Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Guest Medic870
Confirmed and added two extra bugs to the start post:

- Chase command: Can chase emergency personnel

- When it starts raining on any of the freeplay maps it never stops raining again

I have also checked out the bridge. My vehicles and personnel can access the bridge as they should be. The only difference I noticed is that it takes a bit longer for the personnel to respond when you send them to the bridge. Other than that it seems to work fine.

My my mouse cursur almost hit the DELETE key of your post. I suppose you are talking about the patch for v1.9? It has been tested thorougly and seems to work fine. Did you try to reinstall the mod already? And what game version do you have? It seems like 911:FR is having more problems with the mod than EM4 and EM4 Deluxe...

im sorry but I installed it like 3 times and it says its not installed its LA Mod 1.9 and i have 911 FR.

I dont know if some one has posted this yet but at fire station 1 units can walk through the doors when the are closed

Already happened in every previous version of the LA mod. Besides making the station bigger, I can't really do much about that. But I don't think it's that annoying.

Clicking "New Campaign" would have caused that problem.

yes but this also happens if you try to play the 11th mission, you can play all of the others without problem.

And you do appear in the mod you're the U.S. Army General (Hope you don't mind but I kinda accidentaly destroyed your limo.

where? in the mission?

Any problem related to the Los Angeles Mod can be posted in this topic. You can also post possible bugs here.

List with all reported and confirmed bugs below:

LA mod v1.9 bugs:

- New map: Several areas where traffic can get stuck.

- New map: The cars from a car accident near LA river explode almost immediatly when that event happens

- New map: Pawn Shop building has wrong physics (they block more than they have to)

- Chase command: Officers do not get rid of their equipment.

- Chase command: Can chase emergency personnel

- Chase command: Does not work with the unmarked car.

- When it starts raining on any of the freeplay maps it never stops raining again

- Diver not available in mission 7 (Police chase ends in tragedy)

- When the fire engine is not present in FS2, the HAZMAT squad parks wrong.

Multiplayer:

- Using the chase command officers are invisible as soon they get out of the car.

I have a bunch of bugs to report. First, my campain never saves at all. Second, there's never a thrid ambluance or a second ALS and BLS engine in station one. Thrid, it either freezes on me or gets really slow almost immeadently after I start the game. And maybe fourth, I thought station one housed the tiller automadically.

I have a bunch of bugs to report. First, my campain never saves at all. Second, there's never a thrid ambluance or a second ALS and BLS engine in station one. Thrid, it either freezes on me or gets really slow almost immeadently after I start the game. And maybe fourth, I thought station one housed the tiller automadically.

1. Not going to answer.. I don't know whats wrong there..

2. At the start of freeplay you have to call in those units off map to place them there.. It's not a bug.

3. Maybe your system is not fast enough, lower the settings perhaps?

4. It does not, you have to call ladder one out of station to HQ, or where ever, then call the tiller on map, and send it to the station

Guest madforce

First thing i have to say, is great mod. Love it.

Trying to work thru the jams, only way i know at this point is to just send a unit and drop cones at a few spawn points just to halt that flow. Hate it, but otherwise the map just gets log jammed all to hell (Edit: I tend to play endless for hours at a time, and once you get so far into it, I have to ignore a few calls and just focus on trying to clear traffic which i never can quite do completely, even intentionally destroying a few cars and tow them away just to get the immovable object gone). lol. Redirecting cars if there is an accident just makes matters worse 10-fold, which sucks even worse cause bascially you kinda just have to take that element away from freeplay.

-----As for my bug, I'm not sure if its been mentioned, but I didn't see it in the main post, and no I haven't skimmed all 10+ pages looking, so my apologies if it has been. If I have more ALS or BLS than will fit in a station, the extra units are supposed to go on patrol, however, they always end up stacking up in the parking lot and never make it back to a road to path on.

I have no other mods, and i have applied the patch.

1. Not going to answer.. I don't know whats wrong there..

2. At the start of freeplay you have to call in those units off map to place them there.. It's not a bug.

3. Maybe your system is not fast enough, lower the settings perhaps?

4. It does not, you have to call ladder one out of station to HQ, or where ever, then call the tiller on map, and send it to the station

Ok, I'll try lowering my settings. Thanks

Possible bug: I tried sending my towtruck to HQ from the accident behind the police station and it was heading off the map toward the bridge and it jackknifed once it got to the beginning of the bridge. none of my vehicles can drive onto the bridge because I tried sending other units onto it and no luck. I have no issues with traffic jams or traffic crossing it, just the emergency / tec units.

EDIT: Ok, not sure why, but towtruck seems to be goin to HQ perfectly fine now going over the bridge. Maybe its just a hit and miss deal.

Never had a problem for me.

For the traffic problem I send out 2 motorcycle cops at the start of the game. One to the main intersection where the two 4 lane roads meet and one to the intersection on the west/left side of the map where the yellow truck gets stuck by the rail road tracks. I typically set up the cop to redirect the south bound traffic the whole game and this avoids having to check the intersection every 5 minuets.

That's Funny, I do the very same thing and it works. But I get where the vehicle wants to turn left from right lane and sometimes I can't get the vehicles to move on.

Ok i am in free play mode what is the big yellow bus,they cause traffic jams but i can control them.My last question is the chase mode in the free play? because I only see it on the helicopter.

The chase command is in Freeplay mode as i have used it successfully a number of times. click on a patrol car and then the icon is in the bottom right corner of the menu. I am at work at the moment so i don't have it in front of me at this point in time to give a better description of it.

Cheers

Aaron (Hairyman)

I prefer sunny weather! Lets turn the rain off? :rolleyes:

Yes please stop the rain..........California does not get that much rain.

Hey Hoppah, could you send me a pm with a file to slow down of the amount of rain? Like barely rain?