MikeyPI

Emergency Questions

I'm sure Mike has been very busy with the Station fire and such... I also recall that he was headed to Canada for a while.

Anyways, here's a question for you all: Anyone know how the Georgian (the country not the state) Emergency Services are structured?

Links and images would be greatly appreciated, so far I've turned up nothing useful.

This question's aimed at mikesphotos, but anyone else can anwser it about where they live. I saw a video tonight about LAFD rescue ambulances, and in it, they had a shot of the crew tying a patient to a backboard with what appeared to be gauze, and I was wondering, to they really do that. I know that any time I'm on a call with my ambulance corps, we used spider straps (brand name) on our back boards, and all the other crews I've worked with or seen have used some type of straps. It seems to me that straps would be easier, and faster to put on rather than having to tie the patient down. I would think it'd also waste alot of supplies. Just wondering what other people did else where in the country.

Sometimes for head & neck stabilization they wrap gauze around entire backboard and forehead, - usually it is spider straps though... And sometimes even if they have spider straps - they will still gauze the head down - However not knowing the nature of the call - or the reason for doing so - - - I cant figure out why other then, missing equipment, to many patients not enough supplies, or just because lol...

TROOPER

Sometimes for head & neck stabilization they wrap gauze around entire backboard and forehead, - usually it is spider straps though... And sometimes even if they have spider straps - they will still gauze the head down - However not knowing the nature of the call - or the reason for doing so - - - I cant figure out why other then, missing equipment, to many patients not enough supplies, or just because lol...

TROOPER

I've heard of the gauze for the head, but I've never heard of or seen anyone using gauze for the whole back board. That was what supprised me.

From what I found:

LSU stands Logistical Support Unit. The unit(s) respond to MCI to provide equipment i.e backboards etc. The members of the department that work these units also go to the hospital in the areas of the stations that they turn out of to retrieve the equipment that this there to be returned to the station or stations.

post-11-1237489791.jpg

MCERT was right.

Few more questions to, all pd related.

First, if an officer requests a second run card for the same address, what does that mean?

Whats it mean if they say (insert officer name or unit number-224SAM for example) go south? Does it mean approach the incident from the south?

Is a CIT Officer pretty much the equivalent of the Negotiator of the LA Mod?

How long do they usually keep an engine on scene after a 2 alarm fire? We had a 2 alarm fire with about 10 trucks responding, and most units were packing up around 5 or 6 PM but there was still an engine on scene at about 8 PM tonight with another truck showing up when we left, which i assume was there to relive the ffs and engine on duty.