Xplorer4x4

LA Mod 2.1 4x4

so you are replacing the rescue squad with the rescue crane? just currious

Nope. Station 1 has a HES and HRC.

Sounds good. Can't wait to try this out :P

Here's a suggestion, it would be a great addition:

- Be able to park ambulances outside the Hospital.

- Port police cars will only patrol the port area.

Parking ambulances would be simple enough, but it would be easiest to rely on the firestation script to staff them. I may add AMRs around the hospital but I kind of doubt it.

This is indeed something I plan to look into. The problem lies with in the pathing. If the path over laps another path im not sure its going to stick to its path.

I noticed on the regular map when i had all the spots full at the police station (infront) that the other cop cars i sent to the station would go to the donut shop and park there. If they can do that their is it possible to make the ambulances do that in the parking lot maybe in a designated area for just ambulances??

are you changing any thing at station two? such as the hazmant with a Rescue squad or a tower?

I noticed on the regular map when i had all the spots full at the police station (infront) that the other cop cars i sent to the station would go to the donut shop and park there. If they can do that their is it possible to make the ambulances do that in the parking lot maybe in a designated area for just ambulances??

That would be a great thing to do

Guest madforce

The only catch is the only dropoff in the default scripts for arrests are the 3 spots in front of the station, units at the donut shop, or additional units that go on patrol won't take any arrests to the station for intake.

You'll also notice the only vehicle by default to go to the donut are the reg CV patrol cars by default. So if you happen to use the charger reguarly, they will only use the donut parking. Minor, and can be worked around.

Really looking forward to seeing what you have put together!.

Edit; Awesome, I just totally didn't pay attention to the dialog box that was open in the editor thinking it was the load map box, but was actually the save box so I just overwrote my map I was working on with an empty map. SCHWEET! ...sigh

you can add X amount of port police cars, and X amount of paths to match, but make those paths excape paths and assign one to each car??

I doubt i would add multiple port police paths.

Not sure what you mean. Have the ambulances park in the FS parking lot or doughnut shop?

are you changing any thing at station two? such as the hazmant with a Rescue squad or a tower?

I have listed the changes to FS2 in this thread.

Guest madforce
Well it would be cool if you would hit the stand by button and they would park in certain places in the map?? Hope you kinda get that haha....

Well, the standby button would essentially be for excess cars. As it stands, when you hit return to PD, they'll find the open spot somewhere around the map designated for them. That;s kinda one of the points in his edits that there will be much more than the default parking spaces than default. For all intents unless you have a very large force, you prob will have a spot at PD or a substation for all units you will need.

Since I screwed up and overwrote my map, I'm just going to see what Xplorer has when he releases it, we have pretty much been on the same page I think it adding the additional sub stations and parking. The only other addition I'm planning on is maybe a BLS ambulance or 2 on standby at the hospital, I'm still debating.

I do have the tendency of using a BC out of the car hotkeyed, just occasional I would misclick and he'd run across the map. lol. So I just added a BC in the editor and surrounded him with a couple barricade VOs so he can't move and problem solved. lol

Hi Xplorer4x4,

Have managed to get all the vehicles to spawn and crew as per earlier discussion. Find below what I have managed to achieve so far.

post-754-1256113404.jpg post-754-1256113427.jpg post-754-1256113450.jpg post-754-1256113478.jpg

I am still having that issue with the firestation.script stating that there are too many "}"

but am working on it.

All police patrol units (CHP, LAPD patrol cars, Motorcycles amd UMPC's) will respond if they are the closest vehicle when request for patrol car is made. SWAT, Bomb and LAPD SUV must be dispatched manually.

To make USAR more usable, I have modified so that USAR Firefighter can change into and out of diver gear at scene as long as USAR or LEV/HES vehicle at scene.

You may notice that the LEV and Brush at Firestation 2. plus the LAPD SUV at Policestation are facing in the correct direction ..... finally.

I managed to achieve this by intructing them to rotate towards gate6a in the Firestationstart.script (same as Hazmat/Ladder in bay 6 of Station 2) - and it works !

Go figure :nixweiss: but I am not complaining. (possibly that instruction states to set rotation in same direction rather than straight towards)

Will keep in touch

Take care

Shane

When I get more time i will look into the firestation.script if you dont fix it first.

Im a bot confused on the police back up. How does it operate normally LAPD back up LAPD, LASD, back up LASD, and CHP backs up CHP no matter whos closest?

Your doing an awesome job Shane, thanks for all your help along the way on my project.

Shane, I like your changes to the map. Would you release them as a submod?

Hi randomperson139,

Thankyou for your interest in my version of the mod. As with all that I do, I am happy to share and would be more than happy to release as a submod .... but, it must be done with Hoppahs blessing - to make my changes would involve downloading a file which is about 35 mb in size (uncompressed).

In addition to spawning the extra vehicles at startup and the extra parking, it includes extra LAPD vehicles LAPD CV 1 -5, 3 extra umpcs, Firestation 1 has ALS Engine 1, 2, BLS Engine 201, 202, ALS Ambulance 1, 2, 3, Light Equipment Vehicle 1 and Heavy Equipment Squad 2, while Firestation 2 has Engine 51 (HA HA), Ladder 51, ALS Ambulance 51, Light Equipment Vehicle 51 and Brush 51. I have set up AMR ambulances as BLS and all LAFD as ALS. All Battalion Chief calls work with the extra vehicles and I have included a Call Tower Lightforce which will call Ladder plus ALS Engine 51 together from station 2.

As mentioned earlier, I have also modified the USAR Firefighter so they can change into diver gear and back to USAR provided they are near USAR truck, LEV or HES.

The Negotiator and SWAT Officer have also been modified so tht they can equip MP5 or PSG-1, from SWAT SUV, Helicopter or any SWAT vehicle.

The LAPD Helicopter can rappel officers like the Blackhawk - the animations are still those of national guardsmen when sliding down rope. But good for bringing SWAT to scene.

With so many changes to the mod, I am not sure that Hoppah will be happy for general release .... so don't get too excited, but I will ask.

When I get more time i will look into the firestation.script if you dont fix it first.

Im a bot confused on the police back up. How does it operate normally LAPD back up LAPD, LASD, back up LASD, and CHP backs up CHP no matter whos closest?

Your doing an awesome job Shane, thanks for all your help along the way on my project.

Hi Xplorer4x4,

Thanks for your kind words - I am always happy to help.

The problem with the firestation.script I have only just now solved (I will test a bit further to make sure).

The call patrol car script, I have set up so it will call LAPD, CHP, LASD, LAPP, LAAP - which every police unit is closest (cross service co-operation). I have disabled the purchse units component of the scripts so that I have to rely on the resources on the map. Also the original police station parking is unused so any other unit called onto the map can use those parking spaces to park and drop off criminals. The vehicles that are parking at the police station will still offload criminals to the policestation, when they return.

Take care

Shane

Guest madforce

I like where your going.

Quick question, I typically use a single freestanding BC hotkeyed for most my dispatch needs, any thoughts about adding commands for the additional units on the BC?

For freeplay purposes a Police Chief for dispatching the Bomb Squad, Swat teams would be nice too, but all that may require too much additional scripting if we ever want to see it.

Regardless, I like what you've both done. It's exactly in line with what i was working towards, even limiting the purchases to whats on map. Nicely done, i look forward to it. For me will be LA Mod Plus.

Darn and this is something looking good. I like the look of the firehouse1, is there anyway though to place something behind the USAR truck in the station??? maybe another one, or something i want to do that in my own little submod or fix of the map but cant find out how or why to get it to spawn there...

Guest madforce
Darn and this is something looking good. I like the look of the firehouse1, is there anyway though to place something behind the USAR truck in the station??? maybe another one, or something i want to do that in my own little submod or fix of the map but cant find out how or why to get it to spawn there...

It's in the firestationstart.script that controls the spawning, but I believe that bay was intended for only one vehicle, so You'd have to add some VO's and edit several scripts to get it to house 2 different vehicles at spawn and to return and be called back out again. Since I overwrote my edited map, I just added the JoL to the ALS Engine till I get the HEV back at the station.

I anticipate that eventually it would be up for release if they so decide as it stays true to LA and is essentially what I call a plus pack, LA Mod Plus ;D, and I'm anxious to see it cause it incorporates alot of the edits and wish list things I had been working on.

Hi all,

The idea of the "private mod", relates to the fact that we make these changes to the mod to make it perform more in line with how we would like the game to operate. In our eyes, we are taking a great game and making it better - tailor made for the individual. Whilst most, if not all, of us are happy to share our work with you - there is no sense in re-inventing the wheel. It is important to remember that the changes that we have made are all based on Hoppah's original (and hard) work. Before anything can be released, it has to be approved by Hoppah. Ultimately, it is his work that we have just made some changes to. Should he allow the work to be released for general distribution, then I am sure the necessary downloads will become available in due course.

Take care

Shane

You can fit 2 USAR trucks in FS1, however, you cant say place a HES behind the USAR and have it leave through the rear of the station.

Hi all,

The idea of the "private mod", relates to the fact that we make these changes to the mod to make it perform more in line with how we would like the game to operate. In our eyes, we are taking a great game and making it better - tailor made for the individual. Whilst most, if not all, of us are happy to share our work with you - there is no sense in re-inventing the wheel. It is important to remember that the changes that we have made are all based on Hoppah's original (and hard) work. Before anything can be released, it has to be approved by Hoppah. Ultimately, it is his work that we have just made some changes to. Should he allow the work to be released for general distribution, then I am sure the necessary downloads will become available in due course.

Take care

Shane

Well said Shane, well said.

Alright im finally getting around to working on this again. My first order of business is tweaking the bc call script a bit. Thanks to Shane's Magnificent work, I am using his call tower light force command, however I decided to do mine a bit different. Instead of dispatching the tower and ALS from station 2, it sends the tower from FS2 and a BLS from Station 2 providing me with engines left over at each station should another fire break out.

I am also thinking of scrapping the LASD station and doing some construction surrounding the LAPD station. I would love to increase the parking lot size but as some of you know one the map textural is in the game there's no way to convert it back to an editable format.

Still trying to fix the problem at FS2 with units walking through the walls.

Some other things are in the works to. ;)