Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

The simple odds of you needing the heavy rescue make it impractical to keep on the map, it is not too inconvenient to call in, especially with the revamped entry points found in 1.7, in the real world you don't see many cranes sitting around in fire stations waiting to head out. Since most the time you do not need the vehicle, I personally see no need to keep it on the map in a station, if someone wanted to have it parked during their game, they just need to find an open space in town and stuff the chubby truck into it... Just make sure you can get it back out of wherever you park it, i've lost ambulances to getting them stuck.

Okay, well the crane not being on map is a smart thing... and as for losing vehicles, I managed to lose an entire SWAT fleet(heavy rescue(big) and the two smaller rescues, a slicktop and the water cannon one as well) which sucked for me, all becuase the Heavy rescue got stuck in between the walls :(

Not for this moment. I am working on a few things now. When they're done I will release more information.

Just have some patience. I have more things to do besides modding.

Hoppah

Maybe they should know your secret....

People... for those who don't know. Hoppah actually is a living human been and has a life besides EmP.Quite a shock aint it. :prop:

I must say the crane looks awesome, cant wait to see it in action and if I was to make a suggestion for V1.8, I would love to see more of a variety of rescues, such as automobile accidents with rescue, rollover, fire, and involving intricate details. (ie like a car going over the bridge, a train crash, small aircraft crash. etc.) That would be so cool, considering Hoppah put the Rescue truck in Station 1, so it is readily available. Its just a thought. the game cannot improve without suggestions... :rolleyes:

Also, I dont know if LA has this, but what if a Fire Police truck was added to V1.8? this truck could support like 4 fire police that have cones, flairs, barricades, etc in their truck. This truck could be stationed at the main fire house or police station and its sole purpose is traffic control for the Fire department or whomever. This way the police dont get tied up directing/closing traffic and roads. This is how we do it around where I live.

I must say the crane looks awesome, cant wait to see it in action and if I was to make a suggestion for V1.8, I would love to see more of a variety of rescues, such as automobile accidents with rescue, rollover, fire, and involving intricate details. (ie like a car going over the bridge, a train crash, small aircraft crash. etc.) That would be so cool, considering Hoppah put the Rescue truck in Station 1, so it is readily available. Its just a thought. the game cannot improve without suggestions... :rolleyes:

Also, I dont know if LA has this, but what if a Fire Police truck was added to V1.8? this truck could support like 4 fire police that have cones, flairs, barricades, etc in their truck. This truck could be stationed at the main fire house or police station and its sole purpose is traffic control for the Fire department or whomever. This way the police dont get tied up directing/closing traffic and roads. This is how we do it around where I live.

Well PA those use fire police. Mike Photos has stated many times that LAPD or parking enforcement guys handle the job that Fire police handle in PA. One of the reason PA has fire police is there are many rural areas in PA. The area were I live we have two Cops in the town near by and the township I live has Zero. The state police cover that area. So in a major event, such as the grocery store fire on may 13, 2004 @ 12:30PM, in the town with the two cops. Last fire unit left the site may 14, @ 7:15am. Over 100 from 30 department fought the blaze. In case of that fire the two cops would not have been able to handle the traffic control duties, keep people away and such.

That why the deparment have fire police to handle crowd control, traffic management and security of the site.

Yo dude I am the king of suguestions and getting my ass hounded for it. Welcome to the forum. Unless you wanted to get screemed at by everyone else on the forum, I suggest that you not make suggestions. I am all for it but the modders seem to think otherwise. I wish we could make suggestions. Sorry for the bad news.

Mike

Ofcourse you can, I just don't have the time to realize any of these suggestions.

That's why I didn't make a new 'General Suggestions Topic' after release of v1.7, so people don't waste their time.

I can open one just for discussions ofcourse, but 9 out of 10 people expect me to give my opinion on EACH suggestion as well and I can't do that.

If you really have a problem with MY situation at the moment I suggest you go build your own mod and see what happens when you work your ass off on jobs 52 hours a week.

It's only temporarely, but each day I get home I have to answer all these questions and PM's again.

I'm not here to piss people off or to scare people away from the forum.

I already know what's going to be put in v1.8 and that's where I want to spend my time on.

I will release more information about v1.8 soon. Just have some patience.

Hoppah

Yo dude I am the king of suguestions and getting my ass hounded for it. Welcome to the forum. Unless you wanted to get screemed at by everyone else on the forum, I suggest that you not make suggestions. I am all for it but the modders seem to think otherwise. I wish we could make suggestions. Sorry for the bad news.

Mike

Well thanks for telling me about that Mike, I really had no idea. As for Hoppah, I have two jobs as well totalling 50+ hours per week as well as my bachelors degree in progress, I am JUST as busy as you!!!!!! There is no need to get angry with me about suggestions, I DID NOT KNOW!!! Perhaps, when you join this forum an email or PM should be sent out with the rules and guidelines. I dont want to make my own mod, you are better at that hoppah, thats why we leave it up to you. The LA mod is absolutely brilliant but it was your decision to make the mod, not mine.... I just suggested a possible idea or two that may make the game a little more fun for everyone. It was not meant to demean you of your work, or however personal you took it, sorry. Now I know for the future.

Matt

BTW.. I am a supervisor at one of my jobs, I hear the same questions 50 times a day sometimes, but I TOOK on the responsibility, not them. SO, I have to be willing to explain it or go about in a proper fashion.. and the way you acted doesn't attract me to this forum...

Is there a Suicide on the tracks in v1.7 for freeplay, I saw it in the editor but it never occurs. I only get suicide by jumpin out the window or the swimming one down by the port. :Oo

Edited By: Mikey Merged your posts, in the future try to edit them please rather than posting twice in a row.

Perhaps, when you join this forum an email or PM should be sent out with the rules and guidelines.

BTW.. I am a supervisor at one of my jobs, I hear the same questions 50 times a day sometimes, but I TOOK on the responsibility, not them. SO, I have to be willing to explain it or go about in a proper fashion.. and the way you acted doesn't attract me to this forum...

I know you probrably do not care but here goes:

I do not believe that his comment was directed directly at you, if you see who he quoted you will see who it was intended for.

Next onto the rules of the forum, when you join I am fairly certain they are displayed for you upon registration, if not they are clearly displayed at the top of each forum ( Announcement: Terms Of use ). So they are very easilly located and read if one takes the time.

Then to your last comment, you took on the responsibility on a job that you are paid to do, we are unfortunately not paid to do these things... We have to devote our free time in order to make these mods, and unfortunately we like to have lives outside of modifying this game so we can't possibly respond to all the requests and suggestions that are made. Most people are not satisfied with just making a suggestion, they also wish to have a response from one of us as to what will happen with it, realistically we cannot afford the time to do this. Then you have the problem of newer members suggesting things which have already been suggested, so someone has to go through and clarify what happened with that. I hope you understand why the suggestions section for this mod was shut down, other modifications are still accepting suggestions, it is just the LA mod that does not wish to have suggestions everywhere at this time. Eventually, someone will re-organize the suggestions thread so the most commonly asked questions are listed first so that they may not be repeated, but this takes time we currently do not have.

Mike

Well PA those use fire police. Mike Photos has stated many times that LAPD or parking enforcement guys handle the job that Fire police handle in PA. One of the reason PA has fire police is there are many rural areas in PA. The area were I live we have two Cops in the town near by and the township I live has Zero. The state police cover that area. So in a major event, such as the grocery store fire on may 13, 2004 @ 12:30PM, in the town with the two cops. Last fire unit left the site may 14, @ 7:15am. Over 100 from 30 department fought the blaze. In case of that fire the two cops would not have been able to handle the traffic control duties, keep people away and such.

That why the deparment have fire police to handle crowd control, traffic management and security of the site.

the main reason for fire police is for volunteer departments to be able to help keep there membership busy rather than loosing them as soon as their too old to go into a burning building. volunteer departments also have fire police for the reason above.

I've deleted 10 posts out of this topic, I don't care who began the bitching but now it ends.

First I've got to state:

On registration it shows you the basic rules with a link to our TOS, you accepted those on registration so you should know them.

Then, About the suggestion shitting here. Hoppah said what he thinks of it. Respect his choice and stop bitching.

Above counts for everyone here. If someone makes a suggestion this is not a reason for going into the "bad language" with the one who made it.

Telling someone that suggestions might not be allowed is one, but doing that by the way it went done by some of you is not okey.

By this I want to ask everyone of you to get back on ground and just go on on a friendlier way...

The first rule on this forum when it was founded was respect and I really want to keep this as a basic rule to be here, so please...

EDIT:

Some additional things that came in my mind: The next one that really needs to call someone ass hole... or needs to forbid someone the rights to talk will be warned immediately...

I know you probrably do not care but here goes:

I do not believe that his comment was directed directly at you, if you see who he quoted you will see who it was intended for.

Next onto the rules of the forum, when you join I am fairly certain they are displayed for you upon registration, if not they are clearly displayed at the top of each forum ( Announcement: Terms Of use ). So they are very easilly located and read if one takes the time.

Then to your last comment, you took on the responsibility on a job that you are paid to do, we are unfortunately not paid to do these things... We have to devote our free time in order to make these mods, and unfortunately we like to have lives outside of modifying this game so we can't possibly respond to all the requests and suggestions that are made. Most people are not satisfied with just making a suggestion, they also wish to have a response from one of us as to what will happen with it, realistically we cannot afford the time to do this. Then you have the problem of newer members suggesting things which have already been suggested, so someone has to go through and clarify what happened with that. I hope you understand why the suggestions section for this mod was shut down, other modifications are still accepting suggestions, it is just the LA mod that does not wish to have suggestions everywhere at this time. Eventually, someone will re-organize the suggestions thread so the most commonly asked questions are listed first so that they may not be repeated, but this takes time we currently do not have.

Mike

First of all, I do care, but I appreciate your concern mike, you may be right about the comment being directed at someone else. However. I agree with Stan on his last post. I feel like this is freaking Kindergarten!! I joined this forum because this game is totally awesome and I absolutely love the LA Mod, but we are all humans here and we do need to respect eachother. Just because someone is a modder doesnt mean that they are better than everyone else... except at modding of course, lol. So, I apologize for "breaking the rules" when it comes to suggestions, even though I didnt find any rules against suggestions in the TOS, however, I will retain suggestions for the future when it is okay to do so. And it was more of an opinion or a "what do you guys think" kind of thought, so, I didnt intend to offend or cause issues. Keep in mind, people do not know what was posted before all the time, so repeats may occur. I found that the search does not always find a specific post, it all depends.

Oh and BTW mike, my other job where I am a supervisor, is volunteer, I dont get paid.

Now we can all move on and have fun enjoying this awesome game!! :D

Yeah it is time to move on:)

I give you credit for being a volunteer, not getting paid definately makes ya understand a bit more:)

Unfortunately, we had to close the suggestions because of the double posts that people tended to bring up, but hoppah did post the last post in there about the reason for the closings. Hopefully one of these days we will get that back up and manage to sort through it all, but unfortunately, as you can tell by looking at the topic, it is huge so it'll be a while before that is completely done:(

The Respect thing is important and I believe at times all of us, including myself need to take a step back and think so I applogize for saying you probrably do not care, that was inappropriate and I should not have done that. When people are new occasionally they will make mistakes, it happens and usually a friendly reminder is posted regarding the issue, unfortunately I think you just happened into the wrong situation, so for that we appologize. Unfortunately you are right there is no mention of suggestions being forbidden in the LA Mod, this is a recent development due to time and repeat suggestions that take time from us all to have to respond to, so it was decided and posted in the Suggestions topic why it was shut down for now. Technically speaking it is not against the rules to suggest things, we just do not have the time to review them all, but to satisfy everyone who may want to I will open a new suggestions topic as soon as I can with the condensed responses for the most common requests as well as a notice that the suggestions/requests may not recieve responses at this time.

First of all, I do care, but I appreciate your concern mike, you may be right about the comment being directed at someone else. However. I agree with Stan on his last post. I feel like this is freaking Kindergarten!! I joined this forum because this game is totally awesome and I absolutely love the LA Mod, but we are all humans here and we do need to respect eachother. Just because someone is a modder doesnt mean that they are better than everyone else... except at modding of course, lol. So, I apologize for "breaking the rules" when it comes to suggestions, even though I didnt find any rules against suggestions in the TOS, however, I will retain suggestions for the future when it is okay to do so. And it was more of an opinion or a "what do you guys think" kind of thought, so, I didnt intend to offend or cause issues. Keep in mind, people do not know what was posted before all the time, so repeats may occur. I found that the search does not always find a specific post, it all depends.

Oh and BTW mike, my other job where I am a supervisor, is volunteer, I dont get paid.

Now we can all move on and have fun enjoying this awesome game!! :D

Yeah it is time to move on:)

I give you credit for being a volunteer, not getting paid definately makes ya understand a bit more:)

Unfortunately, we had to close the suggestions because of the double posts that people tended to bring up, but hoppah did post the last post in there about the reason for the closings. Hopefully one of these days we will get that back up and manage to sort through it all, but unfortunately, as you can tell by looking at the topic, it is huge so it'll be a while before that is completely done:(

The Respect thing is important and I believe at times all of us, including myself need to take a step back and think so I applogize for saying you probrably do not care, that was inappropriate and I should not have done that. When people are new occasionally they will make mistakes, it happens and usually a friendly reminder is posted regarding the issue, unfortunately I think you just happened into the wrong situation, so for that we appologize. Unfortunately you are right there is no mention of suggestions being forbidden in the LA Mod, this is a recent development due to time and repeat suggestions that take time from us all to have to respond to, so it was decided and posted in the Suggestions topic why it was shut down for now. Technically speaking it is not against the rules to suggest things, we just do not have the time to review them all, but to satisfy everyone who may want to I will open a new suggestions topic as soon as I can with the condensed responses for the most common requests as well as a notice that the suggestions/requests may not recieve responses at this time.

Well thanks a lot for your response, I agree with what you stated and I respect that, the "modders" so to speak are busy people too and I realize that all suggestions cannot possibly be attended to, it just is not feasible, therefore, I accept your apology and I thank-you for clarifying things. :D