Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

That means that the patrol function is full of bugs? Or you just don't like to use it?

Jeez... So when I don't like something it must be full of bugs? You have a weird style of argumentation man. I don't like most of the Ford Crown Victorias in my mod either, because they're useless. But to meet the wishes of the community I won't delete them. Does that sound right to you?

Every mod has bugs, if you dont want bugs you be testing for years.

Hoppah, i do almost the same as you.

I also get an additional ambulance + engine 1 + engine 2 at the main fire station

I park 3 vehicles in front of pol station

And i have the rest of the police vehicles patrol.

Then i use the bataalion chief to call units.

i never call things from the map (only to put additional units in the firestation, but thats at beginning)

I was just wondering if it has bugs :nein:

It's not that, you just make weird conclusions. The only bug the patrol function has is it the patrolling vehicles ignore the traffic lights, but that is not the reason I don't like it.

What is the reason?? :P

And there is only 1 bug, and it is not what you said hoppah.

Because they do stop at trafficlights.

The bug:

When you choose patrol when they are called from the police station, they go ghost riding.

Umm, Hoppah is not wrong. There is a bug where they do not stop at stoplights. I have to free up traffic jams caused by the police cars / vehicles at the hospital/railroad intersection (on deluxe) and over by the police station (on the deluxe). Also, if you watch the vehicles on patrol and follow them, they do not stop for it.

When you choose patrol at the police station they just ghost ride over to the nearest path which it finds the path by the fire station.

In the beginning I send a second battalion chief unit to the other side of the map, then I send an additional ambulance, engine 1 and engine 2 to the bigger fire station. Then I park 3 patrol cars in front of the PD station and sometimes I put some of them on standby somewhere else. I don't like the patrol function, so I don't use it. But usually I play until I find something to fix.

I'm curious, will the Station on the new map already have all the slots filled for Engine 1 and 2? I always liked having at least one car on patrol, usually if I don't someone ends up getting hurt from the assaults and I hate having to send ambulances to pick them up.

Umm, Hoppah is not wrong. There is a bug where they do not stop at stoplights. I have to free up traffic jams caused by the police cars / vehicles at the hospital/railroad intersection (on deluxe) and over by the police station (on the deluxe). Also, if you watch the vehicles on patrol and follow them, they do not stop for it.

When you choose patrol at the police station they just ghost ride over to the nearest path which it finds the path by the fire station.

1) Strange, over here they do stop...

2) You are right on the ghost ride thing, they always do one of these 2:

Or choose the way to the petrol station, and then drive like the other lane is the same as where they supposed to.

Or they go right, (or left, depends on how you got the cam) and then drive over the steps, over the parking in front of the station.

I'm curious, will the Station on the new map already have all the slots filled for Engine 1 and 2? I always liked having at least one car on patrol, usually if I don't someone ends up getting hurt from the assaults and I hate having to send ambulances to pick them up.

Guest ronnie9158

the Mission patch is working but the UnitUpgrade is not working mean that the fire fighters and the medic and police when they carry something they don't run just walk, do you have any idea how to make the UnitUpgrade work?

As for me - the patrol function - is one of the best functions in La mod.

The only thing i would like to be added - is ability of patrol car to redirect traffic while its moving.

But its imposible AFAIK.

Why on earth would you want that? I never saw a moving patrol car redirect traffic.

Why on earth would you want that? I never saw a moving patrol car redirect traffic.

I didnt want to discuss this, but I cant ignore moderator's question :))

Usage: I send police car to patrol and turn its redirectional lights on.

While its moving none car will be redirected (cause civil car too far from patrol car)

But when the police car stuckes in traffic jam it WILL really redirect new arrivals vehicles.

Otherwise there will be long chain of cars unless I keep eyes on all traffic in the town. Its important when there are lots of vehicles on the map (for example w00d 2.0 map submod)

So, redirectional lights will be actually functioning when police car is not moving.

I didnt want to discuss this, but I cant ignore moderator's question :))

Usage: I send police car to patrol and turn its redirectional lights on.

While its moving none car will be redirected (cause civil car too far from patrol car)

But when the police car stuckes in traffic jam it WILL really redirect new arrivals vehicles.

Otherwise there will be long chain of cars unless I keep eyes on all traffic in the town. Its important when there are lots of vehicles on the map (for example w00d 2.0 map submod)

So, redirectional lights will be actually functioning when police car is not moving.

Well as NFK said, that would make traffic worse, but not even for said reasons, but if you divert traffic behind it, that will back up traffic on the opposite side of the roads as they will have to stop to allow traffic from behind the patrol car to turn around.

Well as NFK said, that would make traffic worse, but not even for said reasons, but if you divert traffic behind it, that will back up traffic on the opposite side of the roads as they will have to stop to allow traffic from behind the patrol car to turn around.

One way to fix that would to automatically have the patrol route reset if the car is idle in the same spot for more than a minute when on patrol. I don't know if that's possible though.

Guest Shawn Biro
My left shoulder got (partly) dislocated yesterday. Not sure how bad it is yet and if it really got dislocated, but typing hurts like hell.

So I won't be working on the mod for a couple of days.

getwellsoonk.jpgHoppah

One way to fix that would to automatically have the patrol route reset if the car is idle in the same spot for more than a minute when on patrol. I don't know if that's possible though.

Supposing it is possible, how would that fix the problem? A better idea would be to program it to hit the directional light automatically if it is stuck for more then 1 minute. Even that could be a problem depending on the map and the location.

Hereby I present another small new feature in v1.9 :)

A chase command for police vehicles!

How does it work? A patrol car with officers can chase any moving vehicle or person and stop it. Different things can happen depending on the type of target. When the target is a civilian vehicle, the patrol car will halt the car and a police officer will give the driver a speeding ticket. When the car is a getaway car or a stolen vehicle, the officers will stop the car and force the driver(s) to get out. Different things can happen though, sometimes the drivers get out and decide to resist, sometimes they will surrender (like the armed arrest command).

I've made a video. You don't really see the patrol cars chasing a car or person, but they will try to get to the target until they are close enough to stop it.

Thanks to Stan for uploading the video.

Hoppah