Fisk1

Freeplay style of play

do you have some new maps for los angelos mode 1.8 except 1.2(regular) if you have can you giv me link of this map/s

Last unofficial warning: asking once is enough! There are a few new maps being made, other than that there are no new maps. So please just be patient and wait for the new maps to come out.

greetz,

I'm still amazed by all the different styles of play out there, i'ts really great to see how people appreciate and utilize the options in this great game! :)

Now that version 1.8 is out; is there anyone out there who have found an efficient way of using the Standby-command? I haven't really though of a good use for it yet, exept unclogging my stations... ^^

I think the standby command is a great addition to 1.8,i mainly use this to position a couple PD units around the city,and i equip my USAR engine with a diver,and put that on standby in centre of map,as the diver takes too long to walk from station to truck,must be his floppy feet..lol,and i sometimes place an ambulance or 2 on stanby around the city,this MOD gets more and more realistic with each version,its great

spoiler below,dont read if ya not got 1.8 yet....lol v v v

oh and i do like the addition of the protesters throwing petrol bombs now,thats quite cool

Guest MonkeySquasher
I'm still amazed by all the different styles of play out there, i'ts really great to see how people appreciate and utilize the options in this great game! :)

Now that version 1.8 is out; is there anyone out there who have found an efficient way of using the Standby-command? I haven't really though of a good use for it yet, exept unclogging my stations... ^^

I use Standby much like our EMS in Buffalo... I keep one ambulance in each fire house, but then I keep 4-5 "posted" at certain points around the map. Before, I just had to select the closest one and direct them to the scene. Now I can actually dispatch them like normal. =)

I think the standby command is a great addition to 1.8,i mainly use this to position a couple PD units around the city,and i equip my USAR engine with a diver,and put that on standby in centre of map,as the diver takes too long to walk from station to truck,must be his floppy feet..lol,and i sometimes place an ambulance or 2 on stanby around the city,this MOD gets more and more realistic with each version,its great

spoiler below,dont read if ya not got 1.8 yet....lol v v v

oh and i do like the addition of the protesters throwing petrol bombs now,thats quite cool

The spoiler: They did that before. :popcorn:

Well, here is my events along with what responds to them...which I use the same concept as where I am from, I listed what my area emergency vehicles respond to as well:

Vehicle:

Car Accident: Engine 2 (BLS Engine), USAR fire truck, 2 pd units, enough ambulances as well as towtrucks.

[My area: Engine 3 (Fire engine), Squad 1 or 2 (Equipment), ALS ambulance service (whichever is on duty), 2 police cars, as well as tow when called.]

Car Accident in water: USAR fire truck w/ diver and 1 USAR ff, ALS ambulance, Tow truck, and Fire Dept. Crane

Car Fire: Engine, PD unit, Towtruck.

[My area: Engine 3, Squad 1 or 2, police, and fire chief.]

Fire:

Building Fire: Engine 1, Light force (BLS & Ladder), Battalion, 1 PD unit. [Mutual Aid needed: Rest of my engines, and buy water tender, ladder]

[My Area: Engine 3, Squad 1 or 2, police, fire chief, ambulance on standby. (ladder called if needed) [Mutual Aid: Area fire departments along with Engine 1 and 2.]

Gas Explosion: Engine 1, Light Force, Battalion, PD units [Mutual Aid: Rest of available engines, water tender, ladder]

Small Fire: Engine 2

[My Area: Engine 3]

Forest Fire: 2 USFS Fire engine pumper, Engine as needed, 2 brush trucks. If I am lazy I just send in the airplane.

Medical:

ALS Ambulance

[My Area: Squad 1 or 2, ALS ambulance service.]

Police:

Murder: 1 PD unit, BLS on standby.

Bank Robbery: 1 PD unit, LASD van. Ambulance if needed.

Hostage: Heavy Rescue and FBI, Ambulance on standby.

Shoplifting, Pickpocketing: 1 PD unit.

Demonstrators: SUV w/ swat. Slicktop w/ swat. LASD van. Ambulance on standby.

Suicide [Person in water]: USAR w/ diver and USAR ff, LAPP pd, Boat transporter [for boat], and BLS ambulance.

Suicide [Jumper]: USAR w/ USAR ff, 1 PD unit, LASD van

Disaster:

Earthquake: Fires: I send Engines, Ladder, USAR if needed. Medical: I send EMS supervisor, ambulances. I send PD to all calls that will need traffic control.

Here is what I mainly do at the beginning of freeplay:

1.) Call out LASD van, LASD patrol car, CHP charger (2), CHP patrol car (2), LAPD charger (2), LAPD motorcycle (2). Place van at police station and rest are on patrol. Sometimes I put some of them on standby in areas that have high crime rate.

2.) I call in one more Engine 2 and Engine 1 to put them in Fire Station 1 as well as ALS ambulance.

3.) Put EMS Supervisor and Engineer at the gas station for when I need them to fix vehicles or heal my units.

That's mainly all I do....I'm from a town of 12,000 so we don't have 3 engines and battalion responding to calls etc. as the bigger city does. I listen to scanner as well as watch which fire trucks go out on which calls if I am in the area of fire dept. I'll be working on a mod for my county here soon when I get familiar with the programs and do a few tutorials to learn how to mod and then when I get pictures of the fire trucks, police cars, ambulances etc, I'll post them.

Like many, I assign a BC to stand near the FS1 Control panel and assign him to Hotkey #1. I then send a County squad with 2 Medics and a Diver to the south east corner of the Freeplay map to load up the small boat. After that 2 PD Motor units get assigned to Hotkey 3 and patrol. These guys are my traffic control dudes since motor units can get to places easier and faster then cars. Then I send 3 or 4 PD units, 2 Crown vics, 2 Slicktops usually, out on patrol assigned to hot key 2. When a PD incident comes up, I press 2 and point and voila, units and backup on scene and I still have the 2 motor units patrolling. The next thing I do is send a car with 2 LASD deputies to the hospital for security, and call in a PD helo assigned to #6 to land at the PD station.

I've also edited my freeplay events to suit my wants, and one thing that many of you might enjoy is to edit the <EFPEventFlashStrike> to <DamageRadius value = "5000.0" /> or larger to have a massive fire once in a while. You'll see a huge chunk of your map turn bright red when that hits

Mike.

what boat? :unsure:

Guest Twix623

For me, I set up by Hotkeying the BC like everyone else. I staff all units quickly. I dispatch about 6 police units, with one on standby at a certain point in the city, two on standby at the station and the others on patrol. I'll send both Police and Medvac helicopters to their respective helipads.

I dispatch the EMS Officer in the Crown Vic and put him on patrol as a chase car, so he'll usually arrive on scene first and begin treatment of the patient till BLS/ALS arrives, or I'll use him as backup/support. I like to play realistically, so I leave all EMS units in station till dispatch. BLS/ALS units usually don't go on 'patrol' in my area.

For Fire/Rescue, I send units on the scene realistically as they do in my department. For car accidents I'll send out the Rescue Squad with at least 3 FF's, an engine if necessary, and BLS/ALS units depending on the circumstances. As for Box Alarms and Fires, I'll send out the Rescue Squad, 4-5 Engines, the ladder truck, a BLS/ALS unit on standby, and the Battalion Chief for support. Of course for small fires I'll just send out one engine or at times just the rescue squad for a quick extinguish.

That's really about it, I love the Fire/Rescue portion then anything else, and I try to play as realistically as possible.

Some of you guys play this like it's some kind of a game, or something :P

I try and shoot for realism. I also use Wood's 1.2 map with fixed paths, and I edited my .xml to start with only $10,000 instead of $150,000.

So, officer saftey is first and foremost in my city. I have 2 cruisers on patrol, each with 2 officers. I have 1 LASD officer and a cruiser on call-out in the far north near the camp grounds, 1 motorcycle cop on call-out in the far south and one 2 man police team on foot (no car) in the central area. And that is it. All fire, medical and technician teams are dispatched from the station or HQ. No staging grounds, no patroling fire engines.

I was just wondering, what tactics do you guys use when playing the LAmod freeplay?

I usually start the game off by assigning the Battalion Chief to a hotkey, then I send out two police cruisers and two ALS ambulances to patrol the city.

If I feel like it, I might place a few police cruisers or bikes on certain points around town where I know trouble often arises, and they'll be needed quickly.

When a incident appears, I use my Battalion Chief on the hotkey to assign units to the locations, or if a unit is real close by, I just direct them to it manually.

How do you play? Any interesting tactics, deployments, ways to handle situations etc?

Please feel free to share them! :)

I equipt Station 1 with 2 BLS and 2 ALS Engines. Then I have the USAR Squad, the Ladder, and usaully 3 Vintage Ambulances (I send the ALSs away). I do that with the default persons. I have two of each patrolable Police Units patroling, 2 of each patrolable ambulances patroling, and the Brush, LAcoFD, EMS Superviser car, Battalion Chief SUV, 3 more Vintage Ambulances, and 1 LAX ambulance and 1 LAX CRASH units. Then I have the FBI and Unmarked vehicles anywhere I feel like it with four-way flashers on. I also have several Fire Units anywhere with four-way flashers. I also have the Helicopters on the PD building and the Hospital landing pads. On the water, I have 2 Fire Fighting boats, and several boats ready for deployment.

I tend to take my time on events, and if I have a big one like the Forest Fire, Motor Vehicle Accident, Gas Explosion, etc. followed by small ones, I use one or two units. Any huge events, I use police to keep pedestrians away and flares, cones, directional lights, or officers to stop or redirect traffic. Small events like Heart Attack, Small Fires, etc. I tend to quickly and swiftly, usaully blocking traffic with the units and laying out one or two flares or cones.

My fire units are pretty much how they are origional with no staffing changes but i have put in a fbi HQ with 3 unmarked CV, 2 FBI suv's, and 2 LAPD CV slicktops with one pd officer and 1 fbi agent , each of the fbi suv's act as swat with 4 fbi agents with tactial vests on in it, and the Undercover CV's have 2 fbi agents in each this way i do not need to call in pd, oh and i also changed the cadalic black sedan into a fbi car with lights and sirens and i made the general police chief with all of the call unit commands

Guest Taylor

I put all the vehicles I can into the bigger fire station, throw around a buncha patrol cars and get a couple ambulances to patrol. All helicopters on proper helipads for anything that they are needed for. Sometimes if I'm not lazy, I'll stick a couple of the boats on standby in the water. I'd go into detail, but it's sort of excruciating.

The things i do is send a chp or two into position near a highway, send the LAPD patrol car, Slick top, unmarked(with a few PD and/or SWAT), and both chargers to patrol. and i find this is usually sufficent. Then dispatch SWAT as needed in there truck and bomb squad and such units as needed. I leave SWAT units and Bomb Squad and other PD units that arent needed to much to the PD parking lot(not the parking strip out front. I have LAFD station 1 equipeed with 2 ALS,2 BLS, and 3 ALS ambulances in the bays, plus a BC, EMS sup, brush and HES out side station 1. At station 2 i leave it stock as far as the bays, and have the ems sup and HEs parked out side.

Anything else I send in as needed for the most part.

I usually send out 1, maybe 2 of the LAPD patrol cars, load up station 1 usually, and drop an EMS supervisor outside, and make him my "dispatcher" I'll then proceed to drop 1 or 2 paramedics off outside of the Police station for healing officers after calls, and I might call in an engineer to stay at station 1 to repair units. I don't call in the helicopter until I need it for a car chase or something, and the same goes for the Rescue chopper. I placed a motorboat on my deluxe map, because I cannot fit the truck to the only drop point on the main part of the map, thus I can't get units to and fro from the main part to the small camping island

I'm kind of weird about it. First I fully staff the stations, then I send an FBI command center and 2 FBI suv's to the parking lot in the south west corner of the map near the protest event. I set up an FBI station, along with a foam tender and EMS 1. Then I send a crane and an equipment truck with 2 divers to the docks, and a small fire dept. rescue boat to the docks. I also send out at least 3 patrols and 3 ambulances. After making more credits back I will send FBI agents to various points in the city through my FBI command center, such as 4 agents in the bank and such in case of an incident. Then I sent some forest fire trucks to the east of the map and I expand the FBI command area to cover the street to the east. I block off the roads and sidewalks from the public and I order various units to go there. Mostly units that can't patrol or anything. And in a fire I will send two foam tenders, a brush truck, and an aerial ladder. Medical emergency, I will send either an ALS ambulance or a BLS with a FF/PM that I put in through the station's controls, thus "cheating" a bit, but also gaining ALS resources as well. And any sort of Police incident I usually send either the nearest unit or I'll send a NG Humvee and an ambulance.

But that's only when I play for kicks, which is almost every time.

I'll leave my realistic game play for a later time.

Guest american42385

I usually in the begining adding ALS engine and ALS bus to FS1. have the BC on hot key 1. dispatch from the BC 3 crusiers and an ALS bus to patrol. purchase EMS helicopter, have it stationed at the hospital. Sell everything remaning in Fire, Police, EMS, and Tech. that is pretty much it. if i need back up i call for mutal aid. after the massive incident is over i send them home. I usually play this on Challenge setting on Hard.

Sometimes I place FBI, Swat and Army in Open spaces or parking lots for fun.

This is how I play my game most of the time.

I try and shoot for realism. I also use Wood's 1.2 map with fixed paths, and I edited my .xml to start with only $10,000 instead of $150,000.

So, officer saftey is first and foremost in my city. I have 2 cruisers on patrol, each with 2 officers. I have 1 LASD officer and a cruiser on call-out in the far north near the camp grounds, 1 motorcycle cop on call-out in the far south and one 2 man police team on foot (no car) in the central area. And that is it. All fire, medical and technician teams are dispatched from the station or HQ. No staging grounds, no patroling fire engines.

I like your approach for realism:)

Guest zeke555666

PD

Patrol: (2 in each)

3 Crown Vic LAPD

1 LAPD Bike

2 CHP

1 Undercover LAPD(plus two swat)

1 Crown Vic LASD

At Station:

1 LASD Van

1 LAPD Expedition (2 Officers 2 SWAT)

1 LAPD slicktop

FD

Two Als and Bls in Station 1

Boat transport and Als engine (with diver) parked near SE corner

EMS

Extra ALS in Station 1

EMS Car on patrol

PD:

2 in each.

I usually just send one out at a time as needed and send most on patrol and put a few on stand by at various places.

FD:

Station 1:

3 ALS Ambos

1 USAR

1 Ladder

2 ALS Engines

2 BLS Engines

Station 1 Rear Parking:

1 EMS Sup

1 BC

1 HES

1 Brush

Station 2:

1 ALS

1 Hazmat

1 BLS Bus.

Parked Cars removed, Parked out front:

1 EMS Sup

1 HES

Guest dkmaisto

I play on Woods first map, the one that's also used in career freeplay.

I also like to do a little senario play, so when I respond to shoplifting calls and assaults, I usually dispatch the nearest PD unit as well as a Sheriffs CVPI, and Sheriffs Van for prisoner transport at all incidents.

PD:

Patrol:

3 LAPD Crown Vics

1 LAPD slicktop

2 Sheriffs Crown Vic.

All are staffed with two officers, for officer safety (although I may start having the Sheriffs on single officer patrol.)

At the two freeway on ramps I have a single manned CHP Crown vic that's mostly used for blocking of the freeweay when incidents happen there/ responding to the rowdy in the roadworks.

1 Sheriff Van staffed with two deputies at standby at the station,

I keep the fire department as it is, only calling for additional backup when needed. They are all at the station, the same goes for EMS.

As of the EMS.

All ambulances are on standby at their stations, I do have 2 EMS captain crown vics on patrol for fast EMS response staffed with 1 ems captain and one paramedic, .

Can I have the fixed paths version?