FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

I'm curious about if there's a connector piece that you connect to a hose to make it longer, like a gated Y, but only with 1 connection. :gruebel:

It's called a coupling, and I am almost doubtlessely sure that they will include couplings because it goes alongside ladders, halmatro, and turnout gear as the core of firefighting equipment.

i dont think city cops use revolvers anymore...

The NYPD stopped issuing revolvers around the mid 90s and switched to your standard pistols. Any officer who originally was certified on the revolver though can re certify on the revolver to use as their service weapon if they want though. In terms of service weapons the NYPD uses a combination of the Glock 19, SIG P226 DAO, and the Smith & Weston model 5946.

The NYPD stopped issuing revolvers around the mid 90s and switched to your standard pistols. Any officer who originally was certified on the revolver though can re certify on the revolver to use as their service weapon if they want though. In terms of service weapons the NYPD uses a combination of the Glock 19, SIG P226 DAO, and the Smith & Weston model 5946.

Always remain some outdated ;)

i dont think city cops use revolvers anymore...

older officers who were on the job before 1993 can still carry .38s

The NYPD does not have revolvers in 1975

your wrong. i dont know where your getting your information from but in 1975 most to all police departments in the united states used revolvers. infact the NYPD used the S&W Model 10 from 1896 to 1987 then they switched to the model 64 and used that until 1993

I just did an extensive cleanup of the last replies to this topic, and handed a bag full of warnings. A revigorating experience indeed.

Just a few friendly reminders:

• Asking for release dates in any way, no matter how subtle it is, will get you an instant warning.
  • We don't much care for pathetic whining. If you don't like something, here's a simple method that has always worked for me:
    1. Shut the funk up.
    2. Get the funk out.

[*]Don't feed trolls. That's just as bad as trolling yourself. If you find the content of a post to be against board rules (or otherwise offensive/pointless/idiotic), use the Report Post button and let us moderators do our jobs.

I wouldn't like it if we had to sit there and learn the codes tbh.

I just want to play a decent mod, not be able to apply for a real dispatch job after a few hours play :P

They have already said that there is a training mod you have to pass before playing the mod.

One would assume that the training section of this mod isnt going to include loads of codes where we have one chance to view a list of them before being dumped into the middle of NY with a slap on the bum and a 'good luuuuuuck!'

2 years for making a mod, you gotta be shitting me.

Edit by Stan:

Congrats, you have just been awarded the title fool of the year! I would really love to see a mod like this from you buddy...

Edited by Stan
Due to report

2 years for making a mod, you gotta be s******g me.

If you cared to look into the details that have been supplied by the creators you would understand why.

If you think its easy, feel free to create one quicker yourself. (Also mind the language)

-----

This is really a question for the creators so not too hopeful of a reply here but;

Going back to the image of the NY Mod Start Center and, focusing on the Weather, I remember the original picture had sliding options for Rain, Snow, Wind and featured an option for pre-determined weather sets.

I'm assuming that if we place all 3 sliders at their maximum it isn't going to constantly rain, snow and blow a hurricane, so do the sliders increase the probability of a certain type of weather, or has this been scrapped altogether now?

-----

Also, underneath the "General Game Setup" was the option of EMS, FDNY, NYPD or "Misc".

By Misc, is it the same as just the normal Emergency Freeplay mode where we get random missions from all 3?

Is it any different to just highlighting all 3?

Or as before has this also been scrapped for a newer startup menu?

Hope to hear...anything really.

Also, underneath the "General Game Setup" was the option of EMS, FDNY, NYPD or "Misc".

By Misc, is it the same as just the normal Emergency Freeplay mode where we get random missions from all 3?

Is it any different to just highlighting all 3?

I believe they mean your tech emergencies, i.e. broken railroad crossings, broken traffic lights, ETC.

station27 have some respect to the moderators their doing there jobs so dont give him the "back to topic" emotion

It wasnt towards him I was just saying back on to the NY MOD ... and then I posted my question.

For the people asking about the startup menu:

Page 122 Post #2435

Edited by Station27

I believe they mean your tech emergencies, i.e. broken railroad crossings, broken traffic lights, ETC.

I was originally thinking that but then I thought, surely it'd be easier to have just titled it "Tech" instead of "Misc"?

Also, unlike the other 'options' it didn't have a list of what that included (for example NYPD was followed by domestic violence etc, FDNY was followed by MVA), I would have thought if it was Tech it would be titled that, and be followed by a few of the things you mentioned.

Who knows, I imagine we will have to wait for release for the answer