Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

Guest Hanover Firefighter

I don't know if this was brought up but on accidents is anything going to be changed? Realistically speaking, its rare to have entrapments in vehicles (escpecially in low speed areas)

I don't know if this was brought up but on accidents is anything going to be changed? Realistically speaking, its rare to have entrapments in vehicles (escpecially in low speed areas)

I am not in the fase where I am going to add accidents yet, but I'll take this into consideration.

I am not in the fase where I am going to add accidents yet, but I'll take this into consideration.

Thank you, maybe a quick extrication on some wrecks, like pop the door with a haligen tool in like a second. That would be way more realistic, then sometimes you need the jaws of life. Possiably with a generator.

Mike

CCFES

Yes you're exactly right that is how you have to redirect traffic effectively, if you don't they will run into one another and become quite messy fairly fast.... Depending on the road layout IF it is long enough it may not apply to all, but with ours it definately will due to the spawn point locations vs the length of the road. Generally to avoid frustration i'd do that same behavior on ALL 4 lane roads, cops/cars can only redirect ONE lane at a time, not multiple lanes due to how paths work.

Is there anyway you can make lights red without making the others green? If that was able to happen then this whole problem would be avoidable in the first place, since all the cars in the intersection would have time to go through before the other turned green.

I wonder if it's possible to make traffic accidents with no injuries too.

I don't think we can script that onto the freeplay map... it might be possible though, and it should be possible on a mission I'm pretty sure... the problem is that let's say hypothetically you did that you'd still have to worry about how the traffic spawns if you were to hit the spawn points traffic would fail to function anymore if it backed up that far... You can't use the light to change the traffic pattern (the paths they follow) so all you would be doing is holding them in a "stop" just as if you put cops there anyway.

Yes, it is entirely possible to have traffic accidents without injuries and without extrication being required. Being able to choose a type of extraction and all that crap is realistic but this is a game so no we can't do all that. All that would be required is the wrecked vehicles, unoccupied and if you wanted it to be realistic just have people spawn with the accident standing there instead of hurt, sometimes you have them laying on the pavement injured, same deal except they are not injured... easy enough to do.

That is still a good way off before we have to worry about all of that, but it will probrably be mixed with some extrications and some not, depending on the "structure" of the accident.

:rolleyes: My mod by the way was neglected for so long by everyone, nobody would adopt it so it turned to a life of crack and theft to survive now it's serving 25 to life in the department of corrections :mug:

:rolleyes: My mod by the way was neglected for so long by everyone, nobody would adopt it so it turned to a life of crack and theft to survive now it's serving 25 to life in the department of corrections :mug:

Not to go off topic here, but what exactly is your mod? :P

And where can one find it?

It's an old joke that he has had in his Sig for a while.

@ Mikey, I do, do a lot of correctional stuff, so I'm good to help him back to the clean life, and maybe even early parole!

ON-TOPIC: I think there should be a mix of extrication and not, because I hate having everything all set up, ready to clear out, then I noticed I can't tow because someone is trapped inside.. I learnt after a while, but it was a real bummer at first, having to bring extrications to every call.. It's good to hear that there will be variations.. It'll add to the randomization (sorry couldn't find the word I was looking for) of the emergencies :)

It's an old joke that he has had in his Sig for a while.

@ Mikey, I do, do a lot of correctional stuff, so I'm good to help him back to the clean life, and maybe even early parole!

ON-TOPIC: I think there should be a mix of extrication and not, because I hate having everything all set up, ready to clear out, then I noticed I can't tow because someone is trapped inside.. I learnt after a while, but it was a real bummer at first, having to bring extrications to every call.. It's good to hear that there will be variations.. It'll add to the randomization (sorry couldn't find the word I was looking for) of the emergencies :)

i agree it would be more realistic since alot of accidents dont have inuries or serious injuries with entrapment and then you would just have lapd or chp respond and clear the vehicle much easier than the urban rescue squad paramedics etc.

I like alot of extractions. I mean sure it would be nice to have some sort of alternative where some one was say just trapped and the FFs could simply pull them out but since its not an option I think alot extractions are as real as it can get.

Heres an idea, since car fires are possible combine this with wrecks. If fire personnel are not on scene quick enough to extinguish the fire then BOOM and you are now faced with even more casualties.

Generally I think a blend is the best solution, some you just need to show up and tow away, some will require extracation, some the injured will be out of the vehicle already, some will have fire risk.... That gives the most variety and makes the whole affair less "predictable" on what you require on scene.

Generally I think a blend is the best solution, some you just need to show up and tow away, some will require extracation, some the injured will be out of the vehicle already, some will have fire risk.... That gives the most variety and makes the whole affair less "predictable" on what you require on scene.

To the best of my recolection none of the current maps have fire risk at wrecks. You may get a vehicle fire but never as part of a vehicle collision right?

I wonder... would there be a way

for the fire risk ones, what if you made the debris around it flammable, or even a gas puddle... A lot of the time, if the gas tank is punctured that will be everywhere... Would be a pretty cool thing to deal with too!

Gas leaks would be perfect. Similar to on EM3 the mission that the tanker crashes into the house. If you do it right the gas trail never gets fully ignited.

Yea Bro great idea! :12:

Mike

CCFES PIO

To the best of my recolection none of the current maps have fire risk at wrecks. You may get a vehicle fire but never as part of a vehicle collision right?

Gas leaks would be perfect. Similar to on EM3 the mission that the tanker crashes into the house. If you do it right the gas trail never gets fully ignited.

Wrong, I get wrecks with fires. I have 911 FR. Weird

Mike

CCFES PIO

That's odd. I play on Freeplay all the time and I usually end up having to dispatch a fire truck to the wrecks because the cars do go on fire sometimes. Mikey, I don't understand what you mean with the stop thing. What I ment was if the traffic lights all went red for an extra second before allowing the other one to go green, they wouldn't risk getting stuck.

As far as MVAs w/ car fires, typically i would imagine you dispatch an engine to go to the accident, on some accidents the cars will be smoking, if you leave this unattended they explode/ignite. so you do get fires but the engines are on scene and automatically extinguish them before you realise that it was ever on fire

Your wrong as when you see some wreckages, there is smoke. If you don't put it out there will be an explosion. If we are talking about EM4 & 911 FR LA Mod. :cheers-mate:

What map are you guys using then? And where about are these MVA car fires. I have used the LA Mod Freeplay map, LA Mod Deluxe Map, and Woods non-deluxe and deluxe map. None of which I have ever gotten fires at an MVA.

As far as MVAs w/ car fires, typically i would imagine you dispatch an engine to go to the accident, on some accidents the cars will be smoking, if you leave this unattended they explode/ignite. so you do get fires but the engines are on scene and automatically extinguish them before you realise that it was ever on fire

I never dispatch the fire engines for MVA. I have a HES scripted to park out side both stations so when theres an MVA I dispatch the HES and save my fire trucks for the actual fires. The heavy rescue crane is also parked outside that station so in some cases I can just send the HRC since it has the jaws of life and 2 firefighters in it.

For car fires I typically send my engines though just because the deck gun is equipped and saves me having to equip a fire extinguisher.

Guest MonkeySquasher

I get cars that are smoking, too. To my knowledge they never explode, but they do smoke and need to be extinguished. I also have FR911.

I think the idea of various severity of accidents sounds great. I don't know how well a gas leak would work, because you'd have to have triggers for it, but how would you clean it up? Otherwise, how would it ever disappear?

I'd actually like the extrication to take longer, but I couldn't find the timer for it in the scripts so I just let it be.