Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest ninedragon96
Will there be any suicide jumpers(from windows) on the new map? If so how did you manage to accomplish this because I cant figure it out.

You can use the jumping pad in the USAR truck.

Hoppah, have you ever thought about adding the new SWR truck to FS1? It would be parked out back like the battalion chief SUV. I think it would be cool (and realistic seeing as the port and the LA river is close to FS1 ingame) because it would turn FS1 into a station sort of like station 88 in LA. I understand that this would require a slight change to the map as well as adding to the fire station scripts (you could even add a command to the BC to call SWR), so maybe this would be better for version 2.1 or something.

Will there be any suicide jumpers(from windows) on the new map? If so how did you manage to accomplish this because I cant figure it out.

The apartments where the 'suicide from window' events can happen are not on the map. I decided to add 2 of these buildings on the map, so hopefully that event will happen now. :)

Hoppah, have you ever thought about adding the new SWR truck to FS1? It would be parked out back like the battalion chief SUV. I think it would be cool (and realistic seeing as the port and the LA river is close to FS1 ingame) because it would turn FS1 into a station sort of like station 88 in LA. I understand that this would require a slight change to the map as well as adding to the fire station scripts (you could even add a command to the BC to call SWR), so maybe this would be better for version 2.1 or something.

There won't be any other new additions to v2.0, but I'll keep it in mind for any other future versions.

Is there a way we could just download the new files for people that already have the mod so we dont have to wait as long? Then make another one for people that dont have it?

Is there a way we could just download the new files for people that already have the mod so we dont have to wait as long? Then make another one for people that dont have it?

I could make some kind of patch for v1.9 which would include all of the changed files (all features of v2.0). The problem is that I need to sort out 100's of files and that the patch would still reach about 100 MB's, because I changed many files and some of them are pretty big. I have found some people who are going to mirror the Los Angeles Mod v2.0 before it's official release, so mirrors will be available immediatly. A crash of our servers is almost inevitable, but that's only for 1 or 2 days hopefully. That's not going to be a huge problem anyway.

If people are still having problems to install v2.0 I might release it as an .e4mod file later. I just can't promise anything yet.

Sounds good :)

Except that I am not going to spoil two weeks of Christmas holidays to sort these files out. Downloading another 155 mb isn't that bad for most people. Unless you live in Alaska or something.

Regarding the news on the swift water rescue will we still be able to use the older boat as well?

Yes, you can still call it off the map, like the big fire boat.

Except that I am not going to spoil two weeks of Christmas holidays to sort these files out. Downloading another 155 mb isn't that bad for most people. Unless you live in Alaska or something.

I didnt mean for this version, it was a suggestion for future versions. :P

I know some people here said they would try some solutions to get the stolen car event in freeplay to work and they seem to work. But I never get the event, patch 1.9.3; new map. :s

I've changed many of the stolen cars (positions), so hopefully they'll happen more often now.

Is there anyway that one of the future updates will have a dispatching center for the fire ems and pd? So instead of having to select each individual unit you can hit a button like non commercial building fire and like 2 of the closet engines a ladder and a rescue respond along with the battalion chief? Or for ems if its like cardiac arrest you hit like a button for that and the nearest ALS ambulance along with the ems supervisor or officer respeonds?

Is there anyway that one of the future updates will have a dispatching center for the fire ems and pd? So instead of having to select each individual unit you can hit a button like non commercial building fire and like 2 of the closet engines a ladder and a rescue respond along with the battalion chief? Or for ems if its like cardiac arrest you hit like a button for that and the nearest ALS ambulance along with the ems supervisor or officer respeonds?

As said time and time again on this board whenever this suggestion comes up, the answer is... No.

YOU are the dispatcher! It is your job in the game to decide the best units to respond to a call based on what units are currently in station, location on the map of the call, and current call load. Do you respond an ALS Engine or RA, Do you deplete your area of Fire Companies, or maybe call for a county squad from off map due to the location, are most of your units already tied up in a certain part and you want to leave an engine in station just in case a fire breaks out nearby? With the concept of ALS Engines, ALS and BLS Rescues, Engines and Light Forces, there is virtually no limit to the different combination's you can muster for each and every call. For the Cardiac arrest, what if it is in a part of the map where a Squad or ALS Engine is closer? Do you want to wait for the ALS RA that might be tied up on a different call? In the end, what units go where is up to you and that's one of the greatest challenges of the game, and one of the most realistic aspects as well. The best strategy and utilization of units wins.

The apartments where the 'suicide from window' events can happen are not on the map. I decided to add 2 of these buildings on the map, so hopefully that event will happen now. :)

I hope so. I used the apartment building from the deluxe map where there was a jumper, and put this in 1.9 on a deluxe copy of the map, and havent gotten any yet. Maybe i forgot to do the freeplayparams edit.

Hoppah is there any why you can make 2.0 so that you can download it either the old way or the new way you made for 1.9, i havent played 1.9 yet and im dieing to. But if you can make that little change it would make a hell of a christmas present.

Well I cant speak for others, but I will have a mirror on a dedicated server with 25mbps minimum throughput, and 100mbps max throughput. Depending on the speed your ISP gives you, I dont think it will take very long.