FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Guest Francis

Ah. I have a little idea. It might take away a bit from the realism, but maybe all mentionings of "343" should be removed? That way it seems less odd ;)

Better yet. Using children and a script that assigns a new child, which isn't used (a model on the vehicle basically), when the ambulance spawns is what I have accomplished on my side.

Better yet. Using children and a script that assigns a new child, which isn't used (a model on the vehicle basically), when the ambulance spawns is what I have accomplished on my side.

You mean using a children as "dynamic unit number"?

The incident is described in the dispatch 'area' in the top left:

sig 10-33 code 2 odor of gas in street

E009 E010 L006 L010

*Respond to Manhattan*

Box 0116 - Church x Chambers sts

Respond - Church x Chambers sts

C=2

CIDS respond via Church st to chambers

incident #51

FDID:01254-8087-02-1-0103

12/21/09 102304

Kinda of intteresting thing here off topic..the FDID number has 8087, the box for one world trade center

Ah, very nice idea Francis! I don't know if you meant this (did you?) but you could have one child for each number 0-9. Then you randomise a number, add it to a global array (so that you don't get clone units), and parent the children to the ambulance accordingly :) That would be great and wouldn't add too much extra size to the mod (you only need ten one-polygon model files and you can use a single 256x256 texture (or smaller) for all the numbers). It also would mean you don't have to make new prototypes/models for each unit. Hope it makes it into the mod :P

Ah, very nice idea Francis! I don't know if you meant this (did you?) but you could have one child for each number 0-9. Then you randomise a number, add it to a global array (so that you don't get clone units), and parent the children to the ambulance accordingly :) That would be great and wouldn't add too much extra size to the mod (you only need ten one-polygon model files and you can use a single 256x256 texture (or smaller) for all the numbers). It also would mean you don't have to make new prototypes/models for each unit. Hope it makes it into the mod :P

Hope it does make it into the mod! It is a very good idea

Guest emergency captain

Looks like a HAZMAT incident. Some strange gas coming out of the sewer. Is that correct? :gruebel:

Looks like. Awesome pic.

there is 2 new york mods running currently am i correct?

Three.

Guest Francis

No because it isn't possible to move children on a car once they are placed in the editor. Scripts cannot change the place where the numbers will appear on the car, sadly. I meant having some random numbers for one child, and randomizing them through a few.

Actually there are 4 NY mods running, just one hasn't been announced ;)

Yeah I heard about it.

Ah. I have a little idea. It might take away a bit from the realism, but maybe all mentionings of "343" should be removed? That way it seems less odd ;)

I'm pretty sure they made it 343 on purpose as a tribute to the firemen/emergency personnel who died.

I'm pretty sure they made it 343 on purpose as a tribute to the firemen/emergency personnel who died.

I Totally Agree And Its A Good Idea.

I Think This Should Get Released On September 11th And Have A Little Memorial Script. I Think That Would Be Good And Just Make Us Remember To The FireFighters Who Died That Very Day.

NY Mod Is The Best.

Scotland Mod Wishes The Best To Your Team. :)