Hoppah

Replacing a vehicle in one of the fire stations

Is there a program that I need in order to edit the files?

You can use Notepad which is stock on all computers or you can download Notepad 2 or any editing program like that. I prefer Notepad2 which you download from the internet.

Guest nbrown8568

I am using LA Mod 4x4. I changed out the Brush Unit for LEV at Sta. 2 I also added the topolicestation button to the Bomb Squad SUV. I would like to replace Engine 17 with the Engine that is at Sta 2 in the original LA Mod.

Norm,

I am using LA Mod 4x4. I changed out the Brush Unit for LEV at Sta. 2 I also added the topolicestation button to the Bomb Squad SUV. I would like to replace Engine 17 with the Engine that is at Sta 2 in the original LA Mod.

Norm,

That's going to be a tricky one. I'll look in to it tomorrow and see if I can get you a working script.

Guest nbrown8568

That's going to be a tricky one. I'll look in to it tomorrow and see if I can get you a working script.

Thnx I really don't like Engine 17. (no offense to it's maker lol)

Norm,

Thnx I really don't like Engine 17. (no offense to it's maker lol)

Norm,

Maybe on tomorrow I will give the bomb squad suv it's own spot.

Norm,

1) no double posting please, just edit the first one. It helps free up space on each page.

2) I'll make the script then I want to test it a few times before I give it to you. So it will prob be Friday until I get the script to you. (I work 2 jobs and also have some personal business to attend tomorrow night or I would have it done by tomorrow.)

Guest nbrown8568

1) no double posting please, just edit the first one. It helps free up space on each page.

2) I'll make the script then I want to test it a few times before I give it to you. So it will prob be Friday until I get the script to you. (I work 2 jobs and also have some personal business to attend tomorrow night or I would have it done by tomorrow.)

oops, sorry about that.

:sorrysign:

No rush, I'm working on getting better at scripting.

oops, sorry about that.

:sorrysign:

No rush, I'm working on getting better at scripting.

Upload your LAFIreStation, LAToFireStation, and LAFireStationStart scripts in a zip file please. You made changes to your scripts and i don't want to mess them up or overwrite them when I get done with your script.

i got this : Script Error (LAFireStationf8abd): Error: Symbol OBJ_USAR is not defined in current slops.

When I tried to replace the USAR with the foam tender

I think you may of misspelled something or forgot to add a quotation / semi colon. At the top of the script it should read this:

const char OBJ_USAR[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/water_tender.e4p";

If that is correct, just repeat what you did to make sure everything looks right.

Guest nbrown8568

Upload your LAFIreStation, LAToFireStation, and LAFireStationStart scripts in a zip file please. You made changes to your scripts and i don't want to mess them up or overwrite them when I get done with your script.

Here is my script. Thanx, you have really been a great help to all of us. Without your help I would have never attempted to alter any script. I have seen what myself and others have done. Thank You so much.

:cheers-mate::cheers:

Norm\'s LA Mod 4x4.zip

Here is my script. Thanx, you have really been a great help to all of us. Without your help I would have never attempted to alter any script. I have seen what myself and others have done. Thank You so much.

:cheers-mate::cheers:

Alright, here is the file. Engine01 should return to both station 1 and station 2 without a problem. I tested it on my own copy and had no issues. Your LRA and SWR issue should be fixed as well.

On the engines, I used the Engine01 script I included with the files so you can see what it looks like and just deleted the engine017 codes. The only 2 files needed to be edited was FireStationStart so you can have the engine be there when you start the game instead of the engine17 and of course the ToFireStation which I showed you what I changed to make it work.

Norm\'s LA Mod 4x4.zip

Guest nbrown8568

Alright, here is the file. Engine01 should return to both station 1 and station 2 without a problem. I tested it on my own copy and had no issues. Your LRA and SWR issue should be fixed as well.

Thanks a million, it works perfectly. :cheers-mate: I will also use this in my own mod that I am trying to make.

Norm,

I now have problems with Engine 3, when I send it back to the station it says it does not belong in the station.

Edited by nbrown8568

Hey guys, i recently moved the LEV to station 2 in place of the HAZMAT rig. Everything works fine up until the LEV returns to the station. It will arrive at the rear door and instead of opening i get a message that states "(_LaFireStation8cb4):Error: Symbol OBJ_Light_Equipment_Truck is not defined in the current scope". then i get three choices to choose from, either i can abort(end the game), retry, or ignore. I retried and i got a diffrent message that said there was an error in the 2003 line of the LaFireStation script. i hit retry again and i got a message saying something involving a dictionary rewound. i click retry again and it says error recovered and it returns to the game with the LEV pulling into the station without the door opening. the ff/pm get out and i go through the error message process one more time and then all is good until the LEV returns again. ive gone over the LaFireStation script for 3 hours now and i am stumped if anyone could help me out, it would be much appraiacted, Thanks! ps it wont let me attach my file to share so i will repost with just the file if requested

tested it again except i retuned the engine in station two to quarters and the same message appeared saying that the OBJ_light_equipment_truck is not defined in scope and none of the rear doors will open at station two if anyone might know what i have done wrong please let me know so i can fix this problem

Edited by wb135

I'm using the 4x4 mod and I replaced the engine 17 in station 2 with the large rescue ambulance. The only thing I don't know how to do is to make it return to station 2, it only goes back to station 1(Which it can't because it's full) I've got the staffing and everything done, it's in the station when I start I just need it to return there

Thanks a million, it works perfectly. :cheers-mate: I will also use this in my own mod that I am trying to make.

Norm,

I now have problems with Engine 3, when I send it back to the station it says it does not belong in the station.

I've still got your scripts so I will take a look at them and see if I may have made a mistake. Sorry for the late response, I have been real busy and I haven't been able to check the forums as often as I want to.

** I think I have the problem fixed now. I uploaded your scripts again and just replace them if you haven't made any other changes yet. It turns out, I think I accidentally put the wrong "turnto" numbers in the second set of coding but it should be fixed now. If not, let me know. **

Hey guys, i recently moved the LEV to station 2 in place of the HAZMAT rig. Everything works fine up until the LEV returns to the station. It will arrive at the rear door and instead of opening i get a message that states "(_LaFireStation8cb4):Error: Symbol OBJ_Light_Equipment_Truck is not defined in the current scope". then i get three choices to choose from, either i can abort(end the game), retry, or ignore. I retried and i got a diffrent message that said there was an error in the 2003 line of the LaFireStation script. i hit retry again and i got a message saying something involving a dictionary rewound. i click retry again and it says error recovered and it returns to the game with the LEV pulling into the station without the door opening. the ff/pm get out and i go through the error message process one more time and then all is good until the LEV returns again. ive gone over the LaFireStation script for 3 hours now and i am stumped if anyone could help me out, it would be much appraiacted, Thanks! ps it wont let me attach my file to share so i will repost with just the file if requested

tested it again except i retuned the engine in station two to quarters and the same message appeared saying that the OBJ_light_equipment_truck is not defined in scope and none of the rear doors will open at station two if anyone might know what i have done wrong please let me know so i can fix this problem

I think the error is saying you do not have a object listed at the top of the script. I would advise changing it to OBJ_LEV or OBJ_LET to make it a little easier to work with. At the top, you should have

const char OBJ_LET[]				= "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/light_equipment_squad.e4p";

If that is present, then your problem lays in the coding. If it does, copy the short code and past it in coding brackets when you post them because its a easy fix and we kinda just need to see it to tell you exactly where the mistake lies at.

I'm using the 4x4 mod and I replaced the engine 17 in station 2 with the large rescue ambulance. The only thing I don't know how to do is to make it return to station 2, it only goes back to station 1(Which it can't because it's full) I've got the staffing and everything done, it's in the station when I start I just need it to return there

I'm assuming you didn't change the LRA coding from Station One and that is why it wants to do that? Delete the old LRA coding in all 3 scripts so it will quit going to fire station one. If you want it to return to station one and station two, that will require a little more extra work.

Norm\'s LA Mod 4x4.zip

Guest nbrown8568

I've still got your scripts so I will take a look at them and see if I may have made a mistake. Sorry for the late response, I have been real busy and I haven't been able to check the forums as often as I want to.

** I think I have the problem fixed now. I uploaded your scripts again and just replace them if you haven't made any other changes yet. It turns out, I think I accidentally put the wrong "turnto" numbers in the second set of coding but it should be fixed now. If not, let me know. **

Thax I will check it in the morning before I go to class. I hate summer session.

Norm,

Hey,

I have been playing around with the LA battalion script trying to get it so when you call an ambulance it responds either 2 FF (BLS) or 2 ALS FF but it seems not to be working. I believe I have edited the right code but it seems not to be working.

can someone have a look at it please and let me know or make the proper changes. Thanks.

Hey,

I have been playing around with the LA battalion script trying to get it so when you call an ambulance it responds either 2 FF (BLS) or 2 ALS FF but it seems not to be working. I believe I have edited the right code but it seems not to be working.

can someone have a look at it please and let me know or make the proper changes. Thanks.

I've never been able to figure out the LABattalion script yet so unfortunately I'm no help atm. From a brief look at the script of mine, I think I know what needs to be changed though and I will check it out tomorrow night. If you want people to look at it, I would put it in a .zip folder and upload it.

I thought that I had the zip file in it... I guess I was wrong. hmmm on another thought it won't let me load it so I am gonna copy and paste where it is.

Ok, here is what I think. The battalion script is a call script which just calls the units. It doesn't control the personnel who is called to the unit because when it calls for let's say the ALS ambulance, the battalion script tells the LAFireStation script that it wants Ambulance01 and will use it's personnel that its assigned to. So pretty much, you would just edit the LAFireStation script instead of the Battalion script.

Does that make sense?

Soo ive managed to replace my HAZMAT squad at FS2 with the Light equipment truck and the BLS ambulance there with the large rescue ambulance... I was wondering if theres anyway to replace the Engine at FS2 with a Water Tender??? Ive messed around with the scripts quite a bit but i cant seem to change the scripts for the engines at all.

actuallly.... i wanna figure out a way to switch out engine #5 (the engine at FS2) with any other unit like you can with the other trucks at FS2... it seems its coded in with the other engines at FS1 so if you change the engine at FS2 its going to change them at FS1 too...

Basically what i want is

Firestation 1:

3 ambulance

1 USAR

1 ladder

2 engine 1

2 engine 2

Firestation 2:

1 Large rescue ambulance

1 Water Tender

1 ladder

Does anyone know how this can be scripted for??? ive tried and tried but keep messing something up on the Tofirestation script.