Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Work has fully resumed, my exams aren't till next month, so tonight I'll pull an all nighter to give you guys somet to look at, but I'm pretty optimistic about whats happening to this submod, all I'll say is new map, bigger, more accurate and we're off to manhattan. Details and screens to follow.... ;)

Here goes.. (these are very early stage pictures)

What does everyone think (I realise the lane is on the wrong side but I am english so was just out of habit I'll fix it soon haha)

Think you can help with the new map? I'm looking for people experienced in creating paths, virtual objects etc to assist me :).

I smell a huuuuuge brush fire in Central Park!!!!! Nice job man!!!!

Haha yeah, the plan is to cover all the best parts of NY in one map, just like an overall, focused on manhattan. Going to try to develop neighbourhoods of different classes and everything too. Also features the site of ground zero, which could be used as the full WTC in the WTC mod.

Anyway it all looks very hopefull :) gonna be a massive task though.

hhaah that was my first thought after seeing pics. Dunno how to express that but you can see/feel spirit of the city out here. Great job Dyson, god speed man.

Well I'm currently working on ground zero and st paul's. Here's a rough plan of what's gonna go down..

EDIT: midtown is replaced with downtown haha

Any hints? Can´t wait :D

Well it's going to be a tall order, no have finished work will be released, but...

New Map.

Teaming up with the WTC mod (draw from that what you will)

Some new models.

Working towards new commands.

And the usual stuff that I always give you guys.

But the main thing is going to be a more realistic New York atmosphere :)

Hmm search it in google, loads of people have uploaded it ;)

Right guys brainstorming time, need to think of things to include in the map, it will be a condensed version of manhattan so going to include the best bits really.

I need your help to plan out what should go where so far we have,,,

Ground zero - pretty much done (not really too hard)

St Paul's - done

Times square (due to the diagonal roads and em4s very square buildings I may leave it out hah)

Anything else? Neighbourhoods? Areas of interest? Post pics for me guys!

Cheers

Dyson

x

Well, here some of my ideas, Greenwich Village by the left, Soho; maybe in medium right a small part (part of the street or few squares, or some buildings of Little Italy and Chinatown; although the East River doesn´t appear in map I recommend you adding some of the tall residential buildings surrounded by threes that are in that part, the midtown, I suggest doing the Hospital in the right of the map, the Central Park area that you have done, Downtown and its residential zones, maybe the UN Building zone or maybe Battery Park... It´s your decision ;)

Well, here some of my ideas, Greenwich Village by the left, Soho; maybe in medium right a small part (part of the street or few squares, or some buildings of Little Italy and Chinatown; although the East River doesn´t appear in map I recommend you adding some of the tall residential buildings surrounded by threes that are in that part, the midtown, I suggest doing the Hospital in the right of the map, the Central Park area that you have done, Downtown and its residential zones, maybe the UN Building zone or maybe Battery Park... It´s your decision ;)

Yeah china town is a sweet idea! I'll get onto some of them, reckon you could find some photos? :D of everything you've mentioned haha