Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 2.1 4x4

Just FYI, we are working on this still, but progress may be a bit slower over the next few days as I try to get my head together after being in a traffic accident today. It was enough to likley total my truck and has left my already bad knee,neck and back, in worse shape then it already was.

Just FYI, we are working on this still, but progress may be a bit slower over the next few days as I try to get my head together after being in a traffic accident today. It was enough to likley total my truck and has left my already bad knee,neck and back, in worse shape then it already was.

don't worry so much about the mod

hope you will be better soon and are glad that not more happened to you ....... I feel bad about the shape of your neck/back and knee , as well as your truck

Meh I worked pretty hard on it the other night trying to keep my mind off things. I have sent out what I hopes to be the final beta release to those helping test. Assuming there are no other bugs besides getting the LRA and SWR to park right. I think it will be ready for release here very very soon.

Small update, not sure if I can get it to work, but I am trying to get police cars to stop at red lights on patrol. I have some idea of how to do this but will probably require the assistance of some one who is a bit more advanced at scripting then myself to get it working just right.

Also, police cars will now turn off there head lights when they are parked at the various police stations. I am going to try to disable headlights when on standby as well.

Ok red patrolling units stopping at traffic lights is a fail. It seem like the police units are working fine in regards to turning there headlights off when they park at the station , well aside from some of the SWAT and Bomb Units. Al fire trucks and ambulances turn there lights off when they return to station. Could not get it to work when the units spawn.

Anyways I think we finally have achieved a stable release, or atleast stable enough for release. Going to test it in 911FR now to make sure, then I just have to remove the deluxe events from the non-deluxe map. After that I think I can go ahead and release the mod later today.

I'll upload it here very soon, but I there are 3 bugs I can not fix atm.

1. The tiller blows up easily. Looking in to a fix for this.

2. The Large Rescue Ambulance and the SWR Truck will not return to there parking spots properly. If this poses a problem you can move them or send them back to base.

Thats the only thing I can think of atm. Going to work on a list of changes and install instructions.

I'll upload it here very soon, but I there are 3 bugs I can not fix atm.

1. The tiller blows up easily. Looking in to a fix for this.

2. The Large Rescue Ambulance and the SWR Truck will not return to there parking spots properly. If this poses a problem you can move them or send them back to base.

Thats the only thing I can think of atm. Going to work on a list of changes and install instructions.

I am not trying to offend anyone here but I guess your best bet would be to write a short point by point tutorial about the installing procedure , to avoid being swamped by questions about how to and in what order you have to install different things in order to receive the best possible and desired result ....

just my two cents

BTT - I am looking very much forward to this new mod of yours

I am not trying to offend anyone here but I guess your best bet would be to write a short point by point tutorial about the installing procedure , to avoid being swamped by questions about how to and in what order you have to install different things in order to receive the best possible and desired result ....

No offense taken, but your stating the overly obvious here. I am going to look in to scripting an installer over the coming days, but for now I am trying to release this with out an installer for now, but still manage to accomplish a simple to install method.

No offense taken, but your stating the overly obvious here. I am going to look in to scripting an installer over the coming days, but for now I am trying to release this with out an installer for now, but still manage to accomplish a simple to install method.

lol no wait ..... the offense part was not a shot into your direction rather than towards the ones who keep asking or not able to implement the submods / alterations without getting stuck or blowing their installation into oblivion

I am almost certain that the most common question will be if they need or not need Hoppas LA Mod , Hoppas Patches and the PRL and so on .....I am sure you are getting my point ;-)

I got ya. I dont think there will be need for other submods added to this as it contains just about every submod. It just needs a few changes to a few files to enable them. As for PRL, it will be mostly compatible, but not 100%. I would say it is about 90%, but most of the lighting comes from PRL with some additional work by occram and NewFoundKing. A few units are alterations of there work. For example BC1 uses the same lightbar lighting occram put on it, however I removed the rest of the lights. occram also did the EMS supervisor SUV which is pretty much the same truck. So I removed the lightbar lighting from that truck, leaving the other lights in place. Then I merged them with the lightbar lights occram originally put on the BC. Another such example, CFD updated the SWAT SUV for me. He has not released this unit as part of PRL yet, but I imagine this will be released in his next up date. There was a steady burn and blue flasher near the rear view mirror. I removed the blue flasher and left the steady burn. There were lights placed on the tailgate. I moved these down and placed them on the license plate. The lights are nothing like those used in the light pack I released awhile ago. The units mostly have PRL look to them that hsould keep PRL fans happy, but included other changes to.

I am heading off for one more quick test, and then I have to go through and remove the unchanged files.

And for install instructions, for the most part ShaneGreens instructions from his submod seem to have worked well, so I admit to stealing this and altering it as needed:p

I got ya. I dont think there will be need for other submods added to this as it contains just about every submod. It just needs a few changes to a few files to enable them. As for PRL, it will be mostly compatible, but not 100%. I would say it is about 90%, but most of the lighting comes from PRL with some additional work by occram and NewFoundKing. A few units are alterations of there work. For example BC1 uses the same lightbar lighting occram put on it, however I removed the rest of the lights. occram also did the EMS supervisor SUV which is pretty much the same truck. So I removed the lightbar lighting from that truck, leaving the other lights in place. Then I merged them with the lightbar lights occram originally put on the BC. Another such example, CFD updated the SWAT SUV for me. He has not released this unit as part of PRL yet, but I imagine this will be released in his next up date. There was a steady burn and blue flasher near the rear view mirror. I removed the blue flasher and left the steady burn. There were lights placed on the tailgate. I moved these down and placed them on the license plate. The lights are nothing like those used in the light pack I released awhile ago. The units mostly have PRL look to them that hsould keep PRL fans happy, but included other changes to.

I am heading off for one more quick test, and then I have to go through and remove the unchanged files.

And for install instructions, for the most part ShaneGreens instructions from his submod seem to have worked well, so I admit to stealing this and altering it as needed:p

that sounds pretty good and straight forward to me ...... just lets hope others will see it the same way ;-)

I am quite impressed by your effort :-)

I know how to script for some verhicles only how does it work for emergency services cant let that

work. You got some tips?

Ok, first dont hijack my thread to get help with something else.

Secondly, I havent the slightest clue what your talking about. If you want help, start your own topic, and include details.

Anyways, back to the mod. I almost forgot to remove the deluxe events from the non deluxe/regular map. It wont cause any problems, but you will see dead bird on the ground in a few places, but as far as I can see, there are no paths/streets blocked. There are also hydrants spraying water. In EM4 Deluxe this disrupts traffic. If it is left on the map for those with out EM4 Deluxe it just looks ugly, but does not cause traffic problems.

Going to upload here in a few minuets. Because of unforeseen problems removing deluxe events from the map, I am going to release this as a beta, but like I said, this will not actually cause you and problems.