Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

The Update for the mod is that it is basically in testing phase at this time, we can't really say much more than that, bug hunting can take some time and since we've all went on vacation you guys just have to be patient and wait for us to return. We all just really needed a break from the same things:) Already I have to do moderator tasks once again which is why I took the vacation in the first place.... This is why I wonder sometimes why we even try.

Happy Holidays...

Okay Cool,

Well, I'd be happy to put my hand up for testing, if it's available, or even for moderating while poeple are on vacation temporarily.

But, it's good to hear that it's in testing, and take your time and squash all the bugs to make it right the first time.

:)

Thanks for the update.

To my knowledge, there are enough testers on the mod, bug fixing ironically takes more time than actually making things, you build a car for example and because of one minor glitch you can spend up to 30 minutes trying to undo that error if you missed it early on. The same deal applies to some bugs in the mod in general. Testing involves a great deal of patience, you really rarely play the game, most of it is just trying all the features over and over again to see that they work together fine, then if you have a problem you have to try over and over to try to replicate it. It is definately not the most entertaining part of modding, the game has so many glitches to begin with you have to separate those issues from ones that are caused by what the mod has done. Overall though I think it's getting there.

There are plenty of Mods here now, we sometimes step on one another's toes as it is:) We all tend to cover when some of us are missing, I am not aware of a single time when everyone of the Staff has been gone at once for a long time.

you wish you could be a tester nice try lol

Um, well why wouldn't I or anyone else wish to be a tester. It's an awesome mod, and it'd be such a privilege to be able to get a sneak peek behind the scenes at the next version.

I don't quite know what you were trying to imply there, but it was a little uncalled for in my opinion.

To my knowledge, there are enough testers on the mod, bug fixing ironically takes more time than actually making things...

v1.8 News

SHERIFF05 made new audio files for me. Because a lot of new commands have been added since v1.5 I needed new ones for the commands to call additional vehicles and a few other commands.

I also changed the texture of the negotiator. He wears SWAT gear now. Screenshot:

swatjq1.th.jpg

This is probably the final newspost for v1.8.

We're currently still testing it.

Hoppah

Great job. Is dispatch referred to as OCD now and are the radio messages closer to how they would sound in LA?

Not yet, we had a 'discussion' going on about that. SHERIFF05 didn't have much time, but he still recorded 25 audio files within a very short timeframe.

I was very very pleased with the new files and they're perfect for me. Until someone told me they aren't realistic for LA again.

Reasons I am going to keep them in v1.8:

1. SHERIFF05 is the only one who can do them so fast and perfect (understandable voice combined with background noise and the beeps).

2. SHERIFF05 lives on the east coast. I can't blame him for doing wrong. I don't even live in the USA so I couldn't know.

3. 99% of the LA Mod players won't notice it anyway. I know there are a couple of firefighters from LA who like to play my mod, but they're only a small fraction of all players.

4. SHERIFF05 told me he was VERY busy. I don't even want to bother him to make new recordings again, just because someone else isn't satisfied.

5. I am satisfied

6. I've already heard a new recording from real LA radio traffic. Recorded by Mikesphotos. That one was good and realistic. Unfortunately, it was too long and I don't want to wait until all 25 audio files have been finished. I wonder if it's possible to record the audio I actually want from a real radio.

Realism is important in the mod. But things like this don't have to be necessarily realistic. It's about the 'American feeling' I am trying to add to the mod and that's what the new audio files do perfectly. You can't simulate radio traffic anyway. An example: "Battalion 1...Requesting an additional ALS engine"

Someone would always answers this in real life. We didn't do that, because it would make the audio files way too long and that would be annoying.

There is a chance they're going to be replaced, but that's not going to happen in v1.8 anymore. :)

Hoppah

Lets start this year with something good; v1.8!

Compared to earlier versions it doesn't have many changes, but the Heavy Rescue crane is a great new addition

and the changed commands to call additional vehicles make it worth to download this version.

Read below for more information...

Download version v1.8 here:

DOWNLOAD

Changes in v1.8:

- Several bugs fixed

- New vehicle: LAFD Heavy Rescue Crane

- Improved commands to call additional vehicles

- Stand-by command added

- Cadillac DTS added (sedan and limousine models)

- New audio for the commands to call additional vehicles

- A few icons for commands changed

- Texture of negotiator changed

Click here for detailed information and pictures.

Report and check bugs here:

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod Bugs

Enjoy the new version!

Hoppah

Lets start this year with something good; v1.8!

Enjoy the new version!

Hoppah

I'm sure I will. I hope that vacation made you feel superb again! Nice to see you already published it, that's much sooner then I expected.

greetz,