Forensics

End of the world in 2012?

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will the world end in the year 2012?

• Yes
    • No

I think it's a load if ****, but what do you think?

Some stuff about it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=629455

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

It seems to me like a lot of coincidences.

The calendar ending, the sun energy, bible, physics, volcano, poles shifting, etc.

Meh maybe there will be a few earthquakes or something, but that's it.

I can't wait 'til 2012 to see what happens! :popcorn:

So basically the Mayans got bored of making a calender and decided to do something interesting, and now people are freaking out. If it's that important, then just get someone to continue the calender. Problem solved.

Bring on 2013 I say :happy:

No, it will not end in 2012.

whoever was in charge of making the calenders probably got bored

"December 20, December 21, December 22, December..... You know what? I have been making these stupid calenders up to over 2,012 ******** years. Humans won't even exist then. I need to do something with my life. I'm gonna go find a girlfriend, then find an everyday 9-5 job. Ha, goodbye stupid calenders, Hello cramped cubicle!"

(That is, if they had 9-5 desk jobs and cubicles back then)

Bob, it is not going to end. Here is basically why.

[info]Explanation[/info]

The mayans made calendars all of their existence.

They got up to the winter solstice of 2012 aka Winter. it is when the earth aligns far away from the earth, blah blah blah.

NOW:

The mayans got up to 13.0.0.0 on the calender.

NOW: DECEMBER 21, 2012 BEGINS 13.0.0.1 the NEXT CALENDER, Which they NEVER MADE!!!!!

SO: IN SHORT CONCLUSION:::: THE MAYANS NEVER MADE A 2013 CALENDER. Therefore creeping people out just because they where like the most successful tribe or some **** like that.

And do you know how many proficies there are? When i read that article, i thought to myself, Come on! who is gunna belive this ****.

Now.... You may ask, But the mayans werent the only onezzz to predict teh proficys newbz!

Yes. But they based their info OFF OF THE MAYANS WHICH STOPPED MAKING CALENDERS! PRIMARILY BECAUSE THEIR RACE AND CITIES ALL PERISHED WITH THEM!!!! SO THERE WAS NO ONE TO MAKE FRIGGING CALENDERS!

So yea, the world isnt going to end.

I was just in Mexico. The REAL legend is that it is sussposed to be a time of peace and growth, not sussposed to die lol

Why worry about 2012 when you can die any time? We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. Science says it won't happen. I'll listen to the higher ups, not some people that created a calender that was restarted at page 2012.

"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." Robert Louis

You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be. Rest Assured, 2012 will not happen.

i thought they where afraid that the world would end in 2000.

Nothing happed then,

so i don't think anything will happen in 2012, but jet another super new years eve party :bia::smoke::drink::cheers::popcorn::holdglass::cheers-mate:

A few hundred years ago in Mesoamerica...

-You wanted to see me, sir?

-Yes, please sit down, Kukulcan.

-Is there something wrong?

-Well, you do know how in the recent years we have made several layoffs in our calendar department, right?

-Huh, yes...

-...to the point where for the past year you've been the only remaining employee assigned to this department.

-Uh-huh...

-Yes... Well, we've been considering many options in the past few months to increase profitability, and we've had to make some decisions that may seem, hum, pretty harsh but were necessary in this context... Hum, there's no easy way to say this, but we have decided to eliminate the calendar department altogether, and therefore we're going to have to let you go.

-You've got to be kidding me!? You mean I'm fired!?

-I'm sorry, Kukulcan.

-Sorry!? You better be! And how do you expect people to know the current date after 2012, huh?

-Look, let's not get over the line here. The company simply has more pressing priorities right now, and writing down every single date for a few hundred years ahead simply ain't one of them anymore. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. Now, all we're asking you is to finish up to year 2015, then you will be offered a very generous severance package, and...

-Severance package? Screw you man! Screw you! I've been making calendars all my ******* life, that's all I've ever been trained to do, what do you expect me to do afterwards? Grow ***** corn for a handful of coins every once in a while? Screw you, screw your severance package, hell, screw your stupid calendar! You can finish it yourself!! Oh, wait!! Kukulcan is the only one here with the knowledge to FINISH THE ****** CALENDAR IN THE FIRST PLACE! TAKE THAT, ******! HERE'S WHAT THE MAYANS WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR, HUNDREDS OF YEARS FROM NOW: THE ****KICKERS WHOSE CALENDAR ENDS FOR NO REASON ON DECEMBER 21ST 2012! THAT'S RIGHT! YOU'LL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS A BUNCH OF ****KICKERS!

-Kukulcan, that is uncalled for! Please leave now or I'm calling security! Oh and say goodbye to your severance package! You should consider yourself lucky I don't have you sacrificed to the Sun God for such ingratitude!

-Ooooh, big man huh? Hiding behind big empty threats, huh? To hell with you! I'm gone!

Kukulcan stormed out and slammed the door, and that's how the Mayan Calendar went to end on such a peculiar date.

Guest 12345678
I think it's a load if ****, but what do you think?

Some stuff about it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=629455

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

It seems to me like a lot of coincidences.

The calendar ending, the sun energy, bible, physics, volcano, poles shifting, etc.

Meh maybe there will be a few earthquakes or something, but that's it.

I can't wait 'til 2012 to see what happens! :popcorn:

Just a big Load of Hoax. Nothing extraordinary will happen probably.

I agree with what everyone said about the calendar. They probably couldn't be arsed to finish it. :P

The only thing(s) that make me think are these:

Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012
Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.
Yellowstone National Park in the United States is famous for its thermal springs and Old Faithful geyser. The reason for this is simple - it's sitting on top of the world's biggest volcano, and geological experts are beginning to get nervous sweats. The Yellowstone volcano has a pattern of erupting every 650,000 years or so, and we're many years overdue for an explosion that will fill the atmosphere with ash, blocking the sun and plunging the Earth into a frozen winter that could last up to 15,000 years. The pressure under the Yellowstone is building steadily, and geologists have set 2012 as a likely date for the big bang.
This one's case of bog-simple maths mathematics. Physicists at Berekely Uni have been crunching the numbers. and they've determined that the Earth is well overdue for a major catastrophic event. Even worse, they're claiming their calculations prove, that we're all going to die, very soon - while also saying their prediction comes with a certainty of 99 percent- and 2012 just happens to be the best guess as to when it occurs.
We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.

Even from them I still don't think the world will end, but I find it interesting that everything seems to be happening in 2012.

I think the world will end in 2012 just to stop London getting the Olympics :grinsevil:

'LONDON 2013 - BETTER LATE THAN NEVER'

Seriously peeps, get a life, if you don't die in 2012 are you going to be so disappointed that you'll go and jump in front of a bus...?

The OC-D

LOL

2047-SEP-14:

According to The Church of !BLAIR!, the human race will probably be terminated at 3:28 AM (Soho, England time) 2047, SEP. 14!. The church teaches, with tongue firmly in cheek, that if the human race does not discard their plastic conformity, then the Gods will withdraw their protection. The Gods don't want us to worship them; they don't want sacrifices or even offerings. They just want us to rid itself of our excessive "Normalcy". At that point, Astro-Lemurs (extra-terrestrials similar in shape to lemurs, but with rainbow colored bodies) will attack the entire human race and beat them to death with gigantic burritos. You have been warned. ;-)

That is what REALLY happens :P

There's one thing that makes me impartial to the end of the world being in 2012 (even though I voted yes, which was just to piss people off :P )

Justin Bieber goes with us!!!!

And, the way I see it is;

"I've survived Y2K, 9/11 (no disrespect meant), Bird Flu, Swine Flu, etc, so, 2012, here I come, and I'm PISSED!!!! lol

LOL I still don't get why people thought that was really gonna happen. Fail. It's all frakking superstition. That's also why there is no number 13 displayed on the LCD screen in elevators. That's just stupid.

Bird flu? I think that kinda died lol. Same with swine flu; I had H1N1, but honestly, I've had colds that are worse. :dry:

I survived 9/11 too lol! I was in school when it happened and saw the smoke from our balcony later.