Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

As said time and time again on this board whenever this suggestion comes up, the answer is... No.

YOU are the dispatcher! It is your job in the game to decide the best units to respond to a call based on what units are currently in station, location on the map of the call, and current call load. Do you respond an ALS Engine or RA, Do you deplete your area of Fire Companies, or maybe call for a county squad from off map due to the location, are most of your units already tied up in a certain part and you want to leave an engine in station just in case a fire breaks out nearby? With the concept of ALS Engines, ALS and BLS Rescues, Engines and Light Forces, there is virtually no limit to the different combination's you can muster for each and every call. For the Cardiac arrest, what if it is in a part of the map where a Squad or ALS Engine is closer? Do you want to wait for the ALS RA that might be tied up on a different call? In the end, what units go where is up to you and that's one of the greatest challenges of the game, and one of the most realistic aspects as well. The best strategy and utilization of units wins.

I just think it would be easier that you can dispatch 3 trucks at once instead of one at a time like you have to do.

There wouldn't be a water supply with a set amount of water exactly. Instead in order to connect discharge hoses and use the deck guns on the foam tender it would have to be connected to two or three engines. It would still have an unlimited amount of water, because it's impossible to have a limited water supply.

I think it was the London mod that was able to connect engines to hydrants and such.

Im an air force firefighter i play with foam too much and u can attach hoses and use the deck gun and only attach to a fire hydrant it depends on how much your pumping out and it depends on how much is coming in so thats not necessarily true and i assure u that u wont ever see three engines attached to a foam tender

Im an air force firefighter i play with foam too much and u can attach hoses and use the deck gun and only attach to a fire hydrant it depends on how much your pumping out and it depends on how much is coming in so thats not necessarily true and i assure u that u wont ever see three engines attached to a foam tender

Well, according to section 12 of this LAFD training bulletin, the foam tender should be supplied with two 4" lines at the minimum. Keep in mind the LAFD foam tenders don't carry water or pumps. Section 2 states that the foam tenders can discharge up to 4000 GPM. Now each LAFD engine can pump 1500 GPM max, so in order for the foam tender to discharge it's 4000 GPM, three engines would be required. Furthermore, section 13 says that if a foam tender is needed, at least two should be requested. Now I understand that there are few situations where you would need 4000 GPM from at least two foam tenders, but I wouldn't think it would be uncommon to see two engines supplying each foam tender.

@ Hoppah, looks great! Are there any other vehicles that don't have an accurate roof (or any part for that matter)?

I see you chose to omit the white middle section of the lightbar.

Also, are you going to add lights to the side of the engines and the battalion chief SUV where the reflectors are modeled but there is no light?

Looking very tidy :gut:

I'll apologise firstly 'cause I don't wanna anger you here, but in future releases are you contemplating scripting out some new missions?

I understand modding takes a very long time and right now the focus is units and maps, just interested was all :)

Again, i'm not trying to bait anything out of you, just wondered if it was on the table for V5.0 :P

(Feel free not to answer me by the way)

There wouldn't be a water supply with a set amount of water exactly. Instead in order to connect discharge hoses and use the deck guns on the foam tender it would have to be connected to two or three engines. It would still have an unlimited amount of water, because it's impossible to have a limited water supply.

I think it was the London mod that was able to connect engines to hydrants and such.

thanks! to bad that i doesn't work

Looking very tidy :gut:

I'll apologise firstly 'cause I don't wanna anger you here, but in future releases are you contemplating scripting out some new missions?

I understand modding takes a very long time and right now the focus is units and maps, just interested was all :)

Again, i'm not trying to bait anything out of you, just wondered if it was on the table for V5.0 :P

(Feel free not to answer me by the way)

Missions take up alot of time to create. I did have some plans for new missions for future versions of the Los Angeles Mod, but I can't promise anything.

Hoppah

My Christmas gift is ready: Los Angeles Mod v2.0!

lamod.jpg

Changelist:

- Deluxe version of the new freeplay map added.

- Possibility to cover dead bodies with a tarp added.

- Command to drop a diver in water from the USCG Jayhawk added.

- New vehicle: LAPD K-9

- New vehicle: LAFD Swift Water Rescue

- Old LAFD Motorboat can be called off the map now.

- Models of the LAFD Foam Tender and LAPD SWAT Heavy Rescue Truck updated.

- Added command to the control panels of the fire stations to stop the automatic vehicle emptying.

- Several bug fixes.

I strongly recommend to use one of the mirrors instead of the official download site, to prevent another crash of our servers! :ill:

Download mirrors:

Mirror 1 by Hoppah

Mirror 2 by Xplorer4x4

Mirror 3 by dizza

Mirror 4 by [sAP]Francis

Official download site: emergency-planet

I wish everyone alot of fun with LA MOD v2.0, a very Mery Christmas and a happy new year! :xmas:

Hoppah

Halla112 - Read the following

Missions take up alot of time to create. I did have some plans for new missions for future versions of the Los Angeles Mod, but I can't promise anything.

Hoppah

I think it was pretty obvious there that no new missions are planned for v2.0 (hence my sugggestion of 'maybe v5.0')

Also, thanks for getting back to me Hoppah, you'd have no need to promise anything anyway mate, you've done an outstanding job already. :12:

[EDIT: I MUST BE THE FIRST PERSON TO DOWNLOAD THIS! WHAT WONDERFUL TIMING!]

Hoppah,

Thanks a lot for all the work you've put in to release something that's not only Free, but enjoyable too!

I appreciate it, and i am sure that the many many members here do too.

Thanks once again, i look forward to playing it.

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year! You deserve it :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Hoppah and everyone! Can't wait to download it but unfortunately I am at school now so later. :) Did you see my previous post?

Unfortunately, a missionscript for freeplay is alot of work and I don't think I can do that by myself.

It's funny that nobody noticed the mirrors, because they were already ready like 10 hours ago (before I went to bed). :P

Hoppah

Unfortunately, a missionscript for freeplay is alot of work and I don't think I can do that by myself.

It's funny that nobody noticed the mirrors, because they were already ready like 10 hours ago (before I went to bed). :P

Hoppah

As much as people love this, I can't imagine them trailing around the net for them without a rough estimate of a release date :P

I imagine you wouldn't have been pleased had the links all turned up here though while you were sleeping :P