tony11139

SubMod: Tony's Lights, v1.8.6 and overview with all prototypes OUT NOW!

Guest lord_bonev
Tony,

Could you give me very specific instructions on itstalling your ligts with LA mod 1.7 and the modified map. Dont go all difficult on me. I have no idea how to do this stuff. Thanks, Hope I can get it to work.

First download files (*.rar) if you not and copy all files (from the archive when you extact all) in folder of Los Angeles mod, they replaced old files and this is all. Sorry for my bad gramar english, i hope that you understand me (beer)

I I'm back .. for now lol ! I don't have time to do anything because i'm working on night * 23:00 to 7:30 so I sleep at 10:00 to 6:00 or 7:00 so I don't have time to do something ..! I hope Newfoundking do a good job with my lights ... I'm very sorry for this bad news ..! but i'm sure that I'll do light for the next EMERGENCY ( 5 )

Sorry again ** Tony**

You guys know the term ''if you have nothing nice to say, shut up''?

Yeah well, i respect the effort that you put in the ''rotating'' lights.

I've done some ''lighting'' work for myself on this mod and other mods in the past, when i was a real fan of the game.

So i know what i'm talking about, but i have to say that the rotating effect doesn't looks realistic at all. :(

You have to imagine what i looks like in the real world. When watching at a rotating beacon, the only ''light/flash'' you see, is when

the lightbulb reflects the light in the reflecting plate (or how do you call it in english) inside the beacon, into you eyes.

That's actually physics. I've never seen a lightbar or beacon doing the effect that you see in this submod.

I think you get my idea. Nevertheless, awesome job and effort, but it's not really realistic.

At the other hand, the strobe's looks great! :gut:

well really, what we have set up is made that way for a reason... This looks more realistic when you are looking down from above... I have to ask though... What is that flash effect you are talking about? I haven't ever seen what you are describing on my lights before(real life ones)

May i suggest moving the link of the 1.7 download to the first post so you don't have to hunt through posts to find the link. In fact i suggest you move everything downloadable to the first post.

Just a friendly suggestion. :holdglass:

well I made a few minor changes, and I will upload the protoype rar now I can't make any promises that this is going to work 100%, if not, just inform me right away... However, I think I got most of it ready, I made some changes to the FBI SUV that aren't in this fold er I don't think, give me a little while to upload it, because it isn't on this computer

Should be the same procedure as before

With a rotator light the reflector adds a sort of "beam" effect when looking horizontally at the lights, the light is only reflected in more or less a V shaped path across the ground, not unlike headlights on a car. To do this in any mod would kill 90% of the people's computers so I don't think it is practically possible to do to any mod really since you would need multiple rotating points displayed on the ground instead of from the corona. Maybe that makes you understand what I think he means better?

As to the Submod People, let me know in a PM when this supports 1.8 I will update your topic information for you if you can't.

well really, what we have set up is made that way for a reason... This looks more realistic when you are looking down from above... I have to ask though... What is that flash effect you are talking about? I haven't ever seen what you are describing on my lights before(real life ones)

I just have a quick question, will Tony's lights work for LA mod v1.8?
yes, they should, but the stand-by commands etc will not, I am currently working on getting them ready for 1.8, but between life and computer troubles, Don't expect them before friday, but I'll still try
Well, due to major issues with my computer, I will probably have to delay the changing until Friday, but hopefully, I can get it before then... I'll PM you to let you know when to change it.

I hope this answers your question, try to read a topic first before asking a question next time please.

Edited by pyrothijs