Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

I hate the earthquake way to many fires to put out can't keep up

Go to your Specs File and you can change the rate of your incidents and for Earthquake as there isn't that much earthquakes in New York City, make that a "O". As for incident ratings, there is a minimum and a Maximum. Give the rate half of what it already is. That's what I did as I could not keep up. I play to relax and that was not relaxing. :cheers-mate:

i think you guys tried to script the paths for the FIRE LANE but i think if we can make the paths a bit bigger or something i mean if u need help modeling i can help but seeing as every time engines try to get through the traffic they get stuck and run into civil cars which stops them from moving for a while so that 1 truck made NYC in a big traffic jam

BREAKING NEWS out of New York

An investigation into questionable firefighters had turned up a recent filing mix up A file clerk Named Magoo accidentally filed candidates into the APPROVED graduates file which was sent to the assigning station departments section.

Because these files are supposed to be of employees graduated recently they were not looked at closely,The investigation started when members started going to their assigned stationed confused,and when the fire calls came they RAN away from the fires instead of fighting it.

Mr.Magoo said quote"well well I I thought it ssssaiid DISapproved" the City of New York promised a better pair of glasses for their Favorite file clerk.

In a related article back braces to be issued to Paramedics so they will actually pick up patents.

Keep up the good humor as it was hilarious.......... :laugh:

i think you guys tried to script the paths for the FIRE LANE but i think if we can make the paths a bit bigger or something i mean if u need help modeling i can help but seeing as every time engines try to get through the traffic they get stuck and run into civil cars which stops them from moving for a while so that 1 truck made NYC in a big traffic jam

Are you suggesting that we take that big Coca Cola truck and park it as I was suggesting earlier? I think that we could have a Coca Cola Depot by the water somewhere and have little Coca Cola trucks as local delivery trucks. Take a fedEx truck and re-skin into a Coca Cola Truck. :schreiben:

post-2116-0-90535900-1294189048_thumb.jp

SUGGESTED/ING

I'm sorry, that was just too painful to read not once, but twice.

That Avatar, It looks like he aught to get off the Ridalin. :smoke:

Corses, after almost 3 years of using this forum you would think you could figure out the multi-quote feature and know double posting is against the rules.

My Bad Sorry!!!! :sorrysign:

yeah it was anyways awesome ambulance making it into the mod installer is good because firstly we can have NY submod secondly we can still have LA mod and maybe with some other submods =) like SG

i thought his avatar was of that kid on youtube that had his WOW account canceled by his mom.

sorry for off topic.

could i offer a suggestion of having 2 map choices. 1 map normal and 1 map with snow all on it. just a thought.

I agree. I do kinda like the snowy effects, but it can be a bit of an eyestrain sometimes.

On the contrary, you could also make piles of snow, snow banks, ice puddles, etc. It is nice to see someone doing something new with the environment.

OT- Yes, it is, but the video itself was staged. 'Fake and gay' as RWJ would say.

Got some models in progress atm, looking pretty snazzy, but anyway, the new version is still under work, having a few issues with the events :/ but work is gonna be delayed due to its my exam week :P I'll still be on the forum etc, but just not got the time to properly make any changes to game, so just hold out for the next weeks, should still be some updates coming, but only monir ones :)

dyson

xholdglass.gif

Got some models in progress atm, looking pretty snazzy, but anyway, the new version is still under work, having a few issues with the events :/ but work is gonna be delayed due to its my exam week :P I'll still be on the forum etc, but just not got the time to properly make any changes to game, so just hold out for the next weeks, should still be some updates coming, but only monir ones :)

dyson

xholdglass.gif

This looks like a great submod, but it's just too buggy and is just plain incomplete. I don't want to sound harsh, but I would attribute this to what Fallout: New Vegas ended up being; rushed and incomplete. Though, looking back, this is the ALPHA release. I suppose not much was to be expected

I would forget about minor updates and focus on major ones before you release anything. LOTS of work still needed

This looks like a great submod, but it's just too buggy and is just plain incomplete. I don't want to sound harsh, but I would attribute this to what Fallout: New Vegas ended up being; rushed and incomplete. Though, looking back, this is the ALPHA release. I suppose not much was to be expected

I would forget about minor updates and focus on major ones before you release anything. LOTS of work still needed

it's not incomplete, it's everything I said it would be, it's a submod, I mean seriously in no disrespect to any other submods, but other submods add maybe, 1-3 max units, or reskins, this is still in the same category, lots of work will be added, but as for expectation, any that is created is all on YOUR end, I never promised a fully functional mod, or else it would be a MOD. :) But most if not all bugs have been addressed anyway so...

@TexasDPS cheers bro, psychology is a bitch haha

dyson

xholdglass.gif

I thought you were going to upload a patch like last week that was supposed to make everything fairly stable? :gruebel:

it's not incomplete, it's everything I said it would be, it's a submod, I mean seriously in no disrespect to any other submods, but other submods add maybe, 1-3 max units, or reskins, this is still in the same category, lots of work will be added, but as for expectation, any that is created is all on YOUR end, I never promised a fully functional mod, or else it would be a MOD. :) But most if not all bugs have been addressed anyway so...

@TexasDPS cheers bro, psychology is a bitch haha

I think one thing he is probably referring to, and maybe I am wrong, but pretty much every unit image and dispatch menu image is still the original LA Mod icons. We click to dispatch a CHP unit and we get a New York State Police instead. The unit images are rather trivial imo but updating the dispatch pics should be a priority imo. That and edit the XML files to update the unit names to. This is done in /specs/portraits.xml, Lang/en/infotexts.xml, and Lang/en/portraits.xml. Imo this mod will look much more professional if you just updated the dispatch icons. I personally prefer doing in game shots like Hoppah, rather then using real pics like you did for the 2 NYPD cars, but even using real images would be better then seeing all the LA Mod dispatch menu icons.

I thought you were going to upload a patch like last week that was supposed to make everything fairly stable? :gruebel:

I think one thing he is probably referring to, and maybe I am wrong, but pretty much every unit image and dispatch menu image is still the original LA Mod icons. We click to dispatch a CHP unit and we get a New York State Police instead. The unit images are rather trivial imo but updating the dispatch pics should be a priority imo. That and edit the XML files to update the unit names to. This is done in /specs/portraits.xml, Lang/en/infotexts.xml, and Lang/en/portraits.xml. Imo this mod will look much more professional if you just updated the dispatch icons. I personally prefer doing in game shots like Hoppah, rather then using real pics like you did for the 2 NYPD cars, but even using real images would be better then seeing all the LA Mod dispatch menu icons.

That and the fact that I can't dispatch half the units to and from their stations or even put a FIRE out makes this submod in its current state unplayable.

And Dyson, you're right, some submods only offer reskins. And as long as those reskins don't hinder gameplay, it's just fine. But you offered things like new stations, ETC. Those don't work, this submob is therefor not complete

Well, I though I might make up a bug list:

-The engine in the NW station has a hard time getting back in the station. It oftentimes stops outside the station and just stays there in the middle of the street.

-The western bridge will sometimes lose it's snowy texture

-All of the unit names and thumbnails are still listed as LA units

-BN Chief cannot call several units from their stations (the ambulance being one of them). They get called off the map

-Rapid deployment does not work on engines

That's what I got out of the first few minutes before I got too frustrated with the game. It looks AWESOME, and I'm sure these are simple fixes, but I think it may have been released too soon. It needs more work and I can't wait to see these things fixed

These are the things I've found. Until a fix is found so that you can at least connect hoses to the engine it's not worth it IMO