Fisk1

Freeplay style of play

Guest Thrill

First of all, I buy a few more engines (2 bls and 2als, i think) to fill up the stations. i get the battalion chief (BC) out of his car, and hotkey him #1.

I have 3 cop cars patrolling, have 3 bls and 1 als ambulances on standby.

for forest fires, i usualyl just send in the plane instantly, and that usually fixes it. i hate forest fires.

house fires, 2 x fire truck 1's

warehouse fires, 4 x fire truck 1's, 2 ladders, 2 fire truck 2's

hope you enjoy

i buy first the 2 engines at station 1 with no crew in it

and i buy that red ambulance with nobody in it(saves money)

than i buy a policecar and a policemotor and let them patrol

than i buy a unmarked policecar with the 4 last people you can place in it(everyone but not the police officer)

than i buy a policehelicopter with also 4 people in it

than i buy a emergency helicopter with only paramedics and 1 stretcher

and than i can start to play

Guest em4fan
Why do you have an empty ambulance?

Because to save money by not buying units. Insert empty vehicles in the fire station, after turning on the alarm all units enter in them (the vehicles) with no paying

Sorry for my English

em4fan

Allright, I've got a new question for the gamers out there! :)

What do you use the National Guard for, in freeplay?

I've never used them, ever. There never seems to be a situation big enough to require me to utilize them. The only thing I can think of is crowd control, or riot situations. But that's stuff I use my police units for...

So how about it?

I don't actually use them a lot in freeplay.. I used them ONCE, when a bunch of rioters got out of hand, I went in, and mowed them all down with the nat'l guard... Then I sent the MCU to clear the scene...

I also use them occasionally when the toxic cloud comes through the map, I may use them, just for the realism effect.. Them and then I'll have the Red Cross set up i a spot that'll be unaffected by the cloud and heal units as they become injured... No need to go through wasting emergency units, or redirecting traffic, when you can just block off areas with soldiers :)

I don't actually use them a lot in freeplay.. I used them ONCE, when a bunch of rioters got out of hand, I went in, and mowed them all down with the nat'l guard... Then I sent the MCU to clear the scene...

I also use them occasionally when the toxic cloud comes through the map, I may use them, just for the realism effect.. Them and then I'll have the Red Cross set up i a spot that'll be unaffected by the cloud and heal units as they become injured... No need to go through wasting emergency units, or redirecting traffic, when you can just block off areas with soldiers :)

Ah, the radioactive cloud, good point. That's a good example of usage! :)

I'm gonna try out some situations where they can be used from now, maybe I can incorporate them into my usual unit rotation. Too bad they can't patrol, or else I could have simulated a state of emergency, where the NG had taken over most of the police day-to-day duties.

They can, technically, perform the same tasks as the police in LAmod.

More or less, yes they can. Really it's just adding the patrol button, and then you have a military task force to do police work.

Yea, I guess I could do that. The helicopter would need some work too, to make it possible to follow suspects and vehicles etc...

Maybe for another time. :)

when i start off on the map. i buy 2 other trucks with no personelland also the als ambulance. the 2 trucks that are already in the station i assign them to hotkey #1 and the second set to #2. i do this because if i did both in bay one to a hot key and the other to another then when i click the return to station key usually hey try to get in at the same time and end up either patrolling or who knows where. i exit the bc and fireman and send the fireman into one of the trucks inside, and the bc to the sidewalk by the control box. i then send the bc vehicle away and have another enter the map and send it to the area on the east side of the map just north of the store. i have him exit there and then i assign view 1 to the main firestation, and view 2 to the second bc at the lot. also at the lot i send a chp charger and assign it to #4 and have a lapd expedition arrive with 4 extra lapd officers. i have the officers get out and return the vehicle to hq. i have the extra officers there so when the two chp guys get their life down quite a bit i rotate them out.

When i get all 4 officers standing there that need to be replaced i send another expedition and change them out. i also added the fire light equipment truck so i park one of those there at the lot also.

I send a diver to the south east corner of the map with a boat and launch the boat and put the diver in there.

at the smaller staion in the upper east side i send the bls ambulance back to hq.

at the station i get a lapd charger with 2 officers and assign them to #3, the transport vehicle and assign it to #6. i use the transport vehicle to transport all suspect calls from the east side. and also a few from the west side also.

I also purchase 4 of the expeditions and staff them with 4 of the swat officers and have them patrol.

I also buy the bomb guy and have hi exit the vehicle and send it back. i then get the lapd helicopter with 2 swat and 1 sharp shooter. i have it land and put the bomb guy in there and assign it to #5.

Thats pretty much it. 4 swat guys patrolling and i use the 2 bc's to dispatch ems and i only use the 4 fire trucks assigned to 1 and 2 to take fires on the west side.

ems handels the whole city thats why its only als. and as for fire on the east side i just use the menu and dispatch what i need since they spawn on the east side anyways.

i hope everyone understnds what i said, lol. if not i can post a few screen shots.

Actually I burn the sorry excuse for an 1.8 LA map down.

Litterally, I take 99 tech cars and have put explosive canisters all around and have 3 snipers shoot a tech car. Then they retreat back to the helicopter I have waiting and have them fly away. It takes about 10 minutes and the entire map is on fire. Then I have helicopters with 2 firefighters and 2 FFPMs in to strategic points and start putting out the fires.

If anyone knows how to make an open house that is burning be able to never be extinguished (But with with water and foam still able to be poured on it and fires to spread) please contact me.

I like to take my time in freeplay, so I can take more realistic approaches to incidents. I prefer not to be rushed in video games. I typically have 3 LAPD units patrolling, 3 on stand-by, and 2 at the police station also on stand-by. I never add more units to the fire stations either. If I need more units I call from off map and when I'm done I send them back off the map.

Anyway as Fisk1 said back to topic.

I call one tech van, 2 lapd cars (one CV, one Charger) a lasd car, and a chp charger. And i try to play with limited resources and not call more ambulances and fire trucks. Really makes the game challenging and fun....