Guest hicksvillefd930

Volunteer Fire Dept Mod?

Guest hicksvillefd930

Hey everyone,I am new to this forum,you can all call me Tim.I have a suggestion for all of our talented modders out there.Is it possible to create a Volunteer fire dept mod?One where you tone out the fire dept like the LA MOD fire station control panel,a fire siren goes off(sort of like the winterberg mod),and firemen respond in their private cars to the firehouse with blue lights in their cars.After the call is over,the vehicles return to the station,and like the LA MOD,they get out but instead of getting out of the trucks and going inside the firehouse,they go back in their cars and go home.Or maybe they can have the option of "hanging out" in the firehouse until they get another call.I know this would probably be hard,but please tell me what you guys/girls think,thanks alot,hope to talk to everybody alot on here.

Volunteer fire department are small... Be hard to find a big one to make a mod... EM Mods are mostly work well with big cities departments.

Volunteer fire departments range in equipment and units... Maybe hard to keep every one happy what they want.

.....Kentland...Bladensburg....2 of the busiest fire departments in the country....the stereotypical volunteer dept is small and runs no calls...realization is....many Volunteer Departments are large and have a vast amount of equipment, theres more vollys then people think...Big Cities...yes generally paid...the areas around them...that are still running in heavily populated areas....seem to be goin volunteer or already are.....

ok yes that istrue but if somebody did make a vol mod u wouldneed atleast a 5 bay garage a 911 center and a prety rural setting

You wouldn't need a rural setting, there are plenty, and I mean plenty, of volunteer departmetns that run in urban areas(for example near Washington DC in PG County Maryland). It would be nice to have a rural mod but it wouldn't have to be, and five bays wouldn't be that hard.. Some volunteer departments I know of have multipule stations each having anywhere between three to six bays, and they don't run ems.

All that it would be cool? I just wonder how will it work...? Because you will have limits in engines and men.

You can't just call more trucks. If you can call more?

Then it will be other Volunteer Fire Department or a near by City Fire Deparment.

Winterberg Mod has something like that I think?

That will be alot of skins and models to make. Also limiting how many trucks you can have of a type too.

If you want this to be real Volunteer Fire Department?

Also will this Volunteer Fire Department be Township or County? Each one of them are run differently.

Unless this is a other Volunteer Fire Department else where? Like in other nation?

If any one going to make a mod like this? They will need to plan out how it will work and how real its going to be?

Several German modes have done it, and done it well. In fact, most of the German mods for em3 had at least 1 volunteer station, sometimes several. Whether this can be transferred to em4, I really don't know, though Winterberg has something like it

Some could do Elk River Fire Dept.

Station 1:

Engines 2

Rescue 1

2 Brush Rigs

2 ALS Ambulances

1 Water Tender

Station 2:

1 Engine

1 Ladder

2 Brush Rigs

1 ATV (On Trailer)

1 Water Tender

My dad is a fire fighter there. :)

Several German modes have done it, and done it well. In fact, most of the German mods for em3 had at least 1 volunteer station, sometimes several. Whether this can be transferred to em4, I really don't know, though Winterberg has something like it

I know at least the one station atthe bottom of the map in winterberg is a volunteer station, and when you send them with the pannel at the control station, soem civilians run in to the station, change into turnout gear and then get in the truck, so it is possible.

Most fire stations in Germany or volunteer staffs with a mixture of paid staff. The paid staff are for the most part young adults who decided not to enlist in military. In Germany every 18 year old male most either join the military or do community work for 2 years.

Last year I got to tour a fire station. The chief and one fire fighters took me an customer around there station. The customer is Volunteer fire fighter in States. I got to be translator. As they both sides explain how they do things.

Guest Extreme

The idea of a volunteer firefighting mod is indeed an excellent one! I know that a reply on this post is rather late, but as I say, better late than never. I hope that there is someone out there who can create such a mod, especially with the units from the LA mod.

OVERALL: Excellent Idea!

Well a Vol fire Dept mod would be great, and hopefully we'll have american style vehicles, becuase the other ones with Vol fire depts, only have European style

Well a Vol fire Dept mod would be great, and hopefully we'll have american style vehicles, becuase the other ones with Vol fire depts, only have European style

Guest Twix623

As cool as this all may sound, its not very practical. A lot of the features would just be cosmetic and nothing more. I agree on making mods dedicated to real stations around the country, but not the features and other unessential cosmetic portions of the mod.

Hi Tim,

Instead of suggesting it here why don't you suggest it in the La mod suggestion topic (http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=3357) then people are more likely to take this suggestion into account and also its called suggestions for a reason smile.gif

Cheers,

Jacob

The idea of a volunteer firefighting mod is indeed an excellent one! I know that a reply on this post is rather late, but as I say, better late than never. I hope that there is someone out there who can create such a mod, especially with the units from the LA mod.

OVERALL: Excellent Idea!

If you're going to make a new mod, then make a new mod. Don't keep referring back to someone's own mod, or have thoughts of using their units or anything else they may have.

Building your own mod requires you to make EVERYTHING yourself from scratch. Instead of the repeating "lets borrow this from LA MOD". Simply ridiculous.

I am all for someone making a new mod based on stations in the US, especially from the Maryland/D.C. area (Montgomery County, PG County, the City of Baltimore). But please come up with fresh new, original ideas and not always refer back to Hoppah's mod.

The building would be a pile of rubble by the time they got there with responding from there house i wish there was a pager sound any time you called out a truck and they got dressed when going to a call and undressed when returning to the station