MikeyPI

LA MOD multiplayer/online topic

This topic is to try to get together for LA MOD Online Play:

First, a few things you need to understand before you can play together:

Due to the types of connections many people have, you may not be able to host a game yourself, it will not show up online and/or your IP address does not show as hosting a game when people try to join your game. This is caused by your router trying to protect it's self from incomming traffic, if you are familiar with your router, you can try to permit the game by it, but you must also give people the IP for the router in order for them to play with you. Alternatively, you can use a program Hamachi to play the game online, you simply must join into a network together by providing your hamachi IP address, once everyone who is playing is on the same network in hamachi, you enter the hamachi IP address of the host computer for the game into the Direct IP connection option and join their game.

Ensure that your Files match 100%, you may not change your files, otherwise the game will not permit you to play with one another. The game checks the files to ensure they are the same before allowing people to play together, changing simple things can cause this error so it is recommended you ensure you have the same exact files.

To improve the stability of online play, change your logfile.txt to Read-Only under it's properties. For some reason the log file can make your game crash more often and with the ability to write to it disabled you can play for longer durations without random crashes.

Please post the Date and time you wish to get together here, as well as any other info relevant such as any mods to the modification you are intending to run and things like that. Please bear in mind this topic is not for tech support, so make sure you can host the game before you try to propose that you will be doing so.

I figure this is easier for people who are trying to learn the ropes of hamachi:

I have created a bs service that I will have disabled whenever I don't feel like being a helpdesk to be honest.

****Server Removed****

I will use this merely to teach you how to use hamachi at my convenience, sometimes, if not most the time the network will be unavailable, those who learn from me will be expected to share unto others how it works.

Take care,

mike

me send me your ip with a pm :)

Surprisingly while having problems trying to setup a multiplayer game, i read the 911:FR readme, and i found this:

Maybe this will solve peoples problems and find a resolution to not using Hamachi (Not that there is anything wrong with it)

If you want to play 911: FIRST RESPONDERS in a local network (LAN) or in the internet and if you are using a router

or a firewall, you have to pay attention that the following ports have been unlocked:

- port 80

- port 58282 for TCP (Gameport)

- port 12345 for UDP

If necessary, refer to the manual of your router/firewall!

All i did was add these ports to port mapping on my router and i am waiting for a freind so i can test it

I am sure this will be the same for EM4/EM4 Deluxe.

I'll update this post if this worked.

The best thing to do isn't to try to start a game like on the drop of a dime, but instead set one for a time like 12 noon GMT. Then you can have it set up and good to go. I know from personal experience going in and asking right away, you'[ll probably be sitting all alone in that room for a good while. So basically maybe you should try to set a time up for later on, and make sure to give the timezone too if you choose to do so!

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO PLAY 9/11 FR with Pls PM me

Please don't write in caps on the forum it looks like you're yelling. We hate being yelled at. Your message will com across when writing without caps too.

greetz,