Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Can I rename the folder submod from "Los Angeles Mod v2.0" to something else so it doesn't overwrite the original LA Mod 2.0 in the Mods folder and still have both mods in game and working properly?

Ya I did. I kept opening the wrong file so its useful.

I hope you mean you have 2 versions of Los Angeles Mod v2.0 downloaded.

Why nobody answer Firefigter4 ?

Why make a mod if nobody will help to install it ?

Because I'm not a FAQ machine, I'm a guy, with a life, who enjoys making mods, if you guys can't figure out how to use winrar don't blame me! Spent all day in the studio today so had no time to work on this/answer questions jeez man!

Dyson

Guest Firefighter4

Well sorry Dyson but your the one who made the mod so its your job to answer everyones questions and it dosent take that long to answer my question.

Guest Firefighter4

Two people has answered his question. He has asked three questions and every time he asked a little more specific question.

Ya because nobody gets what i meen

Thanks man, here's some news...

As all the districts of NYC are now being covered,

Manhattan (amongst other places) -NY Mod

Brooklyn - NY brooklyn mod

Queens - QRA

etc

I've decided to concentrate on a specific area also, hoping to create a brand new map based on an area from the bronx.

Here's basically my list for the new version

FH1

ladder 46

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/images/bronx/e81/FDNYL046.jpg

engine 81

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/images/bronx/e81/FDNYE081-2.jpg

FH2

Unkown engine (subject to where my map extends to)

Unkown ladder (subject to where my map extends to)

Unkown battalion (subject to where my map extends to)

Local precinct.

It's a pretty radical improvement from the submod, but to increase quality of gameplay aqnd speed of development this still will be a submod and feature a lot of LA scripts etc.

Hope this explains a lot, work will begin this weekend, if anyone knows any good map making tutorials post em that would be great :D

Thanks for the continued support

Dyson

x

Will you be putting in an EMS and a Rescue Station?

Rescue 3 is kinda out there somewhere. I'm from the Bronx haha. Wooooo.... you should make the 47th precinct. I think that's their area. Also, if you want a city atmosphere, try making the co=op city area. They have their own security and ESU. engine66 and ladder61 is in control of that area.

Dyson, a suggestion, if I may:

The map size in EM4/911:Fr seems far too small of an area to actually have three fire stations, assuming it is based on real distances. Perhaps one fire station would suffice, but with the option for the BC or captain to call additional equipment from across the map?

For example: the fire station houses an engine, a ladder, battalion chief, and maybe some sort of EMS vehicle (an ESU unit or ambulance or something). Instead of having another fire station with a rescue, an engine, haz-mat, squad, truck etc, change the "call engine", "Call light force" commands, etc, to "Call 10-75" (4 Engines, 2 Ladders, 2 BC, Rescue, Squad, RIT/FAST Truck), "Call 10-76" (Hi Rise Fire, 5 engines, 5 ladders, 4 battalion chiefs, 1 deputy, 1 rescue, Mask Service Unit, Hi-Rise Unit, Field Comm Unit, a Squad, a Tactical Support unit, a RAC unit, the Special Operations battalion chief, the Safety Operating battalion chief, a safety officer, and a lobby control unit.), "Call 10-77" (Hi Rise Residential Alarm, 5 engines, 5 ladders, 3 battalion chiefs, 1 deputy, 1 rescue, 1 squad, the Special Operations battalion chief, a safety officer, Field Comm unit, and the Safety Operating battalion chief.), "Call 10-41" (Arson), 10-80 (Hazmat), and so forth. You could still include other engines in trucks in the game, and those commands would call certain pieces of apparatus from off the map, but that would reduce firehouses and make it more realistic, IMO.

Also, here is a list of FDNY 10-codes for your reading pleasure: http://www.thebravest.com/fdny/FDNY10Codes.htm