LACityFFengineCo287

LA Restoration Submod (WIP)

How about I make it official..

The team clearly doesn't want any more suggestions, so any suggestions will be alerted to me and I'll not only remove them but give a warning? So how about we don't start fights people :)

Are the stations layouts going to be the same or are you going to edit the stations and the map.

No ammount of chocolate milk would ever persuade me to change the stations.

At that, the most I would do is maybe give it a new station that's the same exact size or something like that, but too afraid we may cause more problems then solve by changing it. For the map, I don't think either of us know how to texture it really, so we'd need someone else for that, but the current map is good atm :P

Why by golly we are Not making another map.

BLS - 5 has been having some prototype issues but other then that it's been comming along fine. May switch her to an LED.

bls5.png

I hate to tell you this but that skin is inaccurate. All BLS rigs have 800 added to the station number and the roof of the red RAs is white with a red strip along the back with the unit number. Also, none of the RAs before the 2008 model year use LED lightbars. The only LEDs the pre-2008 red RAs use are the side perimeter flashers, the front grille steady burns, and the corner box flashers.

The best bet would be to copy the skin of the ALS RA and change the unit number and remove the hi-viz on the back.

http://www.flickr.co..._us/3371442734/

That IS the als ambo lol.

HI viz is a bitch to get off, it's on there right now. Thanks Billy.

Your post says BLS. Is the RA you have in the screenshot there supposed to be the BLS or ALS RA? I would guess that it's the BLS RA because the current LA mod ALS RA is perfect as-is.

You can leave the hi-viz on if you want and just change the numbering and remove the "paramedic" wording. It would make it hard to distingush the ALS RA from the BLS RA though.

One should probably have the hi-hiz (ALS) and the other should just have the red back with the white stripe (BLS). Whatever you end up doing, make sure the BLS rig has the 800 number and no paramedic wording.

Your post says BLS. Is the RA you have in the screenshot there supposed to be the BLS or ALS RA? I would guess that it's the BLS RA because the current LA mod ALS RA is perfect as-is.

You can leave the hi-viz on if you want and just change the numbering and remove the "paramedic" wording. It would make it hard to distingush the ALS RA from the BLS RA though.

One should probably have the hi-hiz (ALS) and the other should just have the red back with the white stripe (BLS). Whatever you end up doing, make sure the BLS rig has the 800 number and no paramedic wording.

Mine is the BLS, thanks billy, I'll likely work on those changes tommorow.

I think that you could convert the LEV into this, and if you do maybe you could put the FF PMs W/ No Helmet as the personal for this truck, I would myself, but that is way, way beyond my skills. Does anyone have a pic of the real LEV? or is it fake? :unsure:

post-16958-0-77457700-1299541413_thumb.j

I think that you could convert the LEV into this, and if you do maybe you could put the FF PMs W/ No Helmet as the personal for this truck, I would myself, but that is way, way beyond my skills. Does anyone have a pic of the real LEV? or is it fake? :unsure:

LEVs are not used by the LAFD. The LEV ingame was completely manufactured. No unit exists in the LAFD. However, LACoFD uses paramedic squads which are similar to the LEV.

That photo you have there is of an experimental vehicle that was assigned to EMS 14, the paramedic captain of battalion 14. LAFD wanted to test a unit that could carry a gurney and paramedic equipment that could quickly restock RAs and get them back into service faster. It is more of a command vehicle because the paramedic captain does more supervising than treating. EMS14 has not been in that vehicle for a while now and I believe it was converted into a communications support vehicle.

Battalion 5 is/was in one of the experimental vehicles. I'm not sure if they still are or they switched back to a suburban.

I meant use the LEV as your base and Edit it into EMS 14, and maybe replace the Red Cross Humvee or something, Just pitching some Ideas :)

I like the idea. another suggestion could be like a swat Humvee? like all black with a red and blue code 3 light bar and some other miscellaneous lights and the word SWAT in big white lettering. that would be cool