Tim

Interested in a Dispatch Center Simulation?

Tim, a program that is used by a lot of California POST (Peace Officer Standards and Trainings) Dispatcher training courses is called 911CAD (available for download and uncrippled/untimed evaluation here) It might give you some ideas of what is currently out there and the methodology utilized. It's very basic, but does have some advanced features, including map look up built in.

For others, I believe that program is exactly what you might be looking for until Tim completes his. It's a great training tool, and I first learned on it back in the mid 90s. It's no where near as robust or featured as a typical cities GIS based CAD, but it's perfect for kids who just want to play around and log scanner calls. Plus the price is right.

That looks nice, so there is a free version, and a pay version?

Edit: Never mind, found the answer.

Also Tim, as a suggestion if you have not already done it:

Will you be able to have a session where random calls come up, but will there be a second session included where it is custom call taking? Like if I wanted to use it while playing Emergency or listening to my scanner, and a call comes up for a stroke, would you be able to put that in? I guess I'm kind of thinking of a Call Log type of thing, but be able to add and list units.

Tim, a program that is used by a lot of California POST (Peace Officer Standards and Trainings) Dispatcher training courses is called 911CAD (available for download and uncrippled/untimed evaluation here) It might give you some ideas of what is currently out there and the methodology utilized. It's very basic, but does have some advanced features, including map look up built in.

For others, I believe that program is exactly what you might be looking for until Tim completes his. It's a great training tool, and I first learned on it back in the mid 90s. It's no where near as robust or featured as a typical cities GIS based CAD, but it's perfect for kids who just want to play around and log scanner calls. Plus the price is right.

THANK-YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I've been hunting for something like that for EVER! You are thee man :D (well, until the Tim's simulator is done ;) )

Guest abtyler4
As I said before, this is NO mod, it is stand alone!

Of course I'm already programming on this, otherwise I would not ask for your wishes and ideas :P

'

its better to click to have manual control over the vehicles by clicking and more fun than typing a message in the computer and waiting until the game responds also how do you know if this is going to work any way. dont reply just think.

'

its better to click to have manual control over the vehicles by clicking and more fun than typing a message in the computer and waiting until the game responds also how do you know if this is going to work any way. dont reply just think.

Well, I believe this is supposed to be more of a simulation, not a game.

Guest atsfmatt
911CAD is great. I also read you can do it with multiple persons over the internet?

Oh and in the manual you see a picture with a "received" call, yet I only get to make calls myself, any idea how I can turn it on?

A received call is when you have typed everything in and you havent sent a unit yet. I just found that out. Also how do we do the multiple persons thing.

In NY the first person you will hear when you call 911, is a NYPD Dispatcher. Now if you have a fire emergency, he will connect you with a FDNY Dispatcher. So if you choose to be a FDNY Dispatcher, you won't get any NYPD emergencies, but if you choose to be a NYPD Dispatcher, and the FDNY Emergencies are active, you get them, too, and you need to connect the caller to a FDNY Dispatcher.

You should probably go on with a map idea, but have it like google earth, so that it is in 3D. Now would this BE LIKE Emergency 4? I didn't mean a mod for it, but like something like it? I kinda interested..