goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Hey,

I've asked my crew to hold off with the in-game footage and materials until we have our buildings and props completed for show case. I assure you that the map development is on-going, and when time comes to reveal the game world with it's correct canadian geographical counter parts, the wait will pay off, big time. So, in the mean time, while our guys are working on it, Todd and I will focus on apparatuses until it's all done for good.

Thanks, Dyson.

Hey,

I've asked my crew to hold off with the in-game footage and materials until we have our buildings and props completed for show case. I assure you that the map development is on-going, and when time comes to reveal the game world with it's correct canadian geographical counter parts, the wait will pay off, big time. So, in the mean time, while our guys are working on it, Todd and I will focus on apparatuses until it's all done for good.

Thanks, Dyson.

And there's the answer I was looking for, shame I had to go through half the teams random answers. Anyway y'know my opinion awesome as always, I really cant wait to see the gameplay and map side of things, any mod that takes on map making always interests me, distances from the original game, so I hope you capture the Canadian essence :)

x

And there's the answer I was looking for, shame I had to go through half the teams random answers. Anyway y'know my opinion awesome as always, I really cant wait to see the gameplay and map side of things, any mod that takes on maple making always interests me, distances from the original game, so I hope you capture the Canadian essence :)

x

Okay seriously! I thought goog and newfoundking was clear enough. They told you they weren't going to post anything until they actually have something to show.

First off, despite the fact that I volunteered some of my time to consult with this mod, I am a moderator first and foremost, so let's play nice so I don't need to act as a big mean moderator.

I'm very aware of the 'man hours' it takes, having made several maps etc, I'm just saying, even when I get the first few blocks down I'd show it off in game to demonstrate the gameplay feel, the base Em4 has a distinct feel and different mods have different feels to them. I think it'd be most beneficial to the people following progress to get this feel, rather than snap shots of how a rig will look lit up etc.

Just trying my best to get to see into what it is you guys are doing, not trying to get you to reveal all or anything. Well anyway that's best I can word my thoughts, hope it influences your decisions on what you'll be sharing with the community, I just personally want to get a look beneath the surface of unit shots and light videos after following the mod for 2 years.

x

Ah, okay, I don't think I was quite clear enough. I'll rephrase. We are making a new map, yes, however the map will not be for the freeplay game mode, since we have all pretty much decided that the feel of freeplay is more of an arcade type thing than we liked. Technically, I supposed we could throw our map pieces together, place a couple vehicles on the map and wait for the game to spawn an incident, but our map is not designed to work with the traditional freeplay, so in game footage is a bit of a hard thing to do, and it would only show the vehicles moving to a call, and doing things.

That being said, we have started work on a bunch of things that will make ingame footage, but if we posted screen shots, it'd be kinda boring, I mean it'd basically be scripts upon scripts, since that's all a missionscript is until it's functioning.

I'll tell you what, since you've all been good sports up to now, and I haven't had to extend the banhammer in the last little while (I'm getting old and that thing is rather heavy), I'll make a promise that as soon as we have the basics done for a call we'd like to demonstrate, which means at least one station down and the call, we'll play it for you. That's a promise you can hold me to

First off, despite the fact that I volunteered some of my time to consult with this mod, I am a moderator first and foremost, so let's play nice so I don't need to act as a big mean moderator.

Ah, okay, I don't think I was quite clear enough. I'll rephrase. We are making a new map, yes, however the map will not be for the freeplay game mode, since we have all pretty much decided that the feel of freeplay is more of an arcade type thing than we liked. Technically, I supposed we could throw our map pieces together, place a couple vehicles on the map and wait for the game to spawn an incident, but our map is not designed to work with the traditional freeplay, so in game footage is a bit of a hard thing to do, and it would only show the vehicles moving to a call, and doing things.

That being said, we have started work on a bunch of things that will make ingame footage, but if we posted screen shots, it'd be kinda boring, I mean it'd basically be scripts upon scripts, since that's all a missionscript is until it's functioning.

I'll tell you what, since you've all been good sports up to now, and I haven't had to extend the banhammer in the last little while (I'm getting old and that thing is rather heavy), I'll make a promise that as soon as we have the basics done for a call we'd like to demonstrate, which means at least one station down and the call, we'll play it for you. That's a promise you can hold me to

Thanks for the response, that's all I was asking. I appreciate taking the time to answer as I always do no matter who, and your response re-assures me with both progress and that we'll see some gameplay in the forseeable future.

Apologies if my questions came across differently to how they were intended, and I'm excited to see more.

x

Edited by Newfoundking
Removed potential instigating parts

Our freeplay is totally different from your mod or any other mod; which makes it hard to even make a simple response video like you asked for. I can see where your coming from for even just a response video but at the current stage it's not possible. Believe me, we would if we could; screens are the best we can do at the moment.

Love this mod, can't wait to see it...

Keep up the good work, been following it for awhile. When you said that the freeplay will not be tradional were you refering to the mission based freeplay so many mods are going to now? It seems to allow more to be done then the basic freeplay from what I've seen.

Like ERS Berlin and the RTS mod for instance.

For a gameplay video, this is the closest I can find, granted it doesn't have animated moving trucks or sirens, but it'll show you how our FD and RCMP personals look like; and some of the scenes. It's a little old, made in January, but does send the message across.

@BrianDog; Thank you for your support. To answer your question, yes we are doing mission based freeplays. We have a lot of suprises up in our sleeves that will elicit shock and awe when you play it. In fact, I'd limit this game and reserve it for those who are of age 16 and older due the graphical nature of calls. But of course I'm no arsehole, so I won't do that.

Edited by Newfoundking

I regret even coming on here. This is why bosscat is going grey and crazy...

In response to whoever called favouritism, I only click the little dot on the topics when I hit new content, whatever I see is what I see, and usually that's about the past 5 posts from my post. I also don't really like to remove posts and that BEFORE I make a warning. Mostly so people know what I consider unacceptable. Yes the fart post was off topic and immature, but I've dealt with that outside of the public eye. I did edit Dyson's post because there was about two or three sentences in there that would've made some sort of fight start, and instead of letting it start and issuing warnings all around, I figured it'd be easier to just remove the problem sentences and leave it be. Now his post looks very calm mature and isn't pointing fingers.

I have played the manhattan mod and I enjoyed it, and I am currently consulting with this mod on how to proceed. I have no problem issuing warnings to members of either team, and I will do so if this is continued forward. I am all for constructive posting, and all that, however I'm not for things that will start fights. I'm also not for fighting.

I get that there may be members on team A who don't like Team B or vice versa, and quiet frankly I don't care. I have subscribed to both topics now, and either party that starts fighting between the mods, bitching about one being subpar, or anything else that will start a fight. I get there is bad blood between Manhattan and RCMP. I don't care. I will continue my duties as a moderator first, and I will gladly delete all posts that start fights. I'm going to go back and do some editting, deleting and all that. If I have to speak to any of these editted/deleted post parties in either this topic or Manhattan mod, I'll be moving to warnings instead of passive action.

As for comments on the fairness of this post, or anything like that, send me a PM, but do not under any circumstances start it in this topic. It's about the RCMP mod, not Newfoundking's fairness

EDIT: Each side has posted their beliefs, and had a chance to response. Let's not make this public anymore. I've removed the last of the fight

Edited by Newfoundking
Moderating done

Looks great guys, there has been some amazing stuff being posted by many different mods lately.

A side note, going back to the comments on the new sprinter ambulances. The picture comparison is of the sprinter between two Crestline ambulances. Typically the Crestline trucks tend to be a bit smaller than Demers units are. I also know from personal experience, that that specific style of Crestline is significantly smaller inside than your typic Demers. That being said if the Sprinter is comparable in size to that specific truck in the pic, then the medics should be able to function inside. One of the biggest issues medics tend to have with the Type II trucks (raised roof vans) as opposed to the Type III (van chassis, aftermarket box) is that there are no outside storage cabinets, which means all equipment ends up being stuck/hung somewhere inside the truck, which is where you start to lose your space. It's really not the physical dimensions of the truck that make the difference, but where the cabinets are placed and what equipment can be moved out of the inside of the truck. Just a little note about ambulances.

Looking forward to this mod, it's been a long time since I first started following it when the mod was first dreamt of as a submod, but still can't wait for the end result. Will be interesting to see the changes in the mod from the 'standard' EM4 game.

what i dont understand is why dont they get the wider cabin sprinter???

There were originally 4 used for trials and for transfers at the start but they're now using them for calls too.I think they like the size to negotiate the lower mainland traffic.

Hey guys,I made these more or less for me to use and change out my signature on a regular basis.I added 3 themes"fire","police"and"ambulance".Feel free to choose your favorite branch of service and use them in your signature.

cdH6Y.png

4F2zZ.png

y0CI4.png