Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

The screenshots work. What doesen't work is the link to the picture(s) of the real vehicle.

Ahh I see what you are talking about. Yeah, PBase doesn't allow hotlinking.

-d

ETA: If you copy the link and paste it into another window it will work. The link did work for me when the post was first put up, but I think PBase saw a bunch of traffic coming from here via the hotlink and blocked the site.

Guest firemanzac
Stats on HR56

I for one will give credit to a website when I write about items if I didn't know the facts in my brain already...

-d

Dizza, thanks for the website. i hadnt seen that yet. My information comes from a color brochure I got about 20 years ago from LAFD and a couple visits and ride alongs. Thanks for the web site!

LA MOD v1.8 NEWS!

Finally some news! :D

I made a fully working LAFD heavy rescue truck.

Because of my work it took me 8 weeks to build the thing, but the result is absolutely worth it!

Hoppah

I have been away for awhile, so I just saw your news about 1.8, and I can only say awesome work dude. Keep it up.

I have been away for awhile, so I just saw your news about 1.8, and I can only say awesome work dude. Keep it up.

Hey Wood,

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get your new map on. when I download it, it won't let me put in mod folder. I'm lost. Same for new sirens that I downloaded, they don't happen.

Maybe I need to delete the complete game and reload the game from Atari as I still have print out from purchasing it. I was 911 First Responders.

Hey Wood,

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get your new map on. when I download it, it won't let me put in mod folder. I'm lost. Same for new sirens that I downloaded, they don't happen.

Maybe I need to delete the complete game and reload the game from Atari as I still have print out from purchasing it. I was 911 First Responders.

If you require help with wOOd's mod post here http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?showtopic=4804 not in Hoppahs MOD thread.....

Hi. Is there any efforts to change the lights of port police vehicle in next update? :cool:

:)

The lightbars in those photos are not the current lightbars that the Port Police use. The new ones are LED as seen in this photo...

Port%20Police%20Patrol%20Vehicle.jpg

-d

Edited by pyrothijs
images removed from quote to shorten post

Guest lord_bonev
This is a time when Units are mix with old and new equipment... Its some times hard to make both parties happy if some like the older lights and other like th LEDs.

You say it very good :prop:

This is a time when Units are mix with old and new equipment... Its some times hard to make both parties happy if some like the older lights and other like th LEDs.

Some departments are mixing rotator lights and LED togeather now. I've seen on several NYPD units now where they've taken the rotator parts out of each little bubble on their light bars, and replaeced each one with a four sided square LED, so maybe port police is doing that too. but all in all, it's not a big deal

Does it really matter?

We know that various services use various models of vehicle and fit, if you want to cover all possibilities you'll want a 2007 Crown Vic with LED, 2006 Crown Vic with LED, 2005 Crown Vic with Vector, 2004 Crown Vic with Vector, 2003 Crown Vic with halogen and so on...

LA MOD v1.8 NEWS!

Finally some news! :D

I made a fully working LAFD heavy rescue truck.

Because of my work it took me 8 weeks to build the thing, but the result is absolutely worth it!

Screenshots:

crane02cu6.th.jpgcrane01cr5.th.jpgcrane03cd2.th.jpg

Ingame screenshots:

em4deluxe20081116135527iq8.th.jpgem4deluxe20081116135540od6.th.jpg

Photo of the real thing: LAFD Heavy Rescue

The supports are animated and the vehicle can transport 2 firefighters.

The whole truck has 4 textures and 6.503 polygons (including 3 doors, 6 wheels and the superstructures).

Thanks to Voodoo_Operator for the cabin.

And MikeyPI for the wheels. :)

Hoppah

very nice vehicle, only one question on the back side i see a strip, is that use able or not? that would be great to having a crane and a tow truck in one

It is just a recovery crane, even if we wanted to do a tow truck that had the ability to drag a vehicle it would have to be done on a mission-only since otherwise you'd be towing a covered vehicle that does not match. Not to mention I doubt it's entirely possible in the first place to do it right in the first place. Aside from that, from the pictures I've seen of the vehicle in real life it does not look like they really use it to tow, it looks like it's been reconfigured as a retrieval device rather than a towing vehicle. I am not 100% sure on that one though. I'd rather have a Pickup-truck based tow truck personally but unfortunately due to the fact that the vehicle prototype from the accident is not loaded into a virtual object on the bed of the tow truck but rather a generic covered vehicle it would just look stupid to me.

Guest HPVFD236

Hoppah GREAT work on the new truck, Cant wait. But Heres one thing i say. Since this is a mid-mount Crane, Cant you make a Mid-Mount Ladder Truck with a bucket now that you can do that?