Hoppah

Replacing a vehicle in one of the fire stations

Hey guys,

First of all, I'm newbie in scripting, but this tutorial helped me a lot. I Managed to switch USAR with 3x HES, including VO, but I cannot manage to get all three to return to FS, only one goes there and 2 others goes to HQ.

Second i changed HAZMAT for Brush, but i cannot manage to get BC to call Brush from FS2 insted of buying from HQ.

Both vehicles, HES and Brush, have RTFS command, HES have even patrol command (Couldn't help it, had to try :)). Brush returns fine.

Hey guys whats up. Not to barge in here and make my own questions more important or anything, but I figured this one was the perfect one to ask my question in. I am currently adding things to freeplay on my game. I am taking all of the civilian cars out of the police station, spawning police cars there, adding a spawn point to the police station, and would very much like to spawn police officers at the station and have them auto staff the police cars. It's pretty much the same scripting as the fire stations just for the police station and I already am working on it and have ideas on how to do it... it may work it may not who knows but so far everything i've done has worked and i now have a ton of police cars ready to go rather than having to spawn my own. I am working on the spawn point as we speak putting it in the station and scripting it. also am going to add a control panel to the police station. The dilemma I'm facing though is how exactly to spawn the police officers. you know how for the firefighters it's like 1 for a paramedic, 3 for a basic FF 6 for the HAZMAT FFs. My question to you all is....................................... what number is associated with police officers if any at all??? and how do you find out these numbers?? is it merely a process of cycling through numbers and loading up the game until you find the one you want?? or is there a way to assign these numbers to the personnel and if so how?? any and all help is very much appreciated. please reply to this message ASAP thanks!!

Hey everyone i've been playing la mod since it first came out. I have recently decided to try to mess with the scripts and replace some vehicles so far i have been able to replace the Hazmat for the HES and have 4 usar ff start in the truck but i can't get it to go back to the fire station i followed the instructions in the post as well as the step by step that someone left for chris on here every time i tell the HES to go back to FS it states this unit does not belong in the FS included is a copy of my scripts thanks for any help you can provide

Scripts.zip

Okey, so far so good....

I managed to get the Hazmat replaced with the Arial Ladder. When the game starts everything worked properly.

The truck spawns in the right position and with the right personal but when I tried to send the truck back to the firestation

it says: "no place at firestation[...]" allthough the bay at FS2 is empty.

My question is how do I have to manage/change the scriptsfiles that the Arial Ladder returns to FS2?

I would appreciate any help thanks.

Guest Firefighter85

I'm also having the same issue. I'm using the LA 4x4 mod, and attempted to replace the tiller with a 2nd aerial. Everything works great, but for some reason the original aerial from station 2 now attempts to park at station 1. I've checked the scripts and can't seem to find an error, and any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone i've been playing la mod since it first came out. I have recently decided to try to mess with the scripts and replace some vehicles so far i have been able to replace the Hazmat for the HES and have 4 usar ff start in the truck but i can't get it to go back to the fire station i followed the instructions in the post as well as the step by step that someone left for chris on here every time i tell the HES to go back to FS it states this unit does not belong in the FS included is a copy of my scripts thanks for any help you can provide

Not sure if you have it fixed or not, but the only problem I see in your scripts in in the LAToFireStation script at the top, you forgot to add a "p" at the end of the line. Just add that letter at the end so it reads .e4p and should work because I checked everything else and it looked good.

One problem I ran into was when I go into the Editor and add the To Fire Station Command to the truck I want... it does not stay there. If you get another one of the same truck it is not there. How doy ou save the command into the truck?

Make sure at the bottom it is autosaved. Any changes made will automatically save if it is checked. Only thing I can think of at the moment.

Okey, so far so good....

I managed to get the Hazmat replaced with the Arial Ladder. When the game starts everything worked properly.

The truck spawns in the right position and with the right personal but when I tried to send the truck back to the firestation

it says: "no place at firestation[...]" allthough the bay at FS2 is empty.

My question is how do I have to manage/change the scriptsfiles that the Arial Ladder returns to FS2?

I would appreciate any help thanks.

In order to even send the ladder back to FS2, you must of made changes to the script. You have a error in your scripts somewhere. Just double check everything you did and make sure they are correct and if you need something to compare it with, crsmedic's script is good except for missing that letter. Just search for Hazmat in the find button and you should be able to compare them and see if you accidentally forgot something.

I'm also having the same issue. I'm using the LA 4x4 mod, and attempted to replace the tiller with a 2nd aerial. Everything works great, but for some reason the original aerial from station 2 now attempts to park at station 1. I've checked the scripts and can't seem to find an error, and any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.

That's complicated and I already made a working script for someone on this in the past. I would look through this forum and see if you can locate me posting it. I will also look in my folder to see if I still have it. Basically, you have to set up the script like engine 1 is in the original LA Mod. Just copy engine 1's script and remove the second engine and change the virtual objects and object names and should work. It was a pain at first when I atttempted it but it was too difficult once I figured it out. Remember, trial and error is the key so just before asking for help, try to find the mistakes or what could be causing the issue you may have with it.

One problem I ran into was when I go into the Editor and add the To Fire Station Command to the truck I want... it does not stay there. If you get another one of the same truck it is not there. How doy ou save the command into the truck?

When you add that command, click on the "Apply to all of this prototype" button, or something like that :)

I was successfull! :cheers:

Thanks jsutton for the little hint you gave me. I took crsmedic's script and an old one by Shane Green I guess and compared them to my version. During this process I found the mistake I made.

I was so motivate that after that I also did some minor changes in the staffing for example added scubagear to the BSL Engines ( see first page of this tread) etc.

All files are fully campatible with LA MOd 2.1. I will attach them so you can use them.

I also made a second Version where I replaced the Abulance in FS2 with the Heavy Equipment Squad. Be sure to add the GoToFirestation command to the vehicle in the Editor if you use this version.

All files are fully campatible with LA Mod 2.1. I will attach them so you can use them if that is not a problem. :happy:

grettings

Script with Ladder.rar

Script with Ladder and HES.rar

i was still wondering if anyone knew how to replace the engine at station 2 with the water tender...basically what i want is:

Station 1: Engine 1x2

Engine 2x2

Heavy Rescue

Quint

Ambulance x3

Station 2: Ambulance

Water Tender

Squad

Ive managed to get the squad and ambulance in station 2, the only thing im having problems with is replacing the engine with the tender without messing up the engines at station 1 as well.

Hello,

I am looking for some assistance about changing some station set-ups. I have the LA Mod 1.0.9 4x4 and what I would like to do is, in fire station 2 I would like to take out engine 17 and put in another engine 2. I have gotten the correct engine to spawn in the correct place but when I try to make the engine return to the fire station. It says that there is no room and it returns to base. I am not sure what I have done wrong but if someone would be so kind to tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it or fix the file and send it back to me I would very much appreciate it. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have an answer for me. I have attached the files that I think needed to be changed.

Thank you for your time.

Scripts.rar

i was still wondering if anyone knew how to replace the engine at station 2 with the water tender...basically what i want is:

Station 1: Engine 1x2

Engine 2x2

Heavy Rescue

Quint

Ambulance x3

Station 2: Ambulance

Water Tender

Squad

Ive managed to get the squad and ambulance in station 2, the only thing im having problems with is replacing the engine with the tender without messing up the engines at station 1 as well.

I'll make a tutorial for you sometime today unless you already have figured it out.

Hello,

I am looking for some assistance about changing some station set-ups. I have the LA Mod 1.0.9 4x4 and what I would like to do is, in fire station 2 I would like to take out engine 17 and put in another engine 2. I have gotten the correct engine to spawn in the correct place but when I try to make the engine return to the fire station. It says that there is no room and it returns to base. I am not sure what I have done wrong but if someone would be so kind to tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it or fix the file and send it back to me I would very much appreciate it. Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have an answer for me. I have attached the files that I think needed to be changed.

Thank you for your time.

Well Justin, A for effort for sure. Of course, LAtoFireStation script is your problem. Anytime you have returning to station issues, this is the script you look at. The way you edited your script, your confusing the script. Right now, your telling the script, you want to send engine02 to station one and you want to send engine04 to station one and station two. The script is only equipped to send one engine to one virtual object so engine04 can't go to two virtual objects. That's why in the engine01 coding, you seen engine01, engine03, engine05. Engine05 was the engine being sent to the second station. You may experience problems returning engine 1 to station as well because your missing a piece for that.

So your problem with the script is, you removed engine05 from code. This is a medium fix. I'll have it fixed tomorrow for you unless someone else has already fixed it for you.

Well Justin, A for effort for sure. Of course, LAtoFireStation script is your problem. Anytime you have returning to station issues, this is the script you look at. The way you edited your script, your confusing the script. Right now, your telling the script, you want to send engine02 to station one and you want to send engine04 to station one and station two. The script is only equipped to send one engine to one virtual object so engine04 can't go to two virtual objects. That's why in the engine01 coding, you seen engine01, engine03, engine05. Engine05 was the engine being sent to the second station. You may experience problems returning engine 1 to station as well because your missing a piece for that.

So your problem with the script is, you removed engine05 from code. This is a medium fix. I'll have it fixed tomorrow for you unless someone else has already fixed it for you.

Thank you very much!

I changed the hazmat truck for the brush tuck. I made sure that it spawned at fs2, which works. I added the tofirestation code to the brushtruck and removed it from the hazmat truck and changed the code to what jsutton told someone else to do. When I tell the brush truck to go to go to station it says "This vehical doesn't belong in the fire station!" Can you help me!

Thanks

Ginger303

So ive managed to replace the engine at FS2 with the water tender... The water tender spawns there with proper crew.... I went into the editor and added the "return to firestation" command to the water tender...

I also added a section to the ToFireStation script that should of made the tender return to FS2... Yet for some reason when i click on return to firestation, it still says "Vehicle Does not belong at firestation"...

Can anyone help me out with a ToFireStation script that gets the water tender to return to FS2?

I want to have another fire engine in the place of the hazmat truck in fire station 2. I have a lot of programimng knowledge, but i dont know where to look for the files. If you give the location of where the files are I will be very happy.

Thx

Ginger

1. Find your emergency 4 or 911 first responders mod folder

2. Click LA mod

3. Scripts

4. Game

5. Command

Then there will be your scripts.

So ive managed to replace the engine at FS2 with the water tender... The water tender spawns there with proper crew.... I went into the editor and added the "return to firestation" command to the water tender...

I also added a section to the ToFireStation script that should of made the tender return to FS2... Yet for some reason when i click on return to firestation, it still says "Vehicle Does not belong at firestation"...

Can anyone help me out with a ToFireStation script that gets the water tender to return to FS2?

You need to relate the virtual object to the prototype in ToFireStation script just like the FireStationStart script.  Make sure it matches the prototype file and not the model.

Ok. I have been playing around with replacing the Ladder at Station 1 with the Tiller and the HAZMAT at Station 2 with the Ladder in LA v2.1. I have sucessfully made the Tiller  and the Ladder to Spawn at the two stations but have not been able to get the Ladder to return to station 2. I have spent days playing with the scripts and can not figure it out.  I have attached the scripts in the hope that maybe someone can take a look and point me in the right direction............

LA2.1 Script.zip

You had duplicated constants for the Ladder prototype in your scripts. I made sure to replace all HAZMAT references with Ladder and removed any duplicates. You also had Ladder and the Tiller in the same spot in LAToFireStation, before the replaced HAZMAT lines, so it would still try to send the ladder to FS1 instead, so I fixed that. Hopefully the issue will be sorted out.

LA2.1 Script.rar

Ok....Thanks for looking at it..... I appreciate the help.....

However, when the Ladder returns to Station 2 and goes to enter the station it pulls up the the rear gate and the gate fails to open and says "There is no room in the station"  the Ladder then drives off map.

I looked through the LAFireStation script but did not see anything the stood out that would be causing it The gate information looks good to me .I assume that is were the information is that tells if the bay is occupied or not...