Hoppah

Project: New Freeplaymap

I think he was mislead by the gas station topic. yes this is about the new freeplay map as the title says

the new map also will replace buildings with more american buildings so the gas station is a part of the map and belongs in this topic

around 2012

Very nice work, Hoppah! :)

BTW, is there any time range in which you plan this to be released? Not trying to bug you or anything :P

It was said that there would be a fire there, maybe even a gas explosion. If that is the case, I definately do NOT want them there.

It would be nice to have room at the new police station to park the bomb squad, FBI, etc., instead of parking at the gas station. Not scripted parking spaces but an area where you could manually park them.

We are NOT adding more added scripted parking for vehicles from the "special" services, there should be available room to park some vehicles manually should you desire to around the police station, but we definately won't add scripted parking for the FBI, that would be more new scripts that really don't do much, it would be no different than giving them their own field office which would just take up even more space.... The map would be like the tutorial map if we gave everyone their bases....

Guest GB619
Um, I'm going to ask somethinga bout vehicle speeds.. Will they remain as slow as they were before, or will they be increased slightly? Just wondering :)

I would have thought the vehicle speeds will remain the same,to make it more of a challenge,because if you increase the vehicle speeds,things like fire wont have time to develop,which would kind of ruin the game

There really is no need to increase the vehicle's speeds, traffic might gain a little bit, but not necessarilly, that depends on how traffic flows.... In reality response times should be better without even touching a thing about how the emergency vehicles drive due to the fact there are drastically less deviations required to make it to anywhere on the map.... If you were smart about deployment on the old map and with the additional fire station it was generally possible to arrive on scene extremely fast just about everywhere, since the map is not growing in size there really is no need to make vehicles go faster to cover the same space in time=)

@ Commander Rasseru, if you mean the textures, not at all, if you mean pathing, it really depends on how you set up the paths... if all lanes go straight and do NOT deviate, it is rather easy, if they turn off for example you can have problems with traffic flow relatively easilly, unfortunately. Human intervention on the 4+ lane roads can easilly make a mess of the traffic patters, not unlike real life actually... you have to do many things differently in order to successfully redirect traffic flows on them due to how the paths must be constructed.

@NFK as I said it depends on how traffic flows, I played with increasing the speed and it did not seem to cause too severe a problem... The question is how it will go with all the traffic lights and such, so whether or not they retain a gainful increase is debatable at this time.... Traffic in this game is more like an orchestra, if there is one simple stupid mistake, it will cause cars to stop comming until you CTD because of a memory bleed.... So that all depends on how the game/map accept it and whether the timing can be retained with the increased pace the trafic takes, like you, I also felt the traffic was a bit sluggish, but we'll see how the game accepts that increase... I worry that if you obstruct/re-route the traffic it might stack up too severely to compensate and the end result would be no traffic untill ya crashed...

@ Commander Rasseru, if you mean the textures, not at all, if you mean pathing, it really depends on how you set up the paths... if all lanes go straight and do NOT deviate, it is rather easy, if they turn off for example you can have problems with traffic flow relatively easilly, unfortunately. Human intervention on the 4+ lane roads can easilly make a mess of the traffic patters, not unlike real life actually... you have to do many things differently in order to successfully redirect traffic flows on them due to how the paths must be constructed.

What? Pathing? That's wasn't even a pathing question...

Commander, I answered as broad as I could but I think I mis-read :P

The floor texture works about the same no matter what, the Double line is just simply two stripes running down instead of a dashed one... I think that's what you wanted to know, the roads are not so small that details like that are difficult to do, the lanes are a decent size so you can do single or double lines pretty easilly on an american scale=) Around a bend it could be rather difficult to do due to blurring effects unfortunately, but generally most the roads we have run straight so it's fairly predictable and easy to continue the Double yellers=)

NFK: last I heard from mike of the photos he was going thru some schoolin and that had him occupied, lately I'm not too sure what he's been up to, but hopefully he's doing well.

Small update on the new civilian cars.

I replaced the former taxi model (Chevrolet Caddilac) with a Ford Crown Victoria. I've also added a couple of new civilians cars.

Screenshot:

carfleet.th.jpg

1. 2006 Ford Econoline by MikeyPI

2. 1994 Chevrolet Caprice by Hoppah

3. 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe by MikeyPI

4. 2002 Honda Accord by MikeyPI

5. 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X by Martijntjuh

6. 2002 Ford Crown Victoria by nfspsd, lash00t0ut & Hoppah

7. 2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan / Limosine by MikeyPI

8. 2007 Dodge Charger by Hoppah

New cars are in production and planned. I hope to add a couple of pick-up trucks soon.

Hoppah

Guest RescueMe

Lol Hoppah you are super, great work and vehicles. Will down big playing after you done and realize everything what you make now. :schreiben:

I hope to understand me :) (Sry for my bad eng)

Regards,

RescueMe

dude awesome!!! cant wait to play, these cars are freakin amazing! btw- as a 'special light' that comes on at night, would it be possible to add like street glow to the underside of a car to make it look like a street racer? i mean like on my own is it possible lol, im not pressuring you