njboy13

Favorite Quotes

Post your favorite quotes, and unless they are self-explanatory, say what they mean.

"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" -Alan Jackson

I like it because, it really is Five O'Clock somewhere in the world every hour, and 5 is a time for fun, you can start drinking and everything (Even though I don't drink)

My favourite quote comes form a little less known man, Preston Centuolo, who is by far the best speaker I've ever heard... One thing he said that made me laugh a lot, was:

"I look like shrek, so when I cry, like most girls, it's pretty ugly, tears streamin, gasps, snot runnin everywhere, and for me, the shrek is added in. Now girls, they got it good, they cry and they get a little sob on the go, and they cry pretty"

Pretty self explanitory, he was talking about his past, and he said something about crying, it was pretty interesting. If you ever meet him, get him to speak, he's amazing

"What we wish, we readily believe, and what we ourselves think, we imagine others think also."

Julius Caesar

and

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Marcus Aurelius

dirty-harry-clint-eastwood1.jpg

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

I'm not sure who said it first, but, in watching the extra features of Ladder 49, Joaquin Phoenix said:

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important."

I've lived by that philosiphy every day since I heard that. Another favourite of mine:

"No, boys. There's two "O"s in Goose." - Goose (Top Gun)

Blackadder: Baldrick, I have a very, very, very cunning plan.

Baldrick: Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at

Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at

the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?

Blackadder: Yes it is.

Baldrick: Hmm... that's cunning.

(Blackadder. :P)

"THE MARINE

We all came together,

Both young and old

To fight for our freedom,

To stand and be bold.

In the midst of all evil,

We stand our ground,

And we protect our country

From all terror around.

Peace and not war,

Is what some people say.

But I'll give my life,

So you can live the American way.

I give you the right

To talk of your peace.

To stand in your groups,

and protest in our streets.

But still I fight on,

I don't bitch, I don't whine.

I'm just one of the people

Who is doing your time.

I'm harder than nails,

Stronger than any machine.

I'm the immortal soldier,

I'm a U.S. MARINE!

So stand in my shoes,

And leave from your home.

Fight for the people who hate you,

With the protests they've shown.

Fight for the stranger,

Fight for the young.

So they all may have,

The greatest freedom you've won

Fight for the sick,

Fight for the poor

Fight for the cripple,

Who lives next door.

But when your time comes,

Do what I've done.

For if you stand up for freedom,

You'll stand when the fight's done

By: Corporal Aaron M. Gilbert , US Marine Corps

USS SAIPAN, PERSIAN GULF"

Dammit I need to play my games again. I would get SOOO many quotes. Especially Mercs 2 and Renegade. I know what one I need from Mercs 2 expecially :P

Police: Scotland Yard 'ere, state your emergency!

Crypto: Yeah, we need reinforcements!

Response over COM: I have a wife, and children... and a girlfriend, and more children. Ah, where the 'ell's our damn backup!?

Police: Scotland Yard here, state your emergency!

Crypto: Is your fridge running?

Police: So YOUR the bastard 'oo shut off our electricity!

Ahh I need to play DAH2 again... :1046276372_bawling:

EDIT:

Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

From The Dark Knight

I just found this on YouTube of all places, and even though it's from a random, most likely not well-known YouTuber, this user posted this excellent comment on a San Diego Police Video:

Where would this country be (or any country for that matter) with out cops? In deep shit. We are humans. There are good ones and bad ones. Cops are humans. We must face that fact. But they are our finest. The majoriy of them are just and fight for a good cause. Not fair to group them all up and call them names. A cop you insult today, could be the same one protecting you from danger tmw. keep that in mind. peace

I just don't understand the people who go "'F' the police" and stuff like that. I mean, police officers risk their lives everyday to save our lives, and make them safer, and there are some people who just don't care. I really don't understand some people..... A world without law enforcement, would be absolutely terrible. Just think of Compton, California in the 80s, and think of that covering the whole world. Those of you who haven't heard of Compton, I'll explain for you: Riots, gangs around every corner, cars being torched, and the paramedics treating 10 shooting victims a day, that is, if the paramedics aren't the victims in the shooting. Not pretty, is it?

"If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain. I just love that lol.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there's footprints on the moon." - One of my friend's grandmas, apparently.

Winning wars is not a matter of killing the most.

It is a matter of scaring your enemy enough to not fight.

(An old Chinese general(forgot the name)

I shall die here.

Every inch of me shall perish.

Every inch, but one.

An Inch, it is small and it is fragile, but it is the only thing the world worth having.

We must never lose it or give it away.

We must never let them take it from us.

I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place.

I hope that the world turns and that things get better.

But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that:

even though I do not know you,

and even though I may never meet you,

laugh with you,

cry with you,

or kiss you.

I love you.

With all my heart, I love you. -Valerie

Valerie, From the movie V for vendetta

[/edit]