Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest [SAP]Francis
Thanks for your offer, but I don't need help.

Mikesphotos is already helping me a lot. :)

More news about the manual:

The manual is almost done and I'm going to release it earlier than the real v1.7 mod.

It might be interesting for some people. It has 40 pages now, but most of them are vehicle-/personnel lists.

No problem, just remember I'm there. ;)

I rarely read manuals for things but this will be the manual I will read top to bottom over and over hah. Can't get enough of this mod its great thankyou and can't wait till the %5 is done!

By the way, why did you choose los angeles when you started doing the mod for EM3?

I think hoppah should give us a release date

Just kidding, I don't wish to be banned or yelled at any time soon. I would love to have a manual as a teaser... looking forward to that manual... I think I'll have something to keep me busy with no more emergency (only a few more days until new motherboard) and the fact that I cannot "borrow" Hoppahs computer until I have a copy of his hard drive :P

I wouldn't ever do that for 3 reasons,

1. Pretty sure that is illegal,

2. Don't have the money to fly to the Netherlands

3. I wouldn't hurt the speed of Hoppahs GREAT mod... And yes I am brown nosing :P (well to an extent)

OMG! I just like went into hyperventilation, and once again, bit thru my thumb... different one this time... These releases are hurting me... but don't stop.

And lol at the fourth reason... I love it. And kill the great Hoppah? is that even possible?

If it comes out in september I will basically like jump for joy, and make my computer do one thing and one thing only, download, I am calling my ISP today to upgrade to the highest type of internet speed they have, and I am starting to devote my PC to run as a download machine only, then reconvert when it finishes !

If you can't tell I am excited

what is a manual, it dutch then.

hope it is in the month i can't now already wait

A manual is an instruction guide.

This is what the translator came up with

besturen, richten, dirigeren, mennen

LA MOD News!

Finished the final 2 missions for v1.7. Here are the briefings:

Mission 09 - Childs brutally abducted

Date: 15 November 2008

Time Received: 18:00

Two children have been abducted in a brutal home invasion that left both of their parents gravely injured. The suspects are armed and initial reports suggest that the parents may have been in the Witness Protection Program and this could have been retaliation for their testimony. Question witnesses, locate the suspects, and transport anyone injured in the home invasion.

Mission 10 - Explosion in airport terminal

Date: 19 November 2008

Time Received: 12:30

An explosion has been reported in an airport terminal. First reports indicate that there has been a partial wall collapse with persons trapped underneath. The sprinkler system has failed to activate and fires are burning out of control in that area. Due to the heavy smoke visible for miles, the fueling pipline next to the terminal may have ruptured and caught fire and needs to be handled immediately. Secondary reports are indicating that there might be a damaged store that is flooded from the sprinkler system and wires are down in the water. Use extreme caution, rescue all injured and buried patients, and extinguish all fires.

I can't really show screenshots of mission 9, but I have two from mission 10:

em4deluxe20080907212042uc8.th.jpg

em4deluxe20080907212259lc6.th.jpg

Other changes/additions:

- Added rapid deploy command to the SWAT trucks. The command deploys a 4 man SWAT team: 2 officers with MP5, 1 officer with ballistic shield, 1 officer with pistol.

- Only LAPD vehicles will come out of the police station on the freeplaymaps now.

And maybe the best news! Here's the BETA version of the manual for the Los Angeles mod v1.7!

Download link: LAMOD_manual_BETA.pdf (right click 'Save target as' works the best)

Size: 2,7 MB

Notes:

It's a BETA version, what means this version will not come with LA MOD v1.7, because we still need to add some texts and fix mistakes.

This manual is created for version 1.7. A lot has been changed, so do not report things like 'vehicle x is missing equipment'.

I released the manual so people have something to read before I will release the real Los Angeles mod v1.7.

The manual links to files of v1.7 which are not online ofcource (mission patch v1.7 for example).

It's forbidden to upload the BETA manual somewhere else.

I wish everyone a lot of fun with reading and I hope it's useful.

Hoppah

Hoppah! Why?!

I know your making the next update with new stuff! But?

Are you making it harder for the other mods to have some fame too?

I do say its great work... But every update it seems like its own game it self.

16 tons or some one should hire you to make your own game.

I feel sorry for American Mods right now... To match to your game's level.

Luckly I still feel safe in what I can add for our mod.

I bet will be fun to play.... I hope the Newbies don't use the new FF/EMT or FF/Paramedic as Firemen...

There should be a limit like one per Engine or them costing more. Honestly it takes out the fun who playing as the Medic Department. Because the other player heal people and you just have to transport.. I would like to heal also...

Good work on this update.

Well, only someone who loves this could do a manual like this... And of course a MOD like this. Is it the first mod that has a manual (still BETA, but not for long)?