Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest kparsons34

Hoppah,

I was wondering for the next version if it was possible to add the new black bunker gear instead of having the yellow bunker gear.. I think it would look awesome with the yellow reflector stripes as well. Thanks for the hard work and if you cant then no worries. Appreciate everything as always.

- Kenneth

Hoppah,

I was wondering for the next version if it was possible to add the new black bunker gear instead of having the yellow bunker gear.. I think it would look awesome with the yellow reflector stripes as well. Thanks for the hard work and if you cant then no worries. Appreciate everything as always.

- Kenneth

LA City FD uses yellow turnout gear.

LA City FD uses yellow turnout gear.

Actually, I never noticed any black turnout gear in US FD. But i could be wrong.

Further.... Nice mod it's great i really like the new missions and BLS/ALS system. I only have to get used to a FF person with blue pants that does the word of the old EM4 basic paramedic. Anyhow works like a charm!

Actually, I never noticed any black turnout gear in US FD. But i could be wrong.

Further.... Nice mod it's great i really like the new missions and BLS/ALS system. I only have to get used to a FF person with blue pants that does the word of the old EM4 basic paramedic. Anyhow works like a charm!

FDNY does I think, I feel like Baltimore or Chicago might as well but I know NY does.

Yeah, I always thought the LAFD used more of a beige gear.. I personally Like the Beige better... but that's just me... Mike, does the LAFD where Beige or Yellow...

OOO! Suggestion... NOT!

I really must say after countless hours of 1.7 already, I like it all, except the fact that , I lost my SAR dog leader so I couldn't buy him, I had to make him again from the older files( complete deletion:(...) Well no SAR made the missing chiold mission fun

try finding a fallen tree in the forest. A pain in the... well for the poor kid, everywhere... and to think I rushed FBI to the cabin right next to it because of the black van there.. He must of been like Damn, I'm over hear, not in there -.-

Yeah, I always thought the LAFD used more of a beige gear.. I personally Like the Beige better... but that's just me... Mike, does the LAFD where Beige or Yellow...

OOO! Suggestion... NOT!

I really must say after countless hours of 1.7 already, I like it all, except the fact that , I lost my SAR dog leader so I couldn't buy him, I had to make him again from the older files( complete deletion:(...) Well no SAR made the missing chiold mission fun

try finding a fallen tree in the forest. A pain in the... well for the poor kid, everywhere... and to think I rushed FBI to the cabin right next to it because of the black van there.. He must of been like Damn, I'm over hear, not in there -.-

Most major cities in the U.S. (NYC, Baltimore, ect) use black turnout gear minus LAFD and LACoFD. Also the turnout gear is beige with yellow stripes not totally yellow.

LAFD uses Yellow turnout gear, though there was a very very small trial that few know about in which black turnouts were tested. It didn't go far, but you can find pics of it on the web. There are only a small number of west coast departments that I can think of that don't use the standard style of yellow gear and Phenix helmets. As for mistaking them for beige, well, LA City and County are in a class with few others in the nation and world. To be blunt, we get dirty and we stay busy and our gear takes a very visible beating. You can see in the picture below the difference between brand new and worn gear at a structure fire in LAFD 88's area.

LAFD-VDM-022.jpg

They all start out bright, but never last that way :)

Mike

Are you guys using Black Boots now? Lots of FD, including mine, are using Black Boots.

You can see the answer to your question in the picture I posted. The only black boots LAFD wears are their Station/EMS boot and Brush boot. There are primary and alternative approved makers, so you'll find different styles for the Station and Brush.

Mike

true dat :P

btw hoppah at first i didn't like the mod because I wasn't sure of what everything did, but then I played the mission "Police Chase Ends in Tragedy"...AND ITS SOOOO GODLY! It's so realistic because in real life (in my area at least) Rescues are the heavy duty trucks that carry all the extrication gear, and omg...everything is sooo coolio. Thanks for everything.

em4freak

p.s where are the two (or one) "perpetrators" on the mission i stated above?

true dat :P

btw hoppah at first i didn't like the mod because I wasn't sure of what everything did, but then I played the mission "Police Chase Ends in Tragedy"...AND ITS SOOOO GODLY! It's so realistic because in real life (in my area at least) Rescues are the heavy duty trucks that carry all the extrication gear, and omg...everything is sooo coolio. Thanks for everything.

em4freak

p.s where are the two (or one) "perpetrators" on the mission i stated above?

One on the bottom of the river trapped in his car. The other one flees and is armed, if you're fast enough you can arrest him without a shooting

Guest CrazyLion425

As others have said Chicago does use Black not yellow. Also "Until December 2006 Chicago firefighters donned the famous three-quarter boots and jacket, instead of the now generally accepted bunker gear worn by many departments, especially those of the suburbs. An example of the boots and jacket can be seen in the photo."

Another cool feature that I love is how the engines and all fire Department vehicles are painted red and black, along with if you notice on the light bars they use Red and White lights but always have a Single Green Light on the starboard side of the truck.

post-760-1223665309.jpg

post-760-1223665318.jpg

post-760-1223665734.jpg

Edit: for all those who are angry that I didn't quote the two sentences from Wiki, they are now quoted, also the pictures are not mine, which I never stated that they were but apparently the post made some angry. my bad everyone!

One on the bottom of the river trapped in his car. The other one flees and is armed, if you're fast enough you can arrest him without a shooting
When I ran through that mission the first time, it just so happened that I was panning the camera and I noticed a guy with a gun crossing the highway... LAPD got him fast.

Zootoo, Did you have to quote the everything he said? I don't think you needed to quote the images...

Anyway, the mod is great Hoppah! I love the new prison van and the new location for events in freeplay. Makes it so much more challenging. And the missions are pretty amazing too. :1046275747_biggthumpup: