Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

Whatever happened to the idea of the hot zone/safe zone HAZMAT tent? People go in one side contaminated, and they come out the opposite side (where the medics are waiting) deconned.

Not possible I think, they go in through specific 'door' in the tent and always come out from the same door.

Not possible I think, they go in through specific 'door' in the tent and always come out from the same door.

The Winterberg mod managed to do that with the red cross tent. Injured go in one side, and then are picked up by ambulances on the other side.

The Winterberg mod managed to do that with the red cross tent. Injured go in one side, and then are picked up by ambulances on the other side.

No they don't, atleast not in the latest versions, 6.0 and above.

No they don't, atleast not in the latest versions, 6.0 and above.

Well in the new version 6.11 and further there is an arrow on the top.The patient goes i none end and then leaves at the other end when picked up by the stretcher team.

I don't even play other mods and I don't want to. I have enough experience to build my own stuff.

I hate the way it goes on the German forum. Everyone is using the same models and scripts and there are just a few (out of dozens) mods that are actually unique. Most of you won't believe how many PM's I got from people who want to use my fire station, rappel, automatic weapon or bomb robot scripts. These are the kind of scripts/functions that make MY MOD unique. And that's why I don't share my models with other 'mod teams' who don't take the time to learn 3D-moddeling or scripting to give their own mod a unique touch. I've tried to make a follow or pull-over script and I couldn't. I am not going to download other mods to steal or even compare scripts. Give me 2 good reasons what you want to do with a pull-over script anyway. Stopping cars and arresting innocent owners? That's boring as hell, and you still need to tow the car because the path it was following will be removed from the car you stopped. The police officers already have the 'armed arrest' command so it's a piece of cake to arrest every person on the street, bad guy or not. Discussion closed.

Hoppah,Is it possible to make a LAFD Heavy Rescue truck?

Heres the picture.

]7. Add the LAFD Heavy Rescue 56 Crane.

Unfortunately due to the game engines physics, a mid mount, 180 degree limited, reverse facing crane is not possible at this time.

Its a good idea to check the first page of this topic for already suggested ideas.

Guest Jack25

Hoppah, don't take this post as an offensive one.

I only want to say you that it is not necessary to denigrate the works of the other modders.

I played a lot of mods, maybe all the modifications for emergency 3 and 4, and I found out that the work of the others is good as the your.

Obviously there are mods less complete, but I could see in all of this mod the same passion that you put in your mod.

You shouldn't get angry if someone ask you for your models, they aren't model thiefs, they're only people that estimate your work and because of this ask you to cooperate to their mod.

A lot of users considers you as a mythological figure, and, your attitude is a little bit disagreeable...

I'm a user of the German forum, and, I think that the condivision of the models is the basement for the modding.

Maybe in future you will need a model, a script, or simply a tip... imagine that all the users does as you do... I think that it isn't very nice... nobody ready to help you, nobody who is HAPPY to give you a model........ nobody cordial!!

Essentially a model is only an ensamble of polygons.. and.. I will be proud if a lot of people appreciate my work and ask me the model... I will be proud to be an example for them... and you don't seem to be happy... only because of your fans..........

I hope that you understand me

Best Regards.

Jacopo

:12:

I only want to say you that it is not necessary to denigrate the works of the other modders.

I played a lot of mods, maybe all the modifications for emergency 3 and 4, and I found out that the work of the others is good as the your.

Obviously there are mods less complete, but I could see in all of this mod the same passion that you put in your mod.

You shouldn't get angry if someone ask you for your models, they aren't model thiefs, they're only people that estimate your work and because of this ask you to cooperate to their mod.

A lot of users considers you as a mythological figure, and, your attitude is a little bit disagreeable...

I'm a user of the German forum, and, I think that the condivision of the models is the basement for the modding.

Maybe in future you will need a model, a script, or simply a tip... imagine that all the users does as you do... I think that it isn't very nice... nobody ready to help you, nobody who is HAPPY to give you a model........ nobody cordial!!

Essentially a model is only an ensamble of polygons.. and.. I will be proud if a lot of people appreciate my work and ask me the model... I will be proud to be an example for them... and you don't seem to be happy... only because of your fans..........

Best Regards.

Jacopo

:12:

Ummm.. They do? I've been around 109's quite often, haven't seen 47s, but I'm curious where you got that information from. I'd love to see it for myself.

For those who don't know, 109 and 47 got 2 of the new BP's on the last budget order. They're Ford F550 super duty with CAFS foam on the rear and very similar to LACoFD's Patrols.

My info on the brush patrols came from the May - June 2008 issue of the Fire Apperatus Journal, from the Metro Los Angeles article written by Derek Cutler. They do keep up to date with fleet upgrade (with all the tec specs on the new units) from all around the country and they all ways have an article on the new Rigs from L.A.. I know it's avaliable internationally, so Hoppah you may want to take a look at it. If you can't find it, I'll try and upload the L.A. articles for you if you want.

I've made a small demonstration of the emplacement that I was talking about ... Just take a look

That is great what you did on that corner. I still say that we could go for a now map for Free Play. I Think it's great that you got the fire trucks & ems come out on the left side of map.

COSRES :1046275947_director:

An idea I had is could you add a brush truck to one of the fire stattions, that way it will make it easier when it comes to small brush fires and we don't have to wait for ages for a brush truck to come on the map.

Regards

James

...we don't have to wait for ages for a brush truck to come on the map.

On topic: I agree, it takes AGES to get it all over the other corner.

I'm curious which corner you mean and the time involved. In 1.6 the Wildland vehicles enter the map in the South East corner of the Deluxe map right next to the large park and woodland areas, and in the South West corner of the Freeplay map next to the forest by the hospital.

The only other tree areas I can think of are the NE corner of the FR map near where the new fire station will be, and the Mid-West part of the Deluxe map just down the street from FS1.

Best Regards.

Jacopo

What I meant is that people rely too much on each other. It's soo much better to be indepedent and build your own models or scripts.

I want to encourage that by not sharing all my models with people who don't do that.

I don't really get angry when someone asks to use a few models, but it's just dumb to use models from other mods in your mod only, reskinned or not.

I've worked together with some people. Voodoo_Operator is a great modeller. He may use models from my mod. I don't even care which one, because he build me a nice building and is willing to share models.

Same thing for MikeyPI, I've learned him to animate .V3O models (what took some weeks), he made me some great models and I've promised to help him if he was going to build a mod too. Too bad he's missing for almost two months now.

What would happen if everyone may use my models? You would get dozens of LA MOD copies with some minor changes, but none of them would have unique things compared to the original LA Mod.

People would reskin all vehicles and release it with a lot of bugs, because the only thing alot of people can do is changing textures...

If someone starts a NEW mod and takes some time to learn 3D-modelling I'd be happy to share things.

I even made some big tutorials to encourage that.

Besides that, it's ok if people want to use some scripts. Scripts are not a part of the visual aspect of my mod, just the way you play the game.

I would love to see (a modified version of) the fire station scripts work in the Emergency! mod.

Hoppah