Stan

This is your chance!

Ever wanted to tell us what you think?

Ever wanted to share your ideas?

Ever wanted to share your feelings about the site?

This is YOUR chance!

How?

- Post your message to us here, send me a PM or just send me an E-mail

What will this bring?

- Members are part of this site, without you, the member this site would have no live so each idea can contribute to a better Emergency-Planet

Each idea is welcome! There are no stupid ideas!

Well, one of the things that bugs me is that I come here almost every day at least once but a lot of the time there's nothing that really interests me because no one seems to post. So maybe some ads would bring in more members; this is by far the best Emergency forum but also the smallest. And there are so many members that join and don't post or aren't even active; maybe there should be an auto-deletion of accounts if there's no account activity for say six months? Would it help with storage or something like that if there wasn't so much info on members who have probably long forgotten of the site and could always join back in the future.

To begin with, delleting members that where not active during 6 months, that registered 10 months ago and have less then 2 posts is something we have done since the begin of this site.

We have always done this manually, which takes like 30seconds.

As a proof: We have 9759 registered members while the latest member has ID number 15879

But this is only a megabyte or so and seeing the fact we have a disc of 750GB (We currently use 80GB including the OS) I don't see the need of cleaning up the members too often:)

Ads is fine but costs a lot of money, the problem is that we do not have this money. The site has already a high yearly operating cost which can be easily calculated by adding following: Monthly server rent x 12, yearly domain rent, yearly support fees for the forum software, the download center, the ads mod, the tutorials section.

I don't care about advertising that way but would this really bring active users?

The site is very cool and works good for me

Only little things that really don't care:

-I don't like the advert bot of Google

-I have this little problem that doesn't matter because it doesn't disturb me, anyway, will be better if you fix it ( or me):

untitled-1t7ro.jpg

That tab under the profile name is always open

-And it will be better if there are more downlaods (because in the polish site there are other mods and in the german site , too)

Anyways the site is cool , good work on this site :)

-I don't like the advert bot of Google

If you guys don't want to understand that I have bills for 500,00€ a year for hosting costs, licensing fees and support fees that is one thing. But asking me to remove our only income is another...

Remember, we are not paid for what we do.

While being, it's not a Google bot, it's a piece of software I installed using Google Adsense codes and I just called it Google Adsense - Advert Bot so just in case, it is our Advert bot with their code :)

-And it will be better if there are more downlaods (because in the polish site there are other mods and in the german site , too)

I think user activity is more important then downloads, but then again, people can upload files up to 200MB themselves to the database. And then I had issues with modders that didn't want their files on other sites in the past :)

The google bot, as annoying as it may be, is something you grow to live with (and click daily), and it is essential unless you wanna donate monthly ;)

One thing I would change is the TOS should be kept, but a simple short rule book should be available too, with the basics, sig allowance, treatment of others... All that BS, so people can reference it quick, but we still have the full TOS to fall back on

Guest Fire fighter red dwarf

Hey guys im new and just been looking round the fourms, this is my opinion!?!?! well i found the fourms to be a bit messy well they look messy and maybe it could do with a make over,and some re organising and catagorising that kind of thing etc, but so far seems a great fourm and a good bunch of members too ! :D

Regards pete

Lol they're already in the process of that a little bit, and have done it a couple times already. It's not really that hard to find your way around at all; it's far easier than a lot of forums I've seen.

Hey guys im new and just been looking round the fourms, this is my opinion!?!?! well i found the fourms to be a bit messy well they look messy and maybe it could do with a make over,and some re organising and catagorising that kind of thing etc, but so far seems a great fourm and a good bunch of members too ! :D

Regards pete

Would be nice to get an example, as Admin I know where all is, my problem is I cannot see how members visit the site :)

Do you have javascript enabled on your browser? When you click the white arrow, does it close?

No, when i click on the arrow is like clicking in my profile name

Ps: Stan thanks fro your answer :)

The google bot, as annoying as it may be, is something you grow to live with (and click daily), and it is essential unless you wanna donate monthly ;)

One thing I would change is the TOS should be kept, but a simple short rule book should be available too, with the basics, sig allowance, treatment of others... All that BS, so people can reference it quick, but we still have the full TOS to fall back on

I agree.There is so much useless junk in there. This is a forum, not some huge corporation, and i memory serves me rights there is mention of bombs in some way or another. Seriously, wtf, was there problems with terrorists making bomb threats on the site at one point? Short and sweet is sufficient, and imo, increases the chances of being read.

Speaking of the TOS, the link doesnt work. Sends me over to the 911 domain and says we're back on the old domain, and redirects to the forums index.

Speaking of the TOS, the link doesnt work. Sends me over to the 911 domain and says we're back on the old domain, and redirects to the forums index.

Known, and won't be changed till the new TOS arrives.

The TOS is at top of each forum so this ain't a point of syaing I didn't know for new members :)

i dont think you can say ''that is no excuse''. you know site like microsoft coporation and stuff got a hole army of webdesigner which very much designer are busy with ''user-friendlineless'' (gebruikvriendelijkheid).

simple because almost 95% of internet user are too ''idiot'' to simple use there eyes and everything need to be done with one mouse click in there eye. the simple don't get with the time and know how website's works.

so yes you can argument is there fault but most time the just that there are to stupid to know the internet...

Guest Francis

i dont think you can say ''that is no excuse''. you know site like microsoft coporation and stuff got a hole army of webdesigner which very much designer are busy with ''user-friendlineless'' (gebruikvriendelijkheid).

simple because almost 95% of internet user are too ''idiot'' to simple use there eyes and everything need to be done with one mouse click in there eye. the simple don't get with the time and know how website's works.

so yes you can argument is there fault but most time the just that there are to stupid to know the internet...

When you sign a contract, you must follow it. If not, you can get sued by the contractor for disrespecting an official contract, which can either force you to do it, or if you find a hole in the contract, you might be able to get yourself out of it. The TOS here is the same, when you register, you need to tick a checkbox called "I AGREE", which engages you to follow the rules in any circumstances, meaning we have the right to warn, ban or do whatever we feel the need when somebody doesn't respect this "contract".

When you sign a contract, you must follow it. If not, you can get sued by the contractor for disrespecting an official contract, which can either force you to do it, or if you find a hole in the contract, you might be able to get yourself out of it. The TOS here is the same, when you register, you need to tick a checkbox called "I AGREE", which engages you to follow the rules in any circumstances, meaning we have the right to warn, ban or do whatever we feel the need when somebody doesn't respect this "contract".

i know that but must people just tick it to get access to the forum and don't read it (like me but i know all rules are mostly standard)

BTW, most people just tick it and some of them read it later and the other people go on the story above (from me)

And? What do I care if they read it or not?

On registration you tick a box that you have read it and that is the same as a signature, finally it is your own problem if you did or not.

Fact is I can use those rules to keep the site clean from trash. Shall I give you an example?

Search google for Tiroler Zumba and see what the company behind Zumba did to them. Did they read an agreement, no they didn't but still the rules apply.

And now I suggest everyone goes back to my initial topic and gets his ideas here, stupid bullshit discussion are not welcome here.

How about adding a drop down menu next to the search to allow a slightly more advanced search? The drop down will limit the search to certain areas of the forum, but not as much as the current advanced search.

The new drop down box would allow the user to search the primary areas of the site - Site Related, Modifications, Emergency 2012, etc etc. But you can't define the search to specific areas within those areas (News & Announcement forum, FAQ, Site & Forum Support etc etc). If the user wants to define the search more, then they can just use the Advanced search.

This could help users with slow internet for a more accurate search without having to load up the Advanced search.

- Click on the right corner, at the lower side of the ad (The Ads by Google part)

- Click help articles

- Click payment

- Click payment options

Even though I don't know what this has to do with this topic, why that difficult action about PayPal ?

In Netherlands you can immediately pay with PayPal and PayPal will debit your account later. Even though, no I am not using checks due to the high exchange costs

--

I will rise the amount of max downloads, per member or guest per day since our provider rose our traffic limits

Modalities for high traffic usage further improved!

Dedicated Root Server, Managed Server and Colocation clients whose websites

generate a lot of traffic will be excited to learn that the limit

for free traffic usage with 100 MBit/s is now 5 TB in place of 2 TB.

In addition, the traffic cost per additional TB has been reduced from

14,90 Euro to just 6,90 Euro (incl. 19% VAT)!

This offer applies optionally when exceeding 5 TB per month and

the permanent use of 100 Mbit/s, both for new clients as well as

existing clients.