FFW TUT

New York Modification {In Progress}

Guest PalaFDExplorer

Pretty sure it's a peperspray, not a tazer. (however if you saw a reply you may be right)

A while back there was talk of a tazer, and pepper spray is in the producer's notes. They both have the same function, so tazers aren't a necessity. even though in rl, there's a pretty big difference XD

A while back there was talk of a tazer, and pepper spray is in the producer's notes. They both have the same function, so tazers aren't a necessity. even though in rl, there's a pretty big difference XD

I guess you're right in that way then, I just don't seem to remember it.

Anyway I don't really see Silverhawk active on this forum, is it because he is closer to the german fan forum?

P.S. yeah it would be dumb if you used a tazer towards the suspects eyes (ouch), and other way 'round if you used a peperspray against the suspects back. lol

Guest emergency captain

To clear things up, they have pepper spray in the mod. I've heard chatter about a tazer, but am not sure they can make the scripts for it.

The thing is, if they already have pepper spray that can immobilize a suspect, whats the point of having a tazer which will do the EXACT same thing?

the tazor could be used from a distance to prevent your units from getting hit, where as pepper spray, you have to go right up to the suspect, endangering one of your units.

Guest ToaDster

I was just playing the LA mod and I noticed two things that bugged me. The first was that you are almost done with one responce and then another shows up. In the ny mod will you give the players a little more time to regroup? The second thing that bugs me is that traffic does not pull over for oncoming emergency vehicles. Will the ny mod be a bit more realistic in this way?

I was just playing the LA mod and I noticed two things that bugged me. The first was that you are almost done with one responce and then another shows up. In the ny mod will you give the players a little more time to regroup? The second thing that bugs me is that traffic does not pull over for oncoming emergency vehicles. Will the ny mod be a bit more realistic in this way?

1) It does that just to make it seem a lot harder. Which is good. You can't do anything about that I believe.

2) Vehicles can't pull over as they are set on a path. Making them pull over would make them pull over would set them off their path they have to follow. However, it is possible. The only major problem would be that they would pull over into objects. I.E. Parked Cars, fire hydrants, lights, post boxes. etc. Then we have to shoot them, extinguish them, then carry them away. That would be annoying.

Guest Francis

2) Vehicles can't pull over as they are set on a path. Making them pull over would make them pull over would set them off their path they have to follow. However, it is possible. The only major problem would be that they would pull over into objects. I.E. Parked Cars, fire hydrants, lights, post boxes. etc. Then we have to shoot them, extinguish them, then carry them away. That would be annoying.

There's always a way around. *hint hint*

Guest Francis

hi ... I have a question, when are you going to finish making the NYMod?

because it seems so long ago that they're doing

greetings and thanks

Do not ask for release dates otherwise I will have to warn you.

Now what do you mean by this kind sir?

Tim is magical with scrips, you have no idea what he can do if you think it's impossible to make cars pull over ;)

Well it's confirmed it's gonna be in at least 1 mod, not sure about NY mod though *cough cough* (realistical issues in that one because IRL the vehicles in NY doesn't pull over, they usually speed up and try to get the **** out of the way as there is too much traffic to pull over)