Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

Guest ComputerCop
Hoppah -

Is there a way in the neverending game to make it stay DAYLIGHT? and not go to night time? I only ask this because I have noticed that my computer starts getting choppy once night time comes. But playing during the day time I have no problems.

Kenneth

I would check the freeplay parameters file, there must be something about that...I'm at work so I can't look through it right now

you might want to try messing with the freeplay parameters. it might have a parameter you need to change.

does anyone have the original freeplay parameters? i forgot to save the originals when i messed around with them, and i messed freeplay up. theres no problem, only it RAINS CONSTANTLY 24/7 and i get maybe 1 car and 1-2 ppl walking in like 20 min. thanks

I just installed my 911FR fresh last night, I can post mine when I get home from work

Guest Utrechtterror
I would check the freeplay parameters file, there must be something about that...I'm at work so I can't look through it right now

I took a look at it. Couldn't find the parameters for changing the weather though.

In the editor, by editing the paths and spawn points

i edited the the car and person frequency. :unsure: i put it on a higher setting than the originals, like 6.0 instead of 1.2 but now i only BARELY get anything or anybody at all.

oh, and my freeplay specs are em3. :Oo:

Guest Utrechtterror
Yeah, same environment, different (made up) race track. :)

Not to be a pain in the ass.. :blush: But if you move the first 2 corners just a few meters to the front, the track lay-out is almost excactly the same :blush: . And you can shorten the track too. Like zandvoort, for example.

Just an idea, I respect your work though

Guest kparsons34

I just installed my 911FR fresh last night, I can post mine when I get home from work

I checked out the freeplay parameters regarding changing the mode to just DAYLIGHT.. I couldnt find anything in there to make it stay daylight.. Hoppah do you have any suggestions to help me out? any help is much appreciated. Thanks

- Kenneth

Guest kparsons34

Hoppah -

Would it be possible in the next mod v1.4 to have emergency traffic lights in front of the fire stations? So when there is a call you can trigger the light to stop vehicles so the Emergency crews can leave the station without traffic. Just another suggestion, and if not then disregard.

Kenneth

Guest Utrechtterror
Hoppah -

Would it be possible in the next mod v1.4 to have emergency traffic lights in front of the fire stations? So when there is a call you can trigger the light to stop vehicles so the Emergency crews can leave the station without traffic. Just another suggestion, and if not then disregard.

Kenneth

Wouldn't that take alot of scripting?

I think that would take a lot of scripting.

Not really, I could do it in a few minutes or hours. Just use the stoplight scripts, and script it to change red on all sides when an emergency happens, stay red for X amount of time then change back to green until the next emergency. Or...to make things allot easier lol, just place the sign used in the mission where the bus driver causes a pile-up into the freeplay map where you need it. Give the activate and deactivate command to any emergency personal.

I'd be more then happy to script it if Hoppah wants to include it in the next version. The premade sign would be so much easier though.

Guest Utrechtterror
Hi Hoppah,

I downloaded this LA mod v1.3 today but i have a script error.

I hope u can help me the Error says:

Script error:

(_pickup9f2f8) Error: symbol RESTRICT2_CANBEPICKEDUP is not defined in current scope.

(with the options): Cancel, Restart, Ignore.

-----------------------------------------------------

But i can't move my mouse, so i don't know what to do....

Thank you!

~Skyline872.

This happens when you use the command to go to the hospital, fire station or the police station in the Deluxe map.

Just use the HQ button instead.

This happens when you use the command to go to the hospital, fire station or the police station in the Deluxe map.

Just use the HQ button instead.

I always use HQ button, it is when i wanna start the LA mod. So i can't play with the LA mod

Hi Hoppah,

I downloaded this LA mod v1.3 today but i have a script error.

I hope u can help me the Error says:

Script error:

(_pickup9f2f8) Error: symbol RESTRICT2_CANBEPICKEDUP is not defined in current scope.

(with the options): Cancel, Restart, Ignore.

-----------------------------------------------------

But i can't move my mouse, so i don't know what to do....

Thank you!

~Skyline872.

My god, why are people so impatient that they have to post a question twice? :mad:

Do you think I am computer bot which replies within an hour?

@ ffemt611:

Attach a fire hose to a hydrant and click on a open_house* building?

I don't really use this alot, but I thought I changed the scripts to make this work. :)

Maybe someone else can confirm that this is possible.

* open_house building = Building with removeable roof.