Tim

Interested in a Dispatch Center Simulation?

Guest mbain4403
Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a dispatch center simulation and I would like to get an overview of what the players would like to see.

So just state what your dream feature would be, the more ideas and wishes I get, the more you help me :P

Attention: This is not related to the NY modification, it is an independent, stand-alone software!

I made a concept screenshot, to give you a small impression on what the program could look like.

previewscreen9rui.png

Do not think of any limitations, feel free to state everything(!) you can imagine of, every idea can help to improve the quality and the fun of the final software.

So far,

Tim

What do you need help on my email is mbain4403@yahoo.com

No, I was talking to Maffegozer :)

xD. yes I did got a reaction...

Just letting know that I did too :cheers-mate:

Tim, i think this is an awesome idea and i think everybody else has great ideas to consider into your software or whatever your calling it. It seems like it would be tons of fun to play, good luck working on it

Sixteen tons of entertainment :holdglass::grinsevil:

Maffegozer I pmed him a couple days ago and he said he is real busy with studying for exams but the editor was about 50% done.

That's right, I've got to prepare myself for 4 exams right now, and I also have some other things to do, such as preparing some training lessons for our "school paramedics", preparing a competition for paramedics and of course my girlfriend wants to spend some time with me :)

So software development is quite hard at the moment, I'm doing my best :)

Could you also add a backup tool so if you make it that they can tell you what's going like officer down shots fired you could send backup,or an explosion at a warehouse where there was an explosion.

That is already planned, there will be random events :)

Will everybody be able to download this software?

Yep :)

Tim:

Holy **CENSORED**! Wow! I was just about to go onto google and look for CAD simulations :P This is FANTASTIC!!!

And, just, throwing an idea out there. Say, with your Fire Dept. units, in the daytime, starting around, 0800 or 0900, units start calling out of service for random things, like:

1) Training

2) EMT/Paramedic Re-Cert.

3) To the Shop

4) Public Relations

Moreover, you could have several different statuses:

1) Available in Quarters

2) Available on the Air

3) Delayed response (Aerial up) [Aerials only]

4) Out of Service [with several different reasons]

5) Responding

6) On Location

7) Returning to Quarters

and more.. I'm just throwing some things out there for ya... PM me if there's ANYthing you need. If I don't know, I'll try to learn it to help :D

Eli

Moreover, you could have several different statuses:

1) Available in Quarters

2) Available on the Air

3) Delayed response (Aerial up) [Aerials only]

4) Out of Service [with several different reasons]

5) Responding

6) On Location

7) Returning to Quarters

and more.. I'm just throwing some things out there for ya... PM me if there's ANYthing you need. If I don't know, I'll try to learn it to help :D

Eli

You mean like these?:

post-3001-1259779756.jpgpost-3001-1259779766.jpgpost-3001-1259779773.jpg

These are from a call log iPhone app for Fire Police and EMS.

How about setting it in city, and giving the person playing the ability to choose the what departmen(city) he wants to play in. Like you could play Columbus, OH, NY, LA, and Boston, for example. Also, how about the voice commands, like was stated before, have the player answer the 911 phone, and get the information from the caller, then enter it into the computer. Then he would have to open the dispatch screen, and find the priority call. He would then hit a button to activate the Dispatch channel, you hear the tones drop then you have to dispatch the units, then your in charge of monitoring the radio channel til the incident is over. You would interact with the units when they mark on scene, signal O, raise the alarm, and other options. Then you can decide what unit you should send for a fire alarm, or shooting.

Tim, a program that is used by a lot of California POST (Peace Officer Standards and Trainings) Dispatcher training courses is called 911CAD (available for download and uncrippled/untimed evaluation here) It might give you some ideas of what is currently out there and the methodology utilized. It's very basic, but does have some advanced features, including map look up built in.

For others, I believe that program is exactly what you might be looking for until Tim completes his. It's a great training tool, and I first learned on it back in the mid 90s. It's no where near as robust or featured as a typical cities GIS based CAD, but it's perfect for kids who just want to play around and log scanner calls. Plus the price is right.