tony11139

SubMod: Tony's Lights, v1.8.6 and overview with all prototypes OUT NOW!

Thnx I'll change it. Must have forgotten to delete the patch part after chnaging the links.

greetz,

Not a problem. It confused me a bit, but then i took the time to read which alot of people probably wont :P

I noticed that problem too, and I know what I did, I deleted the lights... woops, I was clearing out something I was testing that I didnt like, and I must've accidentally deleted those lights... I'll add them in when I get a chance and release the patch

Ah glad to see it wasnt hard to troubleshoot, hope the fix is as easy for you as the trouble shooting :P

Keep up the great work!

I have a strange issue that I don't think has been reported yet. I dowloaded 1.82 and installed it. I am playing on my Copy of EM4 Deluxe. On the Deluxe freeplay map the two Limos parked at the church and the Limo in the driveway of the mansion near fire station 1 are now lighting up as light blue dots(like police) and they have flashing red and blue lights in the grille/bumper area.

I also tried removing everything and reinstalling LAmod 1.8 then Patch #2 and then lights 1.8.2 and its still the same. Anyone know whats up or what needs to be fixed?

Guest JSK1818

hey having an issue with this new light mod........the FBI vehicles are not working saying they are missing a file. it has the outline and lights working on it in the editor but says missing a file on it. whenever i try to use it in a mission or freeplay the game crashes got n e suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Hey guys,

I have said it before and i will say it again. GREAT WORK! I love it!

I was thinking and i know this would probably be a lot of extra work and i am trying to learn how to mod EM4 but im not finding much time in order to learn. Anyway I was thinking it would be cool if several different patterns for lights were added. For example, a less erratic flashing pattern where only some of the lights flash and flash a tad slower and you would be able to choose what kind of flash pattern you wanted.

Just a thought.

Kevin

if that was even possible, it would require enormous amounts of scripting, so, I don't see that ever happening, especially in this mod

This may not be completely accurate as to what hes asking for, but maybe it would be possible with the use of a basic model with a light bar added then editing the lights like so making an e4p for each pattern. Of course I assume that Kevin wanted this in a manner that would automatically line up with any light bar regardless of the light bar model and the vehicle.

@Kevin, in the mean time, if some one would take on such a task, perhaps you can do what I do. For example I made a CHP Camaro without a light bar. Since this is a slicktop obviously the original lights wouldnt work. I removed all the lights from the model using the editor. Then I edited the black slip top and went to the copy all lights function. Went back, edited the slick top camaro, and used the paste lights button. Now since the light pattern was for a Crown Vic, I had to align the lgiths a bit. For example the light bar in the back window was now hidden because the back of the camaro sits higher then a CV, so I had to move the lights up a bit. To me its moderatley dificult, but probably more time consuming then anything.

it would be possible, but I don't see that happening, because I would have to make a new unit for each one, and what this mod has premission for is just to edit the lights, I don't wanna overstep my boundaries, nor do I have the time to set that up, to get the lights to work right is about 30 mins to an hour for each vehicle, if the lights are basic, and not a strange pattern

^oh I know. I wasnt suggesting anything that would over step boundaries. I probably didnt explain it well enough. Doesnt really matter as even what I was suggesting would be to much work for most people I would imagine, or atleast to intimidating. I have doen some light editing myself and completely understand what is involved.

Well, I know you were merely suggesting it, and I am not at all against suggestions. It owuld be nice to be able to have something like that, but unless I win the lottery, and can drop out of everything I am doing, and convince my gf to just wait a few weeks, I don't think I will be doing it, now if someone does find a way, congratulations first of all, secondly, I think you may need a life :P

Lights can be a real pain, especially just to line them up, then the actual timing is a real big pain. It would be nice if when you downloaded the LA mod, FedEx delivered real models of each vehicle to your house, that you could hook up with a USB cable, and tell the lights how to flash, and where to go... Unfortunately that will never happen for me, or anyone, ever, or at least in this game's lifetime...

I still have to get the Prison van started... I'm debating how I want to do the lights on it, by giving it a normal light job, or a special one, with some more lights, then one bar, and the headlight blinkers... Well I guess I will have to see... So with that, I'm gone!

Yes they did, I released them, and I accidentally replaced them again with 1.8.2 *hides face out of embarrassment*

I am going to realease a 1.8.3 soon*hopefully tomorrow* which wil include fixed rims, the light problems I have been hearing about and a few minor changes. I had the prison van, and the heavy rescue outfitted with lights, when my computer crashed and I was unable to recover it. Now I have a new computer, and I will have to re-do those lights later :(

Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy with life... Woops!

BUMP POST

Not really.

I come bearing 1.8.3

All problems should be worked out... I have a readme included in the ZIP file and installation is quite simple. This is now fixed with the civil vehicles appearing as squad as well. No completely new light updates on any vehicle, only minor changes on vehicles.

Go ahead and download. I'm working on new things for 1.8.4 already :)

Prototypes1.8.3.rar