Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Hi,

Maybe you guys see this as a stupid question, but I am not that good with computers. Although I love playing Emergency. I have followed this forum for a while, but I have never had the feeling to respond. I love the LA mod and this Manhattan mod. I have always had fun with V1. I am glad V2 is released but I don't know how to play it... As I understand I don't need mod-installer for it.

The steps I made:

1) Downloading the mod

2) extract the file

3) Installed the mod

And that is where I am now... I don't know what to do. Can somehelp give me the further steps?

P.S. I Don't think saying 'You are sooo stupid' is needed. Just tell it me and let me learn ;)

Antia

Hi,

Maybe you guys see this as a stupid question, but I am not that good with computers. Although I love playing Emergency. I have followed this forum for a while, but I have never had the feeling to respond. I love the LA mod and this Manhattan mod. I have always had fun with V1. I am glad V2 is released but I don't know how to play it... As I understand I don't need mod-installer for it.

The steps I made:

1) Downloading the mod

2) extract the file

3) Installed the mod

And that is where I am now... I don't know what to do. Can somehelp give me the further steps?

P.S. I Don't think saying 'You are sooo stupid' is needed. Just tell it me and let me learn ;)

Antia

Check you have installed to the right directory, some users it may be named /Wizard Works/ rather than Sixteen Tons, have a look in your program files, alternatively install to the desktop and copy the files manually, although this will take some time.

And I'll always give a friendly response, don't worry about seeming noobish :)

NEWS

Yo guys, ok patch 2.0.3 should be finished tonight, this will be a straight 2.0.1 (On this forum) to 2.0.3, if you have 2.0.2 it will also work fine, but is not needed to patch :)

This patch will be with an exe again, but will also include manual installation files for those who prefer it.

This patch is mainly balancing, bug fixing and gameplay related, but also features new lights for R1 and some new traffic accidents etc, so have a play see what you think.

As far as we know this will hopefully be the last patch update to v2 HD, we're pleased with the overall 'playability' etc so no need to carry on work.

Version 3.0.0 has begun work, we're going to be working on the map through till around christmas, in the process we'll also be revisiting v2 and releasing 2.0.3.5 (I know long winded, mainly so it's archived on my pc correctly) which will be better known as the Standard Definition Release. So don't think we've fallen through on our promise to deliver that.

Just to reiterate, Version 3.0.0 will be a M.E.R.U exclusive, as we're hoping to step back out of the spotlight of scrutiny for a while and just have a bit of fun with that version, we hope our fans will understand.

Also MERU is hosting MP games this weekend and next, so to play with me raf and our group of guys, head over there, new members are always welcome, and there's no ties so you can come and go as you please :)

Anyway with added pressure due to personal lives, both of us not at home currently, progress will be slow, but we'll keep you guys updated with pics and videos, but it'll be a private only release :)

That's all for now folks!

x

Okay, Well I switched from PC to laptop. I only have EM 4 on PC but I can try it. If you go to 8:29 in the vid you gave, You see the files he has. I have exacly the same files. But when installed, is it supposed to be in the list of mods at EM4? Or a shortcut on my destkop? Or die I still have to do something?

*Note: I have read the Readme_SERIOUS. I actualy haven't done what stands there. I actualy don't trust myself to copy files etc. :s I am not so good with computers like I told you

Antia

(Dyson thanks for your nice respons ;))

If you guys want V3 go ahead and join up with MERU on teamspeak, ask a high ranking member to give you your tags such as LT or Captain and Chiefs. But please guys... don't join just because you want V3. Join because you want to play with us on multiplayer.

If you guys want V3 go ahead and join up with MERU on teamspeak, ask a high ranking member to give you your tags such as LT or Captain and Chiefs. But please guys... don't join just because you want V3. Join because you want to play with us on multiplayer.

I'd like too but everytime I have tried my EM4 says can not establish an internet connection, I have followed the read me and tutorials on here and made sure the correct ports are open etc but everytime can not find any servers so how would I get to find your games to join you can find you on team speak 3 easy enough I reckon!

I'd like too but everytime I have tried my EM4 says can not establish an internet connection, I have followed the read me and tutorials on here and made sure the correct ports are open etc but everytime can not find any servers so how would I get to find your games to join you can find you on team speak 3 easy enough I reckon!

This is because the game servers were down, they're back up now so it should work fine considering you've done everything correctly.

Personally, I think it's a big bad idea to make a mod clan exclusive. "Here's a half finished version, if you want the full thing you have to join our clan" If people join, most of them will join only to get the mod, and then stop partaking in it as soon as they have it, since you have no way to take it back. Not the best idea so far as I'm concerned, but that's just my opinion

Personally, I think it's a big bad idea to make a mod clan exclusive. "Here's a half finished version, if you want the full thing you have to join our clan" If people join, most of them will join only to get the mod, and then stop partaking in it as soon as they have it, since you have no way to take it back. Not the best idea so far as I'm concerned, but that's just my opinion

I agree but hopefully it will end all the hateu know what i mean lol i hope

With the greatest respect v2 isnt an incomplete v3, v2 and v3 are just different versions, different areas, different stuff etc. Our (well mainly my) decision to make it a 'clan' (I hate that term) exclusive isn't to spite anyone, it's to move this mod back out of the spotlight. The mod skyrocketed in popularity, as most do, and frankly it's made modding a chore rather than a hobby. I prefer to go back to the roots of modding, to why I started. I can actually speak to the people that want to play our product, I can avoid people coming just to give grief, if they really want to play, they come to us. It eliminates the public forum aspect, which I do like, but putting a piece of art on the internet (metaphor not calling the mod art) is open to childish behaviour and unreasonable grief, why I have no idea, but that's how it is. Whereas hang it in a private gallery, where people can just come to take a picture and be on their way, or can stick around and enjoy with the creators and others who also enjoy the product, and even chat to myself and Rafael. Now I don't know about other modders, but that style of modding I far prefer, there's no ties, no contract saying you'll need to constantly come back. I don't personally see the issue, but meh, if you want what I'll be making I guess you'll have to get it in the medium I display it, that's the be all and end all. Hope noone finds this in anyway offensive, or as an attack on fans, but that's how things are gonna be. Given you guys a good portion of my teenage years so if I packed in tomorrow or went private I'd hope there'd be no hard feelings.

Anyway that's my FULL EXPLANATION, again, so please read before just questioning my decision again, but yeah that's me out. Patch coming this weekend, v3 sometime in the future.

Peace

Dyson

x

Has anyone else seen the Facebook page started up (manhathan mod is just a money scam) its bloody shocking who set it up their just trying to annoy you guys

It's just a perfect example as to why we're going private, enough said :)

x