Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 2.1 4x4

Have you contacted Hoppah and asked about getting permission since it meets the requirements?

Can you not read the post directly above yours?

"Well still havent got permission to release this"

If any one wants it released..ask Hoppah. He cant seem to give me an answer, so I give up. Progress will move on regardless, but only as a personnel sub mod.

I would love nothing more to release this as it meets all the requirements I believe. All units are scripted to return to base, among other script changes, reskinned units with additional functions(like the ATF NRU having the bomb robot,and a NTF NRU reskined like the one the LA County Coroner uses), new spawn points added, and more. Even a new model will be added soon. Njboy has it mostly finished, just touching it up a bit.

Good question cny, it will only work with the new map included with version 2.0+, but I hope to expand this project beyond just the new map and use Wood's maps(which are going to require alot of bug fixes first), and possibly the old maps as well. Down the line I may even consider making my own map.

Ok so heres a full list of changes as best as I can recall:

Police

-Parking moved to rear of LAPD Station.

-Parking spots in rear of LASD Station for 3 SWAT Trucks(SWAT SUV,Swat 1 - Lenco Bearcat,SWAT2- Lenco Bear)

-Parking spots in rear of LASD Station for SWAT Heavy Rescue and LAPD Bomb Squad based off SWAT Heavy Rescue or ATF NRU

-ATF NRU now carries bomb robot and LAPD Bomb Squad Member

-LASD Station Added with 3 parking spots for LASD Patrol Car,LASD Van,and LASD Search and Rescue.

-CHP Crown Vic might be replaced with the LED Version.

Fire

--Station 1

-LED ALS Engine added to Station 1

-LED BLS Engine added to Station 1

-Tiller replaced Tower Ladder

-EMS Supervisor(Crown Vic) added to Station 1

-Swift Water Rescue Truck added to Station 1 - Truck staffed with 2 Medics and 1 USAR FF who can change in to a dive suit on scene.

-Large Rescue Ambulance Added to Station 1 and transformed in to strictly a rescue truck housing jump pad,jaws of life,chainsaw,etc,and will staff 2 Paramedics - Hazmat capabilities in the work. The set up is based on a real life rig from my city.

-Heavy Rescue Crane added to Station 1

--Station 2

-Tower Ladder replaced Hazmat Unit

-USFS Truck repainted Red and put in service as a new ALS Engine.

-LED Brush Truck added.

-Battalion Chief added.

All fire units are scripted to return to there respective parking place.

EMS

-LED ALS Ambulance will be the second ambulance in the bay at FS1.

-EMS Dodge Charger from LED Submod added to FS2.

-Ambulances set to return to base if ambulance bays are full.

-ATF NRU Reskined to match LACo Coroner Special Operations unit.

I am certain I am forgetting somethings, but that covers the majority of it.

Several people made indirect contributions to my mod, and have given permission for a public release of my changes with there work included. Most of the lighting work was done by CFD,NFK, and occram, with a few edits done by me. So a big thank you to all 3 for there lighting work through the years. Thank you to Lushino/Swano for giving permission to use the Unmarked Units Submod. JoseOu for the LED Submod. Last but not least, ShaneGreen; his work was an inspiration for these changes, as well as helping me out along the way with script errors, tips, and so forth. Oh and of course Hoppah who layed the ground work with all that he has done for the LA Mod. Hoppahs permission is the only thing required, besides testing, to proceed with a public release.

I have asked a few people to innate the beta testing phases in hopes of getting all bugs worked out and a public release.

So it keeps crashing on me. I'm getting something about a parenthesis in the wrong place regarding a fire hose or something like that. I got it to load once, but it crashed within 10 seconds. :/

Script Error = (_attachfirehose65499): Error: Parenthesis does not match

And the name normally crashes before loading the mod.

In the future, hit retry, and it will give you a line number. I already fixed that, just forgot to slip it in to the mod I sent out. Here's the fixed one. And you can PM me, Moo, if you want. ;)

Yeah, I found the error actually. NotePad 2 is really helpful. Once I removed it, the game loaded fine.

Do you want me to privately contact you regarding this or just post things here? I figured it would be quicker for other to discuss. Which ever you'd prefer.

Thanks to the guys helping me test, I am working on fixing some bugs. Hoppah also has given permission to release this so I hope to have this released by the end of this coming weekend. I also jumped head and started making this compatible with w00ds first map. I have done some small changes to the actual map texture like adding a parking lot to the police station, and some small changes near FS1. The maps also use Hoppahs old model for FS2. I may or may not update this depending on where it would fit with out doing a lot of changes to the surrounding buildings and no major changes to the texture.

EDIT: Just heard from w00ds. He is sending me the map textures now. I may use the changes in the texture for when I update Hoppahs release of w00ds maps for those of you who like to add units parked on the map, and such.

Thanks to the guys helping me test, I am working on fixing some bugs. Hoppah also has given permission to release this so I hope to have this released by the end of this coming weekend. I also jumped head and started making this compatible with w00ds first map. I have done some small changes to the actual map texture like adding a parking lot to the police station, and some small changes near FS1. The maps also use Hoppahs old model for FS2. I may or may not update this depending on where it would fit with out doing a lot of changes to the surrounding buildings and no major changes to the texture.

EDIT: Just heard from w00ds. He is sending me the map textures now. I may use the changes in the texture for when I update Hoppahs release of w00ds maps for those of you who like to add units parked on the map, and such.

Hurray! I much prefer w00ds maps. This makes me really happy. I'd offer you a hug but not sure how you'd respond to it. XD

Well good news for you then. :P

w00ds first map is coming along quite nicely. I added a parking lot behind the police station and expanded on the lot to the side of the police station to make room for parking SWAT units, ATF NRU, and the big SWAT/Bomb Squad. Since this map has an airport I have brought back the LAX Cops and the Crash Tender(disabled for new map since they serve no use). I added a small building to act as an LAX Police station and added scripted parking places. I added parking for the Port cops, brought back the USFS Truck(dont see a reason to use them on the new freeplay map) to handle fires in the camp ground. FS1 has a minor edit to the texture so the Heavy Rescue Crane wasnt sitting on the sidewalk. At FS2 I tried parking the EMS Charger and Brush behind FS2, but the tower trucks so damn long, it just didnt quite have the room to maneuver so it would get stuck easy.There was a train station next to FS2. Well there still is but I decided to decrease the length of the platform and make room for the Brush and EMS Charger to park in a newly create parking area. Right now I still have to play with the spacing of the VO's as the brush truck isnt quite parking right, but that should be an easy fix. I am debating weather to leave LASD in the w00ds map version to cut back on the number of police vehicles, plus the only place they seem to fit in there would be the campground. I may take the scripting a step further and see about spawning a CHP Charger at both off ramp for the highway, spawn the Port Cops at there station and same for LAX cops. The only major problem I see left on w00ds map, is theres an area in the middle of the map that units like to cut through when they shouldnt. Oh and I am touching up the patrol paths. All 2 were almost the exact same, if not exactly the same so i started from scratch trying to map it so each patrol path covered a different section of the map.

Just waiting for some bug fixes on the scripts, i hope, and then the first edition, using the new freeplay map, will be pretty solid. The only major thing left will be adding some info to the XMLs so the new units have proper names, and adding the VOs on the non deluxe map since it didnt seem like my work around played nicely with 911FR.

Hey I havent actually put the CHP CV LED in to the mod yet, but if you have any updates you havent released yet, I would love to see them and might switch out certain units. Currently ,NFK and CFD are both assisting heavily in the project to allow for a good variety of lighting types since you all 3 have very unique styles and there will be a variety of units with different lighting.

I'd love to help test this if you'd like mate. I have alot of time I could devote to help you out. Know some basic scripting just let me know through pm mate :)

oh btw, Sounds amazing, keep up the good work regardless. Can't wait for it to be released.

There is a stripped section at both the on and off ramps to the highway that I normally place a CHP on those when I play. Toss it on standby since it's a good highway location.

You COULD revamp some of the tree area or where the house is and place the small Forest truck and a LASD vehicle there, but I like to have my LASD patrolling.

I'm assuming the ability to changer the tiller to a ladder will be in the script? I'm really not a fan of the tiller.

Scripting questions regarding Tech: Is there a way we can give the repair tech guy a standby command and be able to call him with a VCMD calltech as well as a calltow for police? This would beat ( and make it slightly more realistic than calling it from off site using the commands. Police units can get to the scene normally fast and to be able to have them call a towtruck and the repair guy would be really nice. Not to mention having at least one or two spawning on the map at the repair station.

The cut through area... Is that the huge open spot? Common location for the protests and such?

Another thing you might want to consider is adding more hostages situations to that map. There seems to be only one mission regarding that.

Also consider bring in support for AMR Ambulances, I'd like to be able to call them with the Bat/Para Chief. I tried to copy a part of that one script that has them, but I was unable to get the AMR to go on patrol AFTER they dropped off a patient. They'd just sit in the drop-off bay.

That map has a problem with low vehicle amounts, so you may want to increase the spawn times. More so on the highway, it seems HIGHLY unrealistic that only one or two vehicles spawned. Just tweak the spawn rate and redue the paths. I hate how some roads have no traffic while others have tons. :/

Have you considered doing away with the ( neat, but useless ) military base and modifying it as some sort of "federal" unit base? Like maybe ATF/FBI?

might as well include the tower in FS2 while your at it lol since its on there

if he is useing the woods map i suggest a 3rd FS? if i may suggest have it near the cap grounds beouse that seems to go up in an instant. thats why i always have a USFS company there staffed with 2 paramedics

There is a stripped section at both the on and off ramps to the highway that I normally place a CHP on those when I play. Toss it on standby since it's a good highway location. - Exactly where I plan to spawn them. ;)

You COULD revamp some of the tree area or where the house is and place the small Forest truck and a LASD vehicle there, but I like to have my LASD patrolling. - We'll see about that. I dont think im going to add a USFS base to the map.

I'm assuming the ability to changer the tiller to a ladder will be in the script? I'm really not a fan of the tiller. - I might include an alternate script to replace the tiller with the tower ladder.

Scripting questions regarding Tech: Is there a way we can give the repair tech guy a standby command and be able to call him with a VCMD calltech as well as a calltow for police? This would beat ( and make it slightly more realistic than calling it from off site using the commands. Police units can get to the scene normally fast and to be able to have them call a towtruck and the repair guy would be really nice. Not to mention having at least one or two spawning on the map at the repair station. - Well this is a big to be determined thing. If I do this I would expect a call tow truck before a call an engineer. It wont be in the first release of any of the 3 versions.

The cut through area... Is that the huge open spot? Common location for the protests and such? - I believe so, yeah. Its a big open area and leads up to a stair case and there is like a an over look are for the river/stream.

Another thing you might want to consider is adding more hostages situations to that map. There seems to be only one mission regarding that. - I may add more events in an update.

Also consider bring in support for AMR Ambulances, I'd like to be able to call them with the Bat/Para Chief. I tried to copy a part of that one script that has them, but I was unable to get the AMR to go on patrol AFTER they dropped off a patient. They'd just sit in the drop-off bay. - Well I am open to ideas by all means, but this is a another we will see.

That map has a problem with low vehicle amounts, so you may want to increase the spawn times. More so on the highway, it seems HIGHLY unrealistic that only one or two vehicles spawned. Just tweak the spawn rate and redue the paths. I hate how some roads have no traffic while others have tons. :/ - Yeah I have noticed this to. I dont think I will be adding events to the map for the first release simply to maintain stability, but I will probably go through and add a few events and increase traffic like you said.

Have you considered doing away with the ( neat, but useless ) military base and modifying it as some sort of "federal" unit base? Like maybe ATF/FBI? - Hadnt considered this, but who knows. I agree it is mostly usless but I send in the Humvee and use a little imagination that they are MPs.

Well i might still aim to get it released today, but theres still a few bugs and most the people I asked to help me fix the scripting bugs, aren't helping aside from Texas_DPS. However, SirMoo and NFK have both been very helpfull in there respective roles of atleast finding bugs for me.

I feel bad because I sit there and work and work and still cant get some of the scripts to work. Its really irritating. Im still working on them 4x4, just not really getting anywhere.

No need to feel bad, you been a help like I said. Just disappointed in a few others.

Well i might still aim to get it released today, but theres still a few bugs and most the people I asked to help me fix the scripting bugs, aren't helping aside from Texas_DPS. However, SirMoo and NFK have both been very helpfull in there respective roles of atleast finding bugs for me.

As you know I'm away from my main computer, and I've yet to try installing this on Linux, otherwise I would be assisting in seeing if I could figure out scripting issues. I'll be home Tuesday.