-1366517448_thumb.j

post-25937-0-53299100-1366517462_thumb.j

Ok I am updating the mod..... I liked how i had the bigger station mixed with the pd station... but i changed it around a little bit to make everyone happy haha.... station 1- 5 bay, station 2- 5 bay, station 3- 3 bay, station 4- 3 bay(total of 8 fire trucks per district. District one(north) is station 1 and station 3, while south district is stations 2 and 4) north district is all red vehicles while south district is all white. ems is all at a ems base near hospital, pd is also getting a little rearanged.

Some more questions about the mod, first I am glad to see that this mod is progressing well and being from a smaller town fire dept I feel that this will be more enjoyable to play than other mods. Will chiefs be able to call in mutual aid units from other districts like tankers or a ladder. Second with it not being a big city will we be able to draft from ponds at all? If possible I think some cool new incidents could be like ice water rescue, or if I am correct your map will have a train line running through it so maybe like a train vs. car or person. Lastly when the calls come in will you be redoing the tone out or keeping the same from Emergency 4? Sorry just a few questions.