Freakinmusket

[WIP] LA County Submod

@pat12197

Those all are interesting vehicles. but are all highly unnecessary for a mod like this. Going down the list:

-Scooter things: really only seems it would be in use on the sidewalk for meter-maids or in a mall

-ATV: would be fun, but would really only seem practicle in the wilderness, also lack of rural areas

-Sheriff's Big Rig: would be fun, but the tiller phyisics are weird as it is and a whole new set of models would have to be made and all these other complicated things and would rarely be used for calls in freemode, maybe for certain missions it could be used though

-Helo's: there is already a Sheriffs helicopter and there really doesnt seem to be a need for another helicopter just to carry more officers when you could just call in a Blackhawk.

-Sheriffs Paramedic Rescue: there is again very little need for it since there is already a large selection of Fire/EMS units to do the same task, just not one that says "Sheriff" on it.

-Boat's: due to the removale of all but a small lake in the freemode, any boat is useless, except for very few missions.

Sorry if i just Sh*t on your good idea's, but for particle reasons I had to atleast point them out. Sorry Pat

Thank you for the suggestions Pat but for the most part LASD rarely uses any of these vehicles, aside from the choppers and boats. I was thinking about adding Air 5, instead of the National Guard Blackhawk, but I decided against it. If someone wants to create an additional units submod for this after it is released, be my guest lol.

@pat12197

Those all are interesting vehicles. but are all highly unnecessary for a mod like this. Going down the list:

-Scooter things: really only seems it would be in use on the sidewalk for meter-maids or in a mall

Probably right.

-ATV: would be fun, but would really only seem practicle in the wilderness, also lack of rural areas

I think so, too.

-Sheriff's Big Rig: would be fun, but the tiller phyisics are weird as it is and a whole new set of models would have to be made and all these other complicated things and would rarely be used for calls in freemode, maybe for certain missions it could be used though

-Helo's: there is already a Sheriffs helicopter and there really doesnt seem to be a need for another helicopter just to carry more officers when you could just call in a Blackhawk.

The LASD has a helicopter called "Rescue 5", it essentially funcions as a rescue helicopter like the jayhawk.

-Sheriffs Paramedic Rescue: there is again very little need for it since there is already a large selection of Fire/EMS units to do the same task, just not one that says "Sheriff" on it.

I don't agree with that, since the Sheriff's paramedics mostly respond to SRT-incidents, and act as tactical medics or assist at SAR-incidents, although they do first-responder-missions, too,

-Boat's: due to the removale of all but a small lake in the freemode, any boat is useless, except for very few missions.

I agree with that.

Sorry if i just Sh*t on your good idea's, but for particle reasons I had to atleast point them out. Sorry Pat

@Submod team: I like your work, the vehicles look very impressing, but I also have something to critizise: First, you should put a silver stripe at the bottom of the old engine, because the skin looks kind of "empty" otherwise. Second: You should change the alpha reflections of the ladder truck.

@SEG_San, thank you for the compliments, as well as the criticisms, I actually was going through the skin the other day and realized that it was missing a few things, I will post pictures soon. Same goes for the alphas on the quint, I will fix that stuff. I also have a little surprise for you guys for being so patient, thank you again!

Hey guys, I'm BACK! After going through 2 moves, and working like crazy, I now finally have some down time. I am in the hiring process with AMR, so hopefully I will have some time, once I get hired, but anyways, this mod was not dead, just on a long hiatus, I'm gonna get this thing up and running soon.