Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

hey dyson and raf my computer and my internet is out of commission for about a week somebody from the internet company messed up the line and now they have to wait for parts and my computer is out also for a repair be back in a week

There are 5 Rescue companies in FDNY. Rescue 1=Manhattan. Rescue 2=Brooklyn. Rescue 3=Bronx. Rescue 4=Queens. Rescue 5=Staten Island. Some of these companies had their apparatus completely destroyed on 9/11. Shortly afterwards, all five rescue companies recieved brand new E-One rescues. In 2007 Rescue 1 recieved a brand new Pierce rescue truck, which they currently run. Currently, the department has taken delivery of 5 new rescues which were built by Ferrara. I believe most are currently in service. I believe that Rescue 1 has opted to keep their Pierce, but I don't know. To sum it up. From September 10, 2001, to present; Rescue 1 in Manhattan has had 4 different trucks.

Here is a link to a great forum with a ton of information about the new rigs. http://nycfire.net/f...pic,6058.0.html

Also, page 18 has a video of Rescue 5 responding with their new rig.......

Rescue 1 in fact did not keep their Pierce. At the PA Fire Expo in May of 2011 I was able to find the new Rescue 1 Ferrara and was able to crawl around on it and take some photos of it. It was prettty sweet.

I agree, pierce engines are the best!

they still use the pierce becuase they are having problems with the Ferrara that replaced it. im actually supprised the pierce has held up as well as it has. they usually dont hold up to the abuse and break down frequently. from what i can see only the XT modles have held up. all the others iv used are junk. one almost killed me when it failed to pump at a fire. they have issues with going into pump gear, also there computers like to shut the trucks down.

they still use the pierce becuase they are having problems with the Ferrara that replaced it. im actually supprised the pierce has held up as well as it has. they usually dont hold up to the abuse and break down frequently. from what i can see only the XT modles have held up. all the others iv used are junk. one almost killed me when it failed to pump at a fire. they have issues with going into pump gear, also there computers like to shut the trucks down.

That's because the Rig was custom built to very specification of the pre-9/11 Rescue 1 captain. So it's supposedly as good as it can ever be :)